A Watch Idol Encounter: Flavor Flav

A Watch Idol Encounter: Flavor Flav

Postby koimaster » August 2nd 2018, 3:40pm

In 1986 a man had a genius idea to wear a clock around his neck. That man was Mr. William Jonathan Drayton Jr. otherwise known as the musician Flavor Flav. This remarkable idea became a signature look of his on and off-stage persona. So much so that one today cannot separate the man from the clock. In 1984 Flavor Flav was part of the new musical group Public Enemy. Who, in the latter part of the 1980s helped usher in the era of hip hop and rap into the mainstream through socially aware songs and a energetic sound which offered a suitably fascinating contrasting sound which complimented rock and roll as the music of choice for an entire generation.

Unbeknownst to himself, Flavor Flav is a frequent topic of discussion and reference point in the watch lover community. His large, neck-worn timepieces offer a fantastic comparison point when attempting to phrase, in real-world terms, the hyperbolistic size of a large wrist watch. Without this cultural icon, watch lovers everywhere would be ill-equipped to comment on their love or disdain for wristwatch sizes. It was a blessing to have met this man in person, and it has allowed me to cross off a huge neck-worn-sized check off my life’s bucket list.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/a-watch-id ... lavor-flav

/ :BU

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: A Watch Idol Encounter: Flavor Flav

Postby bobbee » August 2nd 2018, 10:07pm

He wears the clock still so folks know who the fuck he is. He wears a giant Invicta wristwatch because he doesn't know any better.
Anal Adams probably bored flav to death.
"fact of the day, 1 out of 3 trump supporters are as stupid as the other 2" ~ Twitter

"My father is a mountain, my mother is a washing machine."

"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Return to General Watch talk