Vintage Revue

Have a love for a bygone era? Discuss you vintage loves here!

Vintage Revue

Postby svaglic » May 31st 2019, 4:39pm

My first Revue, 42mm lugless. Not a bad fit on my 6 3/4” wrist.
Either hazing or dust under the crystal, I think hazing.

I’ve had a thing for a normal sized lugless watch the last few years. Halios said he was going to make a smaller one and people said it would be a 44mm, he made it 48 again and just made it a mm thinner. A huge let down to a lot of people, but I went on a search for a small one.
I have a Kickstarter MMW lugless coming in, but I will probably trade it or donate it to auction since it is a 45mm and I see it will probably look stoooopid on me.
I saw this Revue lugless a year or so back and was always a little late getting one when it came up for sale, I got this one though. One came up in Dec, but the dial was off in the sum ting Wong department, so I had to let it pass. When I saw this, it was for a super high price so we haggled for a bit and I got it for less than half of his asking price. I’m impressed with the quality of this, for a vintage, it is very solid.

svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Vintage Revue

Postby conjurer » May 31st 2019, 5:06pm

That's just too goddamn cool for words!!
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » May 31st 2019, 5:37pm

That's a lovely piece. I wonder if the dial wasn't relumed at some point - if so, then it must have been long ago. Still, it's as 1970s as it gets. Cool find.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » May 31st 2019, 7:49pm

Honestly .... that is just great even with the hazing - nothing wrong with a little character.

You always find cool, unique stuff.
I bought a dive watch from them that literally had “dive” in the name. The instructions said not to dive with it - it was only meant to LOOK like a dive watch. It was also fast by more that a minute per day. Garbage. Never again. - IWG buyer on Reddit
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Racer-X » May 31st 2019, 8:01pm

TemerityB wrote:...You always find cool, unique stuff.

+1 What a fun, retro find.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » June 1st 2019, 6:55am

You have a level of patience in your watch pursuits that is to be envied. Your tastes in vintage pieces is top notch, as is this unique find.

Damn, but that is a great watch!
"There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever."- Ron White
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Return to Vintage Watches