In Memory of September 11

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other

In Memory of September 11

Postby koimaster » September 10th 2010, 9:20pm

I was in Canada and Carol was in Ireland on 9/11. In memory of Carol and those who lost their lives and loved ones on 9/11 and later from subsequent actions. Due to 9/11 my trip was extended 5 days and it took 14 hours to cross the border back into the states.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: In Memory of September 11

Postby BigCheez » September 10th 2010, 9:33pm

God Bless the USA, the troops that keep her free and all of the victims and heroes of 9.11.2001

We Will Not Forget.
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Postby boscoe » September 11th 2010, 5:16am

I was in Manhattan - at FOX News (6th Ave and 48th).
You could smell the fire all the way uptown.
The attack seriously sucked.
But I have my own issues about the aftermath.
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby Guest » September 11th 2010, 11:52am

It's certainly the biggest event/happening of my lifetime. It changed the landscape of the world forever and I don't think things will ever be as they were. Bless all those that lost there lives and those that were left alone/behind.

Postby eddiea » September 11th 2010, 3:14pm

I was in Charlotte, NC at work, remember trying to call my daughter who live in Queens and all lines were busy... pretty bad memories of that day.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Guest » September 11th 2010, 3:36pm

My wife and I were bi-coastal at the time, we got our Herald Square apartment the first of August.
On the 11th, I was at our CA home, and didn't talk directly to my wife for almost full two days. Since the area codes we had there, and in CA also are the area codes of almost all of the major media out lets (212 and 818), we couldn't connect.
One of our best friends was almost directly underneath when the second plane hit, and was just blocks away as they fell. Then he eventually jumped on a tug boat that took him and others to NJ. It took him 12 hours to get back to his home in Astoria.

Postby Bigjimzlll » September 11th 2010, 10:56pm

I was at the Port Authority in 93 when the cowards tried the first time. I was in CA getting ready for work in 2001. I still remember the feeling of seeing the second plane hit...the utter disbelief and then the knowlege we were at war.
Bigjimzlll
Watchlord WIS

Postby Aqua Homer » September 13th 2010, 9:57am

Good post Koi. I was with MPD at the time and was a member of the Civil Disturbance Response Team, which consisted of a grand total of eight guys. After the Pentagon was hit, I was called in from home, we got in a van, and spent 76 hours straight marking evidence inside the structure.
Aqua Homer
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » September 11th 2016, 3:21pm

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Big Joe for those who remember him died several years ago from his exposure to toxins at ground zero.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby TemerityB » September 11th 2016, 4:14pm

As I mentioned today in another post, my thoughts today are with a gentleman named Al Abate, who lost two people close to him in the tower attacks.

I'd recant my 9/11 day, but I'm pretty sure I've written about it here before.

As a New Yorker, that day, and many months after it, were exceptionally painful. I'm pretty sure I've never gotten over the anger. All I know is that I wish everyone affected peace and happiness every day for the rest of their lives.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » September 11th 2016, 4:24pm

TemerityB wrote:As I mentioned today in another post, my thoughts today are with a gentleman named Al Abate, who lost two people close to him in the tower attacks.

I'd recant my 9/11 day, but I'm pretty sure I've written about it here before.

As a New Yorker, that day, and many months after it, were exceptionally painful. I'm pretty sure I've never gotten over the anger. All I know is that I wish everyone affected peace and happiness every day for the rest of their lives.

As I said before, T, on these anniversaries, I try to let the anger go and instead admire the heroes of 9/11; the NYPD, the passengers on flight 93, but especially the NYFD--these people set a benchmark of courage that may be equalled, but never surpassed.

I don't believe in God, but if God had to pick where the attacks were made, he choose New York, because New York could take it.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Wasp » September 12th 2016, 5:04am

My eyes directly on the towers as they fell. This is what's etched in my mind.

Hundreds of PASS (Personal Alert Safety System) devices sounding.
Surviving Emergency personnel walking around in shock.
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » September 12th 2016, 11:53am

Wasp wrote:My eyes directly on the towers as they fell. This is what's etched in my mind.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM4CMtsdNjY[/youtube]

Hundreds of PASS (Personal Alert Safety System) devices sounding.
Surviving Emergency personnel walking around in shock.

Even though I was watching on TV, that sound was so sad. Absolutely heartbreaking.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby koimaster » September 11th 2018, 12:05pm

ttt

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby boscoe » September 12th 2018, 4:28pm

Here's what pissed me off about the response to the tragedy - the feds paying the dead folks' families. Still does.
The members here aren't gonna get any cash when they or the relatives croak. What made the 9/11 dead special? Yes, it was a tragedy. But every death is.
I have no problem - and contributed - to PRIVATE charities raising cash for victims' kin. But government dole for the dead makes it unequal - unless we ALL get the same cash.
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby bedlam » September 13th 2018, 2:13am

A tragedy in every way. The 3000 innocent souls in New York and the 250,000 Iraqi's who were asked to pay the highest possible price for that atrocity.

Still, America made sure the Iraqi's won't do it again!! Oh, wait...
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Return to Anything and Everything Else