Hands-On With the Seiko Digi Tuna SBEP005

Hands-On With the Seiko Digi Tuna SBEP005

Postby Racer-X » August 2nd 2018, 11:34pm

"Sitting by the ocean somewhere along the coast of Menorca, I glance down at my wrist and spy the Seiko Digi Tuna SBEP005, a watch that’s not overly typical of anything that I’d choose to wear due to its method of displaying the time. Still, due to the inclusion of a shroud, I felt the need to track this JDM-only piece down and add it to the collection. It’s an oddity, but it’s a watch that’s been making waves online for a lot of reasons. Let’s get into it, talk about what it is, what it isn’t and my overall impressions.

The Seiko Digi Tuna SBEP005 is one of three regular production versions of an all-digital Landmaster within the Prospex line of watches (an SBEP001 with silver hardware and detailing is available along with the SBEP003 with Pepsi bezel – ah, and there are 2 more limited editions being sold at specific Japanese retailers). I chose this variant because I like the gold theme for my non-mechanical Seiko “divers” and thankfully have a friend in Japan who helped with the purchase. Designed in conjunction with Japanese design firm “lowercase”, it’s meant to be a bit funky. Still, it brings the goods.:

https://www.fratellowatches.com/hands-on-seiko-digi-tuna-sbep005-landmaster-prospex/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Hands-On With the Seiko Digi Tuna SBEP005

Postby foghorn » August 3rd 2018, 3:58am

"Even though the instruction manual tells us to avoid pouring water directly onto the Seiko Digi Tuna SBEP005, it’s still good down to 200 meters"

WTF???

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Return to Seiko and Citizen