Laborious Day Savins' At Croton!

Invicta topics, Android/Aragon. Gervil, Swiss Legend & such

Laborious Day Savins' At Croton!

Postby TemerityB » September 6th 2018, 12:14pm

Just a glance at this gamy pile 'o junk should tell you all you need to know of what's left of The Merm's kingdom - at 80 percent off, this stuff is overpriced by about 80 percent.

https://www.crotonwatch.com/collections ... als?page=1
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: Laborious Day Savins' At Croton!

Postby foghorn » September 6th 2018, 12:20pm

Blech!!~~!

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » September 6th 2018, 12:58pm

They appear to have run out of the 55-inch belts.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » September 6th 2018, 1:15pm

Man, even the pens are cheesy.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » September 6th 2018, 3:43pm

And wow - I clicked a link, and found the oh, oh, official list of Croblings retailers - which includes Dim & Mongo's Leftover Pile 'O TV China Fun, and the Heartland America catalog - it's just like Dr. Leonard's but without the double-headed jelly dong dildos!

Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » September 6th 2018, 3:44pm

Nothing says horology like Fingerhut.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby fatman » September 6th 2018, 6:20pm

No Roulette watch so I am out!
HF
fatman
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » September 6th 2018, 6:24pm

fatman wrote:No Roulette watch so I am out!

It's fucking Matt! How you doing, you crazy bastard??

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby DocKlock » September 7th 2018, 5:05am

;R
DocKlock
Senior Member & WIS

Postby fatman » September 7th 2018, 1:13pm

conjurer wrote:

Good John and you?
HF
fatman
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » September 7th 2018, 8:41pm

fatman wrote:
conjurer wrote:

Good John and you?

I'm doing good, Matt. I'm doing real fucking good!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby svaglic » September 7th 2018, 9:34pm

Hey Matt. Good to see you.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » September 7th 2018, 10:14pm

fatman!

Just seeing your handle is so cool. Newbies: fatman is true WL royalty.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » September 8th 2018, 7:54am

TemerityB wrote:fatman!

Just seeing your handle is so cool. Newbies: fatman is true WL royalty.

Yup. Some years ago, fatman fell ill to heart issues, and had to go under the doctor's knife. He posted about it, and, this being WLs, more than a few members chimed in, wishing him well but also breaking his balls a little bit. A little over a day after getting his chest cracked open, fatman posted to say he was doing well, and telling us all to go fuck ourselves. This is when I first started calling him a Viking.

Later, he posed as a Geek and called into a Urine Live Invicter watch show, with Mongo hosting, and punked him with a story about having to rob bowling alleys to fund his Invicter habit. This was seen as the end-times of the hulking, alcoholic, bullying convict that was Invicter's Technical Brand Manager, and cemented fatman in Watchlords lore, a story that will be told by admiring future generations of Lords.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Rusty » September 8th 2018, 9:49am

Good story, John. Fatman, I bow down in your presence.
Rusty
Master of Time

Postby fatman » September 8th 2018, 10:42am

Good seeing you guys, the kind words aren't necessary. I'm privileged to have been kept around so long. Solid group of peeps here and I'd have any your backs.

If what's on that link is all of the Croton empire then it is sad days indeed for the Merm, that Storm a few yrs ago really fucked him up.
HF
fatman
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » September 8th 2018, 10:57pm

Indeed, fatman is correct; the Merm (aka David Mermelstein, aka the Motherfucking Merm) was, at one time, the king of TeeVee wartches. While this title has been grabbed by the Panamanian upstart and parvenu, Eyal Lalo of Invicter, back in the Earlies the Merm made Eyal look like a hundred and fifty pounds of toned shit stuffed into a hundred pound Polo shirt.

For a while, Eyal would show some sort of pretense of horological importance, using at least a few interesting movements, putting them into non-clown watches, the Merm never gave a shit. If a truck transporting some gold-plated ETA automatic movements hit a speed bump in the Bronx and dumped some of its load, the Merm was there to shovel 'em up and slap them into a Super C. Later on, Eyal tried to move his shit with promises of the Good Life to the simps, with the Pony Farm (jerkoffs in dressage gear jumping horses over fences and shit) to the Invicta Marina, telling mooks like pacerguy that wearing a 78mm Bolt would get him photographed with the Smart Set in Town & Country magazine. But never the Merm, goddamn it.

All he wanted to do was move product. No bullshit with Tim Temple or Jawbone; cheap was good, cheap was better, cheap was American, boychik. He also was absurdly out of date with his marketing; his famous shark watch--which had a picture of a shark's bloody maw printed on the dial--came out three decades after Jaws. If he could have gotten away with a picture of Ward Cleaver cornholing June on an oversized Datejust, he would have given it a shot.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » September 9th 2018, 10:06am

To illustrate one of conj's cogent points:
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby TemerityB » September 9th 2018, 4:18pm

I think we oughta saw off Florida and let South America take it away, as Bugs Bunny said. A fine, upstanding local in West Palm is selling the classic piece (or asking for), wants about about 300 smackers. And it's used. There is no low. The most made-fun-of watch in cheapjack history, and he's marking it up.

TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby DocKlock » September 10th 2018, 5:11am

"Almost Like New" --- ALMOST!!
DocKlock
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Invicta & other TV shit - No Spin Zone