Detail in the deep blue dial – Seiko’s Shippo Enamel SPB073

Detail in the deep blue dial – Seiko’s Shippo Enamel SPB073

Postby Racer-X » July 27th 2018, 8:32pm

"Often the best watches are those that come with a story attached. Sometimes that story can be attached to momentous events or achievements the watch is associated with, or the accomplishments of those who wore it. It can also be a story of how it’s made and who it’s made by. Such is the case with Seiko’s latest additions to their Presage collection — the limited edition Shippo Enamel watches. The form of these watches will be familiar to those who have come across the Presage line before, with its elongated Roman numerals and classical hands.

This version, the SPB073, also sports a power reserve and date subdial to keep things interesting but, honestly, the texture of the dial itself is so good, it doesn’t need anything superfluous. As the name suggests, the dial is made using Shippo enamel, a technique that dates back to 17th century Japan, and involves several layers of blue enamel being applied and fired, to build a rich, deep colour over the guilloché base — which really shines after a final polish. The dials are all hand done by a craftsman named Wataru Totani. The results are deeply beautiful. But more than that, they make for an excellent story, and a really human link to the watch on your wrist."

https://timeandtidewatches.com/video-detail-deep-blue-dial-seikos-shippo-enamel-spb073/

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Detail in the deep blue dial – Seiko’s Shippo Enamel SPB

Postby conjurer » July 27th 2018, 8:35pm

That's purty. It makes my John Thomas stand to attention.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » July 28th 2018, 4:08am

That's some bad watch,Harry.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » July 28th 2018, 9:54am

(Sigh)...yet another to add to my wanna buy list...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Seiko