Decima Scylla Microbrand Watch Review

Watches from Other EU countries

Decima Scylla Microbrand Watch Review

Postby koimaster » July 7th 2018, 4:31am

The Decima Scylla is a 44mm CuSn8 bronze diver watch with a Swiss Sellita SW200 automatic mechanical movement and a 500 meter water rating. Coming in three different color versions, the blue shown here, plus a chocolate and a green, the watch has a number of compelling features including a nice high domed sapphire glass where the dome curve starts with the ceramic bezel, and a sunburst dial with a lighter gradient towards the center for a combined subtle fume effect. It also comes with some nice extras including three straps and CuSn8 buckles and a travel case.

This is Decima's very first offering, launching on pre-orders in July and August 2018, and will be available in the Kickstarter Watches & Horology Microbrands group for a discounted pre-order price of $469 starting on for the first 15 backers only around July 7th at:
https://facebook.com/groups/kickstart...

From around the 6th August, the main pre-orders open at $499 for the first 50 per color and $529 for the next 50 per color on Decima's site. All pricing here includes free worldwide shipping by Decima.

Decima do need to have pre-orders for at least 80 watches in order to go to production so if further pre-orders are necessary, the watch will also go onto Kickstarter or Indiegogo at $579 before eventually moving to final retail pricing of $899 USD. We don't feel this should be an issue as the pricing is well below market for a watch with excellent specifications.

We very, very rarely run exclusive pre-order offers in this group, but when we do, they tend to sell out fast as we insist on:
1. Exceptional pricing that is much better than typical Kickstarter or pre-order pricing, and is guaranteed to be significantly cheaper than any other pre-order pricing the watch will be offered at.
2. Very high quality components, from Swiss mechanical movements to sapphire glass. No catalog watches here.
3. A unique design. Something that offers a not-too-common combination of features, ideally in a small run or limited edition.
I personally think we hit the jackpot here with the Decima Scylla, a 44mm diver from Albania. We have only 15 slots available to us at members-only pricing of $469 USD.
To learn more about this watch, please check our detailed video review I've linked to here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w6HXSQdQcc
It will be available in three colors:
1. A blue sunburst.
2. A chocolate sunburst.
3. A green sunburst.
Jurgen Duli is the creator behind the Decima Scylla and will be glad to answer any questions here. (Pst.. Ask him to autograph the watch paperwork when he sends the watch to make it more collectible!) I also have the pre-production sample in my hands and can possibly help with answers too.

<<< SPECIFICATIONS >>>
* A Swiss Sellita SW200 automatic mechanical movement.
* An 8 sided CuSn8 marine grade bronze case -
- 44mm diameter excluding the 8mm crown.
- 50mm lug-to-lug.
- < 14mm case height excluding glass dome.
- < 16mm case height including glass dome.
* High dome sapphire glass that is accented by an angled bezel which makes up part of the dome shape.
* A 12 sided bronze bezel with a ceramic insert with all marking fully lumed. (Swiss Super-LumiNova.)
* A gorgeous sunburst dial with also a rich gradient effect so it's lighter towards the center.
* Strongly lumed applied indices and diamond cut hands, all with Swiss Super-Luminova, with nice bronze edging.
* Matching bronze edging around the date window and matching bronze inside the chapter ring.
* A high relief engraving on the back.
* 500 meter / 1,640 feet water rating.
* A helium escape valve.
* 3x 22mm straps, all with 3x 22mm signed CuSn8 bronze buckles -
- A thick canvas strap with leather backing.
- A natural rubber strap.
- A soft vintage style naturally tanned leather strap.
* A spring bar tool.
* A vintage leather travel case.
* Free worldwide shipping.

<<< OFFER DETAILS >>>
* 15 slots available only, and we'll maintain a waiting list too. First come first served. I'll keep the list here:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/kickstar ... 064068015/
* Post in this thread here if you want to sign up for a Decima Scylla and have a PayPal account ready.
* I'll add you to the main list or the waiting list. If you are on the main list, I'll send you a private message with a link so you can pick a color and complete payment and delivery information.
* You'll have one week to complete payment via PayPal, failing which you will lose your reserved spot and be removed from the list.
* This offer will only be available through the end of July.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Decima Scylla Microbrand Watch Review

Postby conjurer » July 7th 2018, 7:48am

I'm between Scylla and Charybdis over here: should I hammer a Cabriole table leg up my fucking ass, or just cut my balls off with a dull bread knife?
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Kahuna74 » July 7th 2018, 7:53am

What a fucking joke,,,
Kahuna74
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » July 7th 2018, 8:50am

Reported to the Facebooks as a scam.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain