Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage Collection,“True-GMT”

All things Swiss

Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage Collection,“True-GMT”

Postby Racer-X » September 14th 2018, 11:20pm

"Alpina has just announced four new Startimer Pilot Heritage models for the US market. These are big, bold, funky aviation watches that measure 42 millimeters across and 12 millimeters deep. With their beefy, multi-faceted, cushion style cases and four bold colorways, these watches are never going to be a sheepish choice on anyone’s wrist.

The copper, dark gray, and light blue dials ship on light brown leather, and the fourth navy dial comes on black leather. The main hands and applied markers are in steel, while the seconds hand is bright orange on all four models, and, at least in photos, every colorway “works.”"

https://wornandwound.com/introducing-the-alpina-startimer-pilot-heritage-collection-a-value-packed-true-gmt-travelers-watch/
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 5119
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage Collection,“True-GMT”

Postby foghorn » September 15th 2018, 4:17am

Of the 4 bold colorways (colourways?) the colorway (colourway?) I like the most is the blue colorway (colourway?).
Image



Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 17382
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage Collection,“True-GMT”

Postby conjurer » September 15th 2018, 7:33am

foghorn wrote:Of the 4 bold colorways (colourways?) the colorway (colourway?) I like the most is the blue colorway (colourway?).


I propose that the correct term (and spelling) should be entered into the Watchlords Style Manual of Ball-Busting as "colourway." Using the UK (and Australian) version is funnier, gheyer, and also points the finger at the Brits and Aussies as probably inventors of this Wagnerianly ghey term.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.


--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 27324
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage Collection,“True-GMT”

Postby Pubbie » September 15th 2018, 9:07am

It is indeed ghey as fuck, but it’s used exclusively by American websites droning on about watches, so go right ahead and use it just as much as you want, preferably 8 or 9 times every sentence ; )

What’s gheyer is the stupid shibboleth “trewww GMT”, as if the other way is false. What, they just fucking painted it on the dial??
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 423
Joined: September 18th 2017, 5:35am

Re: Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage Collection,“True-GMT”

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » September 15th 2018, 11:18am

As far as Alpinas go, it's OK. Not sized like a hockey puck, just a nice, 1970s-style design.

All in all, I kind of like it.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
 
Posts: 1706
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm

Re: Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage Collection,“True-GMT”

Postby TemerityB » September 15th 2018, 5:35pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:As far as Alpinas go, it's OK. Not sized like a hockey puck, just a nice, 1970s-style design.

All in all, I kind of like it.


Me, too, though I must profess a like for about half of the Alpina line to begin with.

So I give it a thumbs up, even with the colorway, which seems quite bespoke, yo.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 14388
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City

Re: Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage Collection,“True-GMT”

Postby foghorn » September 15th 2018, 6:03pm

They say 42 mm which sounds nice,but with these cushion cases the extra real estate at the corners makes it wear more like 46 mm. I wonder what the 11-5 measurement is. I have a Zodiac Sea Dragon with a similar case and , though listed as 39mm , wears much larger.
Image



Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 17382
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage Collection,“True-GMT”

Postby Rusty » September 16th 2018, 7:38am

conjurer wrote:
foghorn wrote:Of the 4 bold colorways (colourways?) the colorway (colourway?) I like the most is the blue colorway (colourway?).


I propose that the correct term (and spelling) should be entered into the Watchlords Style Manual of Ball-Busting as "colourway." Using the UK (and Australian) version is funnier, gheyer, and also points the finger at the Brits and Aussies as probably inventors of this Wagnerianly ghey term.


In keeping with this sentiment, the color (colour) should be written as BLEU as in SACR'E BLEU.
User avatar
Rusty
Master of Time
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: November 5th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: South of Lake Ontario

Re: Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage Collection,“True-GMT”

Postby Falstaff » September 16th 2018, 10:14am

Rusty wrote:
conjurer wrote:
foghorn wrote:Of the 4 bold colorways (colourways?) the colorway (colourway?) I like the most is the blue colorway (colourway?).


I propose that the correct term (and spelling) should be entered into the Watchlords Style Manual of Ball-Busting as "colourway." Using the UK (and Australian) version is funnier, gheyer, and also points the finger at the Brits and Aussies as probably inventors of this Wagnerianly ghey term.


In keeping with this sentiment, the color (colour) should be written as BLEU as in SACR'E BLEU.



...if not azure - or cerulean.
"General, those brave men will not surrender - what shall we do?"
"Kill them all then, colonel. I would not have them be brave in the Devil's service!"

Major Gen'l. Thomas J. Jackson CSA
User avatar
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 6972
Joined: August 31st 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage Collection,“True-GMT”

Postby Mark1 » September 16th 2018, 6:20pm

In the printing world it would be cyan.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
User avatar
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS
 
Posts: 7694
Joined: December 19th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage Collection,“True-GMT”

Postby TemerityB » September 16th 2018, 7:21pm

Mark1 wrote:In the printing world it would be cyan.


That is absolutely correct. I've never used cyan, not even once, yet it's always been offered. :wink:
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 14388
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City


Return to Swiss Watches

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests