Hi from scenic China 2018 - Apr 27th catch-up

Chinese watch Museum and travels to China

Hi from scenic China 2018 - Apr 27th catch-up

Postby AlbertaTime » April 26th 2018, 4:23am

Just a note to keep y'all posted.

I'm posting some touristy type stuff on Facebook but keeping the detailed posts and photo essays till I get back from China, when I'll put everything up HQ and with lots of videos and not-seen-before photos, and when I'll have time to write in the detail the visit deserves.

Mostly what keeps me from doing that now is 1) bandwidth to my own hosts at amchpr.com and rongood.net, and 2) my almost grueling schedule. Sure I have time for walking around but not enough to do both walking around shooting photos, and good writing, since I'm changing cities every 3 to 4 days or faster, and covering a lot of horological ground that no-one has seen, yet. If I shoot and walk, I see more and have more material to share, so that's my choice.

I forget who here requested that I shoot more video, but I took that suggestion to heart because I'm grateful for the insight (thank you! to the suggester) and I have *lots* more video, both horological and otherwise, than ever before. But that *really* takes bandwidth...

What I really want you to know is that Watchlords is important to me, that I think about you 'Lords all the time, and I am looking forward to coming back home mostly so I can share what I'm seeing and doing with you.

All the best, folks!!
Last edited by AlbertaTime on July 8th 2018, 10:51am, edited 1 time in total.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Re: Hi from scenic China 2018 - May 27th catch-up

Postby Rusty » April 26th 2018, 10:23am

Looking forward to seeing your work, Ron.
Rusty
Master of Time

Postby koimaster » April 26th 2018, 10:32am

Glad you are having a good time and are in good heath. Don't forget to ask for free samples from the watch companies. A complimentary maison Celedon might be in order for the forum admin engraved with Watchlords Rock! :mrgreen:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby AlbertaTime » April 26th 2018, 6:24pm

koimaster wrote:Glad you are having a good time and are in good heath. Don't forget to ask for free samples from the watch companies. A complimentary maison Celedon might be in order for the forum admin engraved with Watchlords Rock! :mrgreen:

:-)

I'm hoping to get mine back. It went missing when my luggage got disassembled at Zhengzhou Airport Security. It actually might turn up--I have good reason from past instances to know that Chinese airport security is scrupulously honest, even if really confusing and somewhat rushed--but while they were checking my stuff, things got spread out on to a number of trays...I guess I travel with too many cords, connectors and power sources :-)

Mind you, so far it's the only loss of the trip and given that's one international flight so far, 3 internal plane flights and three internal train trips, I consider myself lucky. Plus, in the midst of all my good fortune, who am I to complain.

If I get mine back, I'll see what I can do to beg for ya--but there's a waiting list ;-)

Thanks for the good wishes! :-)

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Postby artman » April 26th 2018, 6:25pm

Can't wait to see the photos! Have a safe trip.
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby smellody » April 26th 2018, 6:40pm

Great stuff! Looks like it is a fantastic trip!!!
smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby conjurer » April 26th 2018, 7:04pm

To the newbs here, AlbertaTime is a gentleman scholar of the Old School; here in the West, there's nobody who knows more about Chinese horology than him. His travels to the Far Orient are stuff of legend; he has contacts and sources in China that nobody else even knows about, and his knowledge of the subject is without peer.

Have a great trip, sir, and we look forward to your fine impressions!
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby AlbertaTime » April 26th 2018, 7:32pm

That's kind of you, Conjurer! I look forward to the sharing.

AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » April 26th 2018, 11:57pm

Enlightening and safe travels, Ron.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mark1 » April 27th 2018, 12:47am

Looking forward to reading your upcoming posts. Safe travels AT.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby koimaster » July 27th 2018, 2:51pm

AlbertaTime wrote:
koimaster wrote:Glad you are having a good time and are in good heath. Don't forget to ask for free samples from the watch companies. A complimentary maison Celedon might be in order for the forum admin engraved with Watchlords Rock! :mrgreen:

:-)

I'm hoping to get mine back. It went missing when my luggage got disassembled at Zhengzhou Airport Security. It actually might turn up--I have good reason from past instances to know that Chinese airport security is scrupulously honest, even if really confusing and somewhat rushed--but while they were checking my stuff, things got spread out on to a number of trays...I guess I travel with too many cords, connectors and power sources :-)

Mind you, so far it's the only loss of the trip and given that's one international flight so far, 3 internal plane flights and three internal train trips, I consider myself lucky. Plus, in the midst of all my good fortune, who am I to complain.

If I get mine back, I'll see what I can do to beg for ya--but there's a waiting list ;-)

Thanks for the good wishes! :-)

Hope you were able to be re-united with your watch Ron. I am still waiting for my "complimentary" one. :D

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby AlbertaTime » July 27th 2018, 5:20pm

koimaster wrote:Hope you were able to be re-united with your watch Ron. I am still waiting for my "complimentary" one. :D

Nope. So far as anyone can tell, it must have been lost or taken elsewhere :-(

Ah well, it takes more than that to spoil my day. I'm hoping to get my first Shanghai post done this weekend :-)

AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Return to AlbertaTime Museum and Travels