Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage Collection,“True-GMT”

All things Swiss

Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage Collection,“True-GMT”

Postby Racer-X » September 14th 2018, 11:20pm

"Alpina has just announced four new Startimer Pilot Heritage models for the US market. These are big, bold, funky aviation watches that measure 42 millimeters across and 12 millimeters deep. With their beefy, multi-faceted, cushion style cases and four bold colorways, these watches are never going to be a sheepish choice on anyone’s wrist.

The copper, dark gray, and light blue dials ship on light brown leather, and the fourth navy dial comes on black leather. The main hands and applied markers are in steel, while the seconds hand is bright orange on all four models, and, at least in photos, every colorway “works.”"

https://wornandwound.com/introducing-the-alpina-startimer-pilot-heritage-collection-a-value-packed-true-gmt-travelers-watch/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage Collection,“True-GMT”

Postby foghorn » September 15th 2018, 4:17am

Of the 4 bold colorways (colourways?) the colorway (colourway?) I like the most is the blue colorway (colourway?).

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » September 15th 2018, 7:33am

foghorn wrote:Of the 4 bold colorways (colourways?) the colorway (colourway?) I like the most is the blue colorway (colourway?).

I propose that the correct term (and spelling) should be entered into the Watchlords Style Manual of Ball-Busting as "colourway." Using the UK (and Australian) version is funnier, gheyer, and also points the finger at the Brits and Aussies as probably inventors of this Wagnerianly ghey term.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Pubbie » September 15th 2018, 9:07am

It is indeed ghey as fuck, but it’s used exclusively by American websites droning on about watches, so go right ahead and use it just as much as you want, preferably 8 or 9 times every sentence ; )

What’s gheyer is the stupid shibboleth “trewww GMT”, as if the other way is false. What, they just fucking painted it on the dial??
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » September 15th 2018, 11:18am

As far as Alpinas go, it's OK. Not sized like a hockey puck, just a nice, 1970s-style design.

All in all, I kind of like it.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » September 15th 2018, 5:35pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:As far as Alpinas go, it's OK. Not sized like a hockey puck, just a nice, 1970s-style design.

All in all, I kind of like it.

Me, too, though I must profess a like for about half of the Alpina line to begin with.

So I give it a thumbs up, even with the colorway, which seems quite bespoke, yo.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby foghorn » September 15th 2018, 6:03pm

They say 42 mm which sounds nice,but with these cushion cases the extra real estate at the corners makes it wear more like 46 mm. I wonder what the 11-5 measurement is. I have a Zodiac Sea Dragon with a similar case and , though listed as 39mm , wears much larger.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Rusty » September 16th 2018, 7:38am

conjurer wrote:
foghorn wrote:Of the 4 bold colorways (colourways?) the colorway (colourway?) I like the most is the blue colorway (colourway?).

I propose that the correct term (and spelling) should be entered into the Watchlords Style Manual of Ball-Busting as "colourway." Using the UK (and Australian) version is funnier, gheyer, and also points the finger at the Brits and Aussies as probably inventors of this Wagnerianly ghey term.

In keeping with this sentiment, the color (colour) should be written as BLEU as in SACR'E BLEU.
Rusty
Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » September 16th 2018, 10:14am

Rusty wrote:
conjurer wrote:

In keeping with this sentiment, the color (colour) should be written as BLEU as in SACR'E BLEU.

...if not azure - or cerulean.
"General, those brave men will not surrender - what shall we do?"
"Kill them all then, colonel. I would not have them be brave in the Devil's service!"

Major Gen'l. Thomas J. Jackson CSA
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mark1 » September 16th 2018, 6:20pm

In the printing world it would be cyan.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby TemerityB » September 16th 2018, 7:21pm

Mark1 wrote:In the printing world it would be cyan.

That is absolutely correct. I've never used cyan, not even once, yet it's always been offered. :wink:
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to Swiss Watches