AMCHPR China Tour 2018 - April 25 - Jinan, Shandong Day 1

Chinese watch Museum and travels to China

AMCHPR China Tour 2018 - April 25 - Jinan, Shandong Day 1

Postby AlbertaTime » March 2nd 2019, 3:25am

Today's episode is a "no horological content" ultra-touristy post featuring what I saw on my first day back in Jinan, in April of 2018, photos and video. Features: The Jinan Mountain Sea Culture Hotel, and a walkabout of Daming and Xiaodong Lakes.

https://www.amchpr.com/trip-5---april-25th-2018-jinan-day-1.html
Last edited by AlbertaTime on March 2nd 2019, 4:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Re: AMCHPR China Tour 2018 - April 25 - Jinan, Shandong Day

Postby biglove » March 2nd 2019, 3:37pm

I believe I could live in China. Just looks so peaceful.
"There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever."- Ron White
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mark1 » March 2nd 2019, 8:07pm

Thanks for posting the link. I enjoy learning about your travels.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » March 2nd 2019, 8:57pm

A-T is not only a scholar and gentleman--he also has the eye of an artist with his camera.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » March 2nd 2019, 9:00pm

Videos! This is great.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » March 3rd 2019, 8:03pm

Better and better all the time, AT... The videos look like they were shot with a gimbal.

The shots where ppl were strolling through the park looking at art- street performers... the background not particularly Asian in architecture, or with those little Shriner cars on the street, it could have been Seaport Village or the Prado in Balboa Park. Funny how people stand back, heads a-tilt to look at art, or how they posture when put off, or in love-or the line is too long, or whatnot, and then you can hear and then see the people are Chinese.

Too bad most of the worst of us wind up running governments.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby AlbertaTime » March 3rd 2019, 10:48pm

biglove wrote:I believe I could live in China. Just looks so peaceful.

Nice to hear. I think you probably could do just fine there.

I could happily live in China. I know I'd find some things frustrating--no place is perfect. But I can find stuff frustrating here, too. I like the optimism I find in China, I like the friendliness I find, I like that so many people get out on the streets at night, or in the parks on weekends and evenings, and just hang out and talk to each other. I think in China, like everywhere, most folks prefer peaceful, and China has a good share of very peaceful places. Oh, and superb pop music.

Business is business, though. There's no shortage of hard work.

Mark1 wrote:Thanks for posting the link. I enjoy learning about your travels.

I wish more people could experience being in China, and I feel really grateful for the opportunity, so I'm really happy to share as best I can. Thank you.

conjurer wrote:A-T is not only a scholar and gentleman--he also has the eye of an artist with his camera.

Very kind, but as I say: it is not that difficult to take interesting photos of things that are fascinating. All credit to the subjects.

Racer-X wrote:Videos! This is great.

I'm really enjoying shooting the videos, and I have to tell you, it's great to have them when I get back to Peace RIver and normal life--except for the homesickness ;-)

If I recall, it was you that first asked for more videos--thumbs up!

3Flushes wrote:Better and better all the time, AT... The videos look like they were shot with a gimbal.

The shots where ppl were strolling through the park looking at art- street performers... the background not particularly Asian in architecture, or with those little Shriner cars on the street, it could have been Seaport Village or the Prado in Balboa Park. Funny how people stand back, heads a-tilt to look at art, or how they posture when put off, or in love-or the line is too long, or whatnot, and then you can hear and then see the people are Chinese.

Too bad most of the worst of us wind up running governments.

I am constantly reassured when I'm in China. I find--every day--that people can be very much the same, even so far away :-) And I find people are pretty good, so I'm fine with that.

No gimbal, just Samsung S8+ and mostly held out in front of me, both hands.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Return to AlbertaTime Museum and Travels