Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39 vs Grand Seiko Snowflake

Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39 vs Grand Seiko Snowflake

Postby Racer-X » September 14th 2018, 1:02am

"This will probably divide opinions, however if you are looking to buy either of these two watches, it is hard to go wrong. Some key things for consideration between these two watches:

• Prices between the two at retail is relatively the same, and if buying the Snowflake I advised to buy used simply for the fact that it takes a hit when worn and you can scoop them up at much less than retail.

• The Snowflake dial is just incredible, and compared to the OP its not even a close comparison.

• The OP is better on the wrist, with the refined lug design, and Oyster bracelet being standouts.

• I think that the Rolex will be a little more versatile, and suit a wider range of occasions.

• Spring Drive does provide better accuracy, and sweeps the seconds hand smoother than any watch out there, however is not a 100% mechanical movement.

Preference to what you like will be purely personal.

Whatever your preference, we all have different wrists, opinions and preferences, which is what makes this wonderful world of watches so good. Variety is the spice of life.

Macro Images:
"As previously mentioned, I have also compiled a set of macro images which will give you some indication of the finishing and details on a variety of watches. Ill keep adding to this box, over time."

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uiitvz4pghgprle/AABui3VO_OESs284WaDgbZ9Ia?dl=0
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39 vs Grand Seiko Snowflake

Postby codguy » September 14th 2018, 4:34am

I'll take one of each please
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby TemerityB » September 14th 2018, 4:33pm

codguy wrote:I'll take one of each please

You're a genius. Yeah, save a couple for me, too.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » September 14th 2018, 7:20pm

If a comparison like that got posted on WUS, the local troglodytes would undoubtedly make such a thread grow to 15 pages of verbal spunk in half a day.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Return to General Watch talk