Is it Worth It to Sell on WUS

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other

Is it Worth It to Sell on WUS

Postby tiktok » April 16th 2019, 1:02pm

I really dislike too much anality (is that a word) to put up with the mewling buyers on WUS. They want their beds turned down with a semi-sweet choklit on the pillow. I guess it's a matter of mental and financial scale for folks.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Is it Worth It to Sell on WUS

Postby foghorn » April 16th 2019, 1:16pm

Well worth it. I've made a lot of sales there. A good sales post with a concise,accurate description along with good pictures is all you need to eliminate many questions. Answer them before they get asked. I don't mind people asking or being picky. One of them eventually buys.
Never had a complaint.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby iwasbanned » April 16th 2019, 1:40pm

Yes.
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » April 16th 2019, 2:16pm

Haven't sold any but I've bought at least a half dozen watches from WUS sellers with no problems. Although I'm a member, I don't post there and usually come across pieces I'm interested in via Watchrecon. I did have one WUS member refuse to sell to me because I have so few forum posts but he was a whining wee-wee.
"See the Winter Boys drinking heavy water from a stone - Bye bye Empire, empire bye bye...."
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby Racer-X » April 16th 2019, 2:53pm

Best place to sell a watch IMO.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » April 16th 2019, 4:00pm

Too much hassle in my opinion. Would rather pay the eBay fees and not deal with the trolls.
"There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever."- Ron White
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby labman » April 16th 2019, 4:13pm

I would say yes.

Also, by putting a watch for sale on WUS it will be listed on watchrecon.
labman
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » April 16th 2019, 10:16pm

I haven't sold anything on WUS for a long time--I prefer private transactions between people I know.

When I did sell, I came up with a plan: I would closely check prices in previous transactions, and when I knew what a fair price would be, I'd set my price at the lowest I would take after a long period of time bumping the FS thread. By doing this, I ensured that I would have at least a couple of firm buyers lined up at the beginning, and usually choose either the first who responded or the first who had some history and probably wouldn't break my balls later.

By doing this, I was able to make some fast and relatively painless deals on WUS. Certainly I left some money on the table, but I was able to move pieces quick, raise the funds I needed, and didn't have to put up with a bunch of asshole lowballers or becoming a victim of an "I Want To Be Made Whole" shit.
Cream rises to the top while jackoffs only leave puddles of rancid jizz.

--Temerity, regarding Bazinga!.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Pubbie » April 17th 2019, 1:59am

tiktok wrote:I really dislike too much anality (is that a word) to put up with the mewling buyers on WUS. They want their beds turned down with a semi-sweet choklit on the pillow. I guess it's a matter of mental and financial scale for folks.

Those are the beds that the typical WUS member wets on a nightly basis?

Too many twats, slags and cuntz on there. Some good people obviously but the odds of coming across some frothing wanker are just too high. So I never bother with it, and only use it as a historical database from when they used to talk about watches, rather than branding and hatred.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Rusty » April 17th 2019, 10:46am

Most of my sales have been on WUS although I took a whole year off because of the ONE ASSHOLE that I ran into that ruined the entire process for me. I wrote him up AND he wrote me up and then I requested help from one of the mods who was also an asshole and seemed like he graduated from WTForums to WUS because he was right out of the JH III playbook.

I have gotten back and had several good sales in recent months. Honestly, I would prefer to sell here but a lot of members have the same watches I have.
Rusty
Master of Time

Return to Anything and Everything Else