In Detail – Chopard L.U.C All-in-One

All things Swiss

In Detail – Chopard L.U.C All-in-One

Postby Racer-X » September 14th 2018, 11:22pm

"Some brands don’t like it when you talk about the price first, but it is the first thing people ask about when they see a watch. Before we go into that, let’s have a closer look at this Chopard L.U.C All-in-One that was presented to us in Basel last March. Limited to 10 pieces only, so we might be a bit late but the Chopard website doesn’t indicate this watch as ‘Sold Out’ or words with equal meaning.

There are no less than 14 indications featuring a tourbillon, a perpetual calendar, sunrise & sunset times and astronomical orbital moon phase, with a 7-day power reserve. Boom! There you have it, it becomes clear that the Chopard L.U.C All-in-One is a grand complication that can definitely be seen as a show-piece to demonstrate what this manufacture is capable of. Grand Complications are not only the territory of Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Vacheron Constantin, but Chopard also plays along with this L.U.C All-in-One."

https://www.fratellowatches.com/chopard-l-u-c-all-in-one/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: In Detail – Chopard L.U.C All-in-One

Postby conjurer » September 15th 2018, 7:37am

If you mention the Equation of Time complication to the waitress down at the Dog 'N' Suds, you're very likely to get your dick wet.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » September 15th 2018, 10:48am

Turdbillion. Bleh.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

A man's got to know his limitations...
Inspector Harry Callahan

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » September 15th 2018, 5:32pm

Damn. I mean, damn.

In another lifetime, perhaps. I look at my own collection now, then stare at my feet, then back at the Chopard.

I put down my Chromebook. I glance at my wife, who is reading her tablet. My dog is nodding out; the cat is pacing about, trying to avoid the dog. My life's pretty okay. I like my watch collection, I tell myself. I really do, yeah, that's the ticket.

I move to the bedroom, put on a 40-watt lamp, and chug down a glass of Brotherhood Rosario. I guess screw-top wine is all I deserve. Wonder what's on Channel 9 after "Family Feud."
Proof that quartz is still not only viable, but sometimes, something to covet: Grand Seiko.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby foghorn » September 15th 2018, 5:54pm

Sure it's a marvel of horological technology. But so is a cheap Chinese automatic to my simple brain. Who needs it to tell time? Who uses it to it's full potential. NOBODY. That's who.A "look at what I can afford" watch.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » September 15th 2018, 8:00pm

It's got an equation of time indicator, you stupid bastards! That alone would have Bradford Dillman dropping his trousers!
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Swiss Watches