The Longines Legend Diver that seems to have won everyone ov

The Longines Legend Diver that seems to have won everyone ov

Postby koimaster » July 5th 2018, 2:45pm

Oh what a difference a strap makes. Last year, when Longines chose to pair their mighty Legend Diver — a watch the Vice President calls the most successful heritage model ever — with a Milanese loop bracelet, they succeeded in creating a third wave of interest in the model that made its way to the door of Time+Tide in Melbourne. The first wave was at its launch in 2007, auspiciously without date. The second wave was the date version that inevitably followed, and the third was the 2017 release with Milanese bracelet. With its heavy, supple bracelet in polished steel making the polished case shine even brighter, we looked at the watch with completely fresh eyes. Now, like eager surfers, we await even more sets of surprising and surging waves from the winged hourglass brand, which has chosen this versatile all-rounder as the shape of many new things to come.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/video-lo ... -everyone/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: The Longines Legend Diver that seems to have won everyon

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » July 5th 2018, 6:11pm

The Longines LD is one big bastard - something like 52mm lug to lug, if not more. The last thing it bloody needs is a shiny bracelet to make it look Breitlingesque (in a rather negative sense). Dunno who's so enamoured with that combination - I'm definitely not.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby Pubbie » July 6th 2018, 2:35am

This and the Breitling Heritage thing were both launched in 2007 and although the Internet seems to be priapic at the thought of either, I've never seen one in real life. Mind you I can't remember the last time I saw a Speedmaster either!
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » July 6th 2018, 4:53pm

One of my cousins who plays in the fathers and sons poker game has one on the bracelet, which is really nicely done. Solid, well polished, with a micro adjustment and a secure folding clasp with a safety in case the clasp isn't as secure as it looks. The combination fits nicely under a cuff but this watch- on a strap or bracelet- is none too dressy at all.

The luscious loop bracelet- much nicer looking than BOR or regalar mesh- slinks around your wrist so comfortably you hardly notice the combination weighs about 5.37 lbs. It is a big watch to be sure and will add mucho masculinity points to the persona of any man who won't look while wearing it as if he had a manhole cover chained to his wrist.

I can't wait the guy to die so I can get it out from under his degenerate gambler, cocaine addled son from his mom, my Cousin misery, who, my fucking hand to God, is the meanest bitch who ever walked the face of the earth..
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » July 6th 2018, 5:30pm

3Flushes wrote:One of my cousins who plays in the fathers and sons poker game has one on the bracelet, which is really nicely done. Solid, well polished, with a micro adjustment and a secure folding clasp with a safety in case the clasp isn't as secure as it looks. The combination fits nicely under a cuff but this watch- on a strap or bracelet- is none too dressy at all.

The luscious loop bracelet- much nicer looking than BOR or regalar mesh- slinks around your wrist so comfortably you hardly notice the combination weighs about 5.37 lbs. It is a big watch to be sure and will add mucho masculinity points to the persona of any man who won't look while wearing it as if he had a manhole cover chained to his wrist.

I can't wait the guy to die so I can get it out from under his degenerate gambler, cocaine addled son from his mom, my Cousin misery, who, my fucking hand to God, is the meanest bitch who ever walked the face of the earth..

Now, don't mince words..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » July 6th 2018, 5:55pm

Thunder1 wrote:
3Flushes wrote:One of my cousins who plays in the fathers and sons poker game has one on the bracelet, which is really nicely done. Solid, well polished, with a micro adjustment and a secure folding clasp with a safety in case the clasp isn't as secure as it looks. The combination fits nicely under a cuff but this watch- on a strap or bracelet- is none too dressy at all.

Now, don't mince words..

It really is a nice watch, huh? :mrgreen:
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to The Longines Forum