Casio G-Shock Glacier Gold 35th Anniversary Edition

Casio G-Shock Glacier Gold 35th Anniversary Edition

Postby Racer-X » September 25th 2018, 10:20pm

"In 1983, CASIO introduced the G-Shock: a game changing timepiece that redefined toughness of a watch. Its first iteration – the DW-5000C, paved the way for an entirely new segment of tough, shockproof watches – one that G-Shocks continues to dominate today. 2018 marks the 35th anniversary of G-Shocks. CASIO is celebrating this milestone with the release of the GLACIER GOLD collection of four G-Shock models with glacier-inspired transparent designs.

The new DW-5035E, DW-5735E, GA-735E, and GA-835E watches combine G-SHOCK toughness with an overall look that evokes the appearance of glaciers in a land of extreme cold, with clear semi-transparent bezels and bands. The innovative use of transparent resin gained attention with the DW-6900K model that was released in 1996 to commemorate the G-SHOCK Dolphin & Whale models, making a lasting mark on the G-SHOCK lineage. The dials, buckles, buttons, screws, and case backs are finished with a brilliant gold color to commemorate their status as 35th anniversary models."

https://deployant.com/new-casio-g-shock-glacier-gold-35th-anniversary-edition/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Casio G-Shock Glacier Gold 35th Anniversary Edition

Postby conjurer » September 25th 2018, 10:27pm

Normally, I'd go all asshole over watch companies that make a big deal over some anniversary. But, not this time. Casio Gees are so profoundly cool that only the meanest dick would go nuclear over them pounding their chests a little.

Gees have proven themselves all over the world, in the worst places in the world, for decades. Are they a tiny bit ghey? No, because they're fucking Gees.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Rusty » September 26th 2018, 11:45am

Before I became serious about this watch habit, I pretty much wore Casios and graduated to G’s. If you look at the features that modern G’s have, they are a pretty remarkable invention. I know a few guys who collect only G-Shocks and their collections are astounding. Even though I probably won’t buy a 35th anniversary model, I say Happy Birthday and well done, Kikuo Ibe.
Rusty
Master of Time

Postby foghorn » September 26th 2018, 12:35pm

I like G-Shocks too.
But I don't like this one. Not one little bit.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby JAS1125 » September 26th 2018, 2:12pm

Nyet..
No see thru
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » September 26th 2018, 11:00pm

I don't mind G-Shocks, I'm sure they're among the epitomes of reliability and durability. However, this "anniversary edition" is shockingly ghey.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby Mark1 » September 26th 2018, 11:06pm

G shocks are okay but that thing is like a limited edition Yugo.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby tiktok » September 26th 2018, 11:35pm

Looks like poor man's Cartier santos
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Return to G-Shock