Dan Henry Watches 1972 Alarm Chrono Review

Micro-Brands discussed here

Dan Henry Watches 1972 Alarm Chrono Review

Postby Racer-X » March 10th 2019, 2:55pm

"When Dan Henry Watches first released the 1972 Alarm Chono I did a mental fist pump. I knew that eventually I’d get the chance to interact with one. I recognized it immediately.

The 1986 film Top Gun was the best piece of PR material ever to grace the United States military. At the time America was still on the heels of the Vietnam conflict. The nasty aftertaste led to low public perception of the US Military. This made military recruiting difficult at best. We didn’t see past the uniforms to the people wearing them and respect them as we do today.]

...The film is riddled with inconsistencies and technical errors, including the most egregious of all: Maverick’s watch. Despite the different watches used in filming, the Orfina 7176s Chronograph is widely considered to be the “Top Gun” watch."

http://twobrokewatchsnobs.com/dan-henry-watches-1972-alarm-chrono-review/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Dan Henry Watches 1972 Alarm Chrono Review

Postby foghorn » March 10th 2019, 2:58pm

I just tried to do a mental fist pump and I hurt my neck.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby artman » March 10th 2019, 3:48pm

That's a handsome watch, but will that finish get all scratched up? I want to see it after a week of wear.
artman
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » March 10th 2019, 5:08pm

artman wrote:That's a handsome watch, but will that finish get all scratched up? I want to see it after a week of wear.

Great point. I went to a watch fair last fall with the intention of seeing the new DH models ... then went and bought another brand. I thought the 1972 felt and looked flimsy, like a TV watch - and this is coming from someone who is a DH fan. It just didn't pass the smell test, so I left it there. Cripes, the black PVD model looked like it was rubbing off just from being handled for display, particularly near the links.

Oh, and Greg Bedrosian couldn't write a grocery list.
"The thing is, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, when I met them, they were across the hall, and they don’t get high; they just eat a lot of pizza." - Norman Durkee
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » March 11th 2019, 10:31am

The normal (non-coated) version looks nice. I wouldn’t trust that PVD to last. Can’t speak for the flimsy TV wartche feel, I haven’t seen it in person.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Return to Micro-Brands