Three Affordable Vintage Watches for sale

Have a love for a bygone era? Discuss you vintage loves here!

Three Affordable Vintage Watches for sale

Postby koimaster » May 26th 2019, 11:20pm

Does it sometimes feel like vintage watches have left the roots of their appeal behind with escalating prices? The internet made once humble, historical watches more widely available and easily searchable, but it also educated a new generation of voracious watch lovers — as well as created buzz around certain brands, models, and genres, and collecting in general. Well, it takes some work, but affordable vintage watches worth buying can still be found. Here are three such mechanical beauties, all selling for under $400.

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/05/24/found ... caravelle/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Three Affordable Vintage Watches for sale

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » May 27th 2019, 8:57am

The Caravelle and LIP are overpriced, IMO. The Dugena isn't a bad deal, considering that it has been serviced.

EDIT: As it has been pointed out to me, the Dugena might in fact be a lemon, as the case appears to be identical to that used in 1960s Tissot PR516 Seastar divers. It may be that the cases came from the same supplier... Or it's a Tissot case with fake Dugena markings. I can't exactly call it out as a franken/fake, not without a shot of the inner side of the case back.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Return to Vintage Watches