Oris Divers Sixty-Five

Oris Divers Sixty-Five

Postby koimaster » October 24th 2018, 8:46am

There must be something good in the water at Hölstein, because Oris has been on fire lately. The 100 per cent mechanical brand has always had a solid following, thanks to its no-fuss divers and pilot pieces, but even though the watches represent excellent bang for buck, they’ve always been a little under the radar. That changed last year with the release of the original Divers Sixty-Five, a pitch-perfect reissue that hit all the right notes. Well, Oris has been busy making hay while the sun shines. There are now several new dial versions of the original model, as well as a 42mm limited edition bronze piece, which we’ll be tackling in-depth next week. Today, though, we’re focusing on the new steel 42mm version.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/editors- ... ngs-price/

About 10 years ago Oris was a big thing in the WIS world. Northwestguy who has since sold off most of his watches due to personal issues owned several including the Frank Sinatra pictured here.

ImageImage

Deep Blue cloned the Oris for their dive watch the 1000m viewtopic.php?f=58&t=7508&p=219698&hilit=deep+blue+oris#p219698

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Oris Divers Sixty-Five

Postby foghorn » October 24th 2018, 9:05am

I like mine. And yeah-I know it's only 100 meters W/R and not really a "diver" but in 1965 people weren't so snooty about waRtcHes.
I remember looking at it at an AD.Tourneau, to be exact-but I didn't buy from them. I got mine early when the only option was the 40 mm version. (the perfect size for this reissue) I asked the salesman to have a look and pointed to it. He says "This one? The small one?" To which I replied " No, the normal sized one". What I should have said was " No you stupid motherfucking moron, the one that doesn't look like a fucking Oreo douchnozzle bastard idiot cock o' the plank!"

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Oris Divers Sixty-Five

Postby TemerityB » October 24th 2018, 1:05pm

I'm an Oris fan, but my favorite line is the music homage line. Great quality and I'm still keeping my eye out for the T. Monk version.

Proof that quartz is still not only viable, but sometimes, something to covet: Grand Seiko.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to Fortis and Oris watches