Is Soprod gone?

All things Swiss

Is Soprod gone?

Postby koimaster » May 16th 2018, 8:32pm

Movement maker who bet big on smart watches still has a website but no response to emails for at least a month.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Is Soprod gone?

Postby TemerityB » May 17th 2018, 8:22am

Wow ..that is a good question. I haven't heard anyone mention Soprod since Wiley Lowe had to go back to thumping bibles.
"I think I'll write a letter to Walt Disney tonight." - Ed Norton, banging on his non-working watch.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » May 17th 2018, 6:38pm

TemerityB wrote:Wow ..that is a good question. I haven't heard anyone mention Soprod since Wiley Lowe had to go back to thumping bibles.

Is Mr. Lowe back to preaching the Good Book? I can well imagine him handling snakes, particularly with that haircut.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » May 17th 2018, 8:57pm

conjurer wrote:
TemerityB wrote:Wow ..that is a good question. I haven't heard anyone mention Soprod since Wiley Lowe had to go back to thumping bibles.

Is Mr. Lowe back to preaching the Good Book? I can well imagine him handling snakes, particularly with that haircut.

I believe he has never stopped performing weddings and performing "inspirational speeches."
"I think I'll write a letter to Walt Disney tonight." - Ed Norton, banging on his non-working watch.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby James Elsener » May 23rd 2018, 1:07am

Well, Soprod is alive and kicking!

Soprod is part of Festina Group from Spain one of the larger groups in the watch making industry.

Soprod not only makes very reliable and sturdy mechanical movements but they are very active in the smart phone technology. They set out in this field in 2012 already and have filed and been granted an impressive number of patents in the arena of smart watch technology.

Soprod is not a manufacturer of watches but they manufacture mechanical movements and quartz movements. As such they are not focused on consumers but on manufacturers of watches and industrial electronic devices. That they do not reply to every e-mail message finding its way to their general inbox goes with being focused on business-to-business operations.

These days we in the watch industry all get flooded by e-mail messages. Our company gets between 150 – 200 messages per day into the company's general inbox. It has become simply impossible to reply to every single message. We scan these messages and reply to those which are in line with our company's focus only.

What we reply always to are letters sent to the company through the post. People taking the time to put their question or suggestion on paper and post it warrant an answer much more than the many one-liners or two-liners e-mails one gets. It proves they are genuinely interested and worth a company's while. This might seem rude and it isn't. It's just that our days have 24 hours only.

James from Switzerland
James Elsener
Senior Member & WIS

Postby JAS1125 » May 23rd 2018, 2:51am

Very nice to see you here James!
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » May 23rd 2018, 4:51am

"What we reply always to are letters sent to the company through the post. People taking the time to put their question or suggestion on paper and post it warrant an answer much more than the many one-liners or two-liners e-mails one gets. It proves they are genuinely interested and worth a company's while. This might seem rude and it isn't. It's just that our days have 24 hours only."

In this day and age good luck with that!! Cursive writing is dying (in the US) and I don't think anyone under 40 has ever written a letter.

Thanks for the informed reply and welcome to the dark side.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Postby biglove » May 23rd 2018, 5:09am

Thank you for updating us. Good to know Soprod is alive and diversifying.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Bahoomba » May 23rd 2018, 6:50am

Welcome, James! I remember your many contributions at BDWF. Thanks for the update, and hope you log on here often.
"America’s leading industry, America’s most profitable business, is still the manufacture, packaging, distribution and marketing of bullshit. High-quality, grade-A, prime-cut, pure, American bullshit." - George Carlin
Bahoomba
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » May 23rd 2018, 7:20am

Good to see you here, James!

For those not in the know, James Elsener is an industry insider, as well as one of the few gentlemen in this thing of ours. He is a longtime member at BDWF, a source of information into the Swiss watch biz, maker of fine watches, and also a fellow I'm proud to call a friend.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Swiss Watches