Aquatico Blue Angel

Asian Made & Swiss Asian watches

Aquatico Blue Angel

Postby svaglic » November 28th 2018, 6:21pm

Ordered on November 8 and in today. It was delivered on a day with no sunshine, so this is the best I could do. $149.00 and 40mm, so what did I have to lose?
It was wrapped in two four foot long pieces of bubble wrap, I think a carton of eggs had a chance of making it in all that.
After being debubbled I had this. Pretty typical of watches from China that I’ve gotten in the past.

JAS posted a link to a dive watch from this company and I stumbled on this one. Although they call it a pilot watch, I guess they have one watch box to ship their watches in.

This came in the box.

They had them in blue, grey, black and this one. I liked the contrast of the sun ray inner dial to the pressed circles on the outer dial. I was confused on if there were orange or red highlights on it because the stock photos showed up as red, but the review here https://www.watchitallabout.com/aquatic ... ch-review/ had them as orange. I would also like to say that the pictures in this review are awesome, much better than mine, but I think his pictures make the watch look nicer than it really is. Mine don’t do it justice, but his over flatter it. His review makes it sound and look like this is a lot of watch for $149.00 and it’s not. I mean, I’m not upset with what I got, but I got a $149.00 watch...I’ve done worse and have worse, I’m ok with it.

A close up of the dial shows some roughness and cheap hands that is hard to detect from a short distance. The date window has some roughness and my circular press isn’t as stand out as I would like. The lumped numbers aren’t as bad as I would have guessed, but not great and the lume lasts about as long as an Invicta.

It has a signed crown with a dolphin and the lugs angle down to help hide they are so long. The strap is quite thick and at first I thought it would be a good strap, you’ll see a picture on that later.

Here is the straps that come with it, one signed buckle. I bent the strap back a little to flatten it out so it would sit right for a picture and it went into distressed mode immediately. You can see the area I flattened out compared to the area I didn’t flatten. The guy who did the review, I posted a link to, raves on this strap. I’m not seeing it, I think this will be toast with two to three weeks of daily wear, perhaps less. Forget about getting it damp or sweating in it, I think it will turn to leprosy. I will look for a better strap for it, I may have one, 22mm isn’t something I usually keep on hand though. I’ll experiment with various bracelets and pilot straps til I find one I like. Until then, I’ll see how long this one will last.

I can’t tell if this is connected to the glass or the back of the movement. Hopefully it isn’t attached to anything that would alter the performance of the movement because I think I would like to remove the plane. It is tacky to me, thankfully I won’t see it while wearing it. The NH35A isn’t bad.

Overall I like the look of the watch, I didn’t get the deal of the century, but I didn’t get ripped off either. It will have a place in my hoard, like I said I’ve done worse. Time will tell, I’ll wear it a few days and report any ugliness that comes up.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Aquatico Blue Angel

Postby JAS1125 » November 28th 2018, 6:55pm

I was wondering when this would come. Sorry that it didn't live up to the expectations in the overhyped review. Agree that strap looks like crap. I'm sure you'll be able to find something that works
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby svaglic » November 28th 2018, 7:00pm

JAS1125 wrote:I was wondering when this would come. Sorry that it didn't live up to the expectations in the overhyped review. Agree that strap looks like crap. I'm sure you'll be able to find something that works

I didn’t have that high of an expectation when I ordered it, I figured there was some hype. I liked the look and think it is a decent watch for what I paid. You forget, I’m a J.Springs fan, I can deal with cheap watches. It met a want for me, I just didn’t want anyone to order it off what I wrote and expect more than what it is.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » November 28th 2018, 9:09pm

Thanks, Allison. An honest review is always appreciated!
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » November 28th 2018, 9:51pm

I agree with conj; nice job. I don't think the watch is bad-looking at all; it's kinda unique, though the hands would bug me a bit.

Gotta tell you, since you made the Invicta comparison: There are some interesting sub-$500 watches coming out of China; some of them seem to offer a decent bang for the back - I'm seeing sapphire, stainless steel, Miyota and Seiko movements. Lot of outright design theft as well, of course, but it's just interesting to me. And I'd own any one of them over an Invicta 10 times out of 10.

BTW - the $19 or whatever it was Chinese chrono that I ordered just to piss of Mr. Neckbeard, who was trying to sell the same watch for like $150 or whatever it was, is actually holding up really well. I'd say the quality is equal to anything fucking Lalo has ever offered at any price point ... wow, are those TV-watching simps getting hosed, BAD.
"A fantastic watch company."
- PhatKat Collections on Stuhrling Original, YouTube
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » November 28th 2018, 11:16pm

TemerityB wrote:I agree with conj; nice job. I don't think the watch is bad-looking at all; it's kinda unique, though the hands would bug me a bit.

Gotta tell you, since you made the Invicta comparison: There are some interesting sub-$500 watches coming out of China; some of them seem to offer a decent bang for the back - I'm seeing sapphire, stainless steel, Miyota and Seiko movements. Lot of outright design theft as well, of course, but it's just interesting to me. And I'd own any one of them over an Invicta 10 times out of 10.

BTW - the $19 or whatever it was Chinese chrono that I ordered just to piss of Mr. Neckbeard, who was trying to sell the same watch for like $150 or whatever it was, is actually holding up really well. I'd say the quality is equal to anything fucking Lalo has ever offered at any price point ... wow, are those TV-watching simps getting hosed, BAD.

Some fine points from T, as always. However, I should expand on my previous post, since I reread it just now and felt that I wasn't giving Allison enough credit, where credit is due.

A fine review, Allison, with good pics and honest text.

All too often today, what one finds on the interwebz is total bullshit. Good reviews are often egged on by click-throughs or whateverthefuck they're called--far too many, and perhaps the great majority of reviewers, are looking for money from advertisers or free shit from manufacturers. This makes sense; if you're looking to be the next great wartche revooer, like Bazinga!, for instance, streams of income are pretty dependent on you getting review samples (or free watches) from whatever micro-du-jour. This requires plenty of ball-sucking to keep the gravy-train rolling. However, there are those of us who really want to tell the truth about these wartchs, so people can read the reviews and make up their own minds.

Good for those honest reviewers.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » November 28th 2018, 11:24pm

Taking a chance now and again is fun. Always appreciate your candor.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby svaglic » November 29th 2018, 10:33am

I’m not disappointed in the watch, it’s not bad for what I paid. I’m disappointed in the reviewer.
Aquatico makes a diver for a little over $200.00, I’m not going to jump on that one. I have enough budget divers to make me happy.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » November 29th 2018, 12:23pm

That blog is by a CW forum member and he does tend to gush a bit.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » November 29th 2018, 9:49pm

Love an honest look at a watch purpose. Would own these in every color offered at the asking price before I would spend 1/10th of the amount for a single Inshita. I cringe visibly when I see anything Laylow makes.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Return to Asian and Far East Watches