LONGINES : Master Collection

LONGINES : Master Collection

Postby koimaster » April 16th 2018, 4:27pm

untitled.png

In 2005 Longines launched Master Collection, which was to be characterised by classic designs, and the use of mechanical movements. This year, at Baselworld 2018, they added a new annual calendar to the Masters. Not just this, but they also did so at a very competitive price.

With a dial aesthetic that is typical of the Masters Collection, the annual calendar function, displayed at 3 o’clock, automatically registers different month lengths, so provided you keep it running, you won’t have to make any adjustments to it. This new function is powered by the automatic Longines Calibre L897.2 (base ETA A31.L81), which beats at 25,200VPH and has a power reserve of 64 hours. The movement will be visible through the sapphire case back.

https://horologium.com.au/2018/04/10/lo ... -calendar/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: LONGINES : Master Collection

Postby biglove » April 16th 2018, 8:41pm

Damn!

I still lust for the VHP blue dial. Maybe one day.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » April 16th 2018, 9:27pm

biglove wrote:Damn!

Just wait it out. As nice as many Longines models are, it never ceases to amaze me how just about everything they make tends to wind up discounted, either gray or at ADs. My one HydroConquest I got at Kenjo for a steal, and it was long before the boarded the place up, too.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby biglove » April 17th 2018, 4:55am

TemerityB wrote:
biglove wrote:Damn!

Just wait it out. As nice as many Longines models are, it never ceases to amaze me how just about everything they make tends to wind up discounted, either gray or at ADs. My one HydroConquest I got at Kenjo for a steal, and it was long before the boarded the place up, too.

Have been watching prices on Joma. Has come down a couple hundred bucks already from initial release. They seem to have shown up grey fairly quickly.

Sad to say that outside of WIS few know about the brand. A serious marketing failure on Longines part. At one time they were the official Olympic timekeeper, if I remember correctly.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby SynMike » April 17th 2018, 9:20am

I like the look of the blue one. But the "Annual Calendar" on the dial would keep me from buying it. What does the annual calendar function do for you? Does it mean it tracks the current month so you don't have to manually advance the date on months with fewer than 31 days? If that is the case, then it probably works okay if this is your daily wear and only watch. But for anyone with many watches, its just an annoyance.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
SynMike
Founding Member - WIS

Postby conjurer » April 17th 2018, 10:29am

SynMike wrote:I like the look of the blue one. But the "Annual Calendar" on the dial would keep me from buying it. What does the annual calendar function do for you? Does it mean it tracks the current month so you don't have to manually advance the date on months with fewer than 31 days? If that is the case, then it probably works okay if this is your daily wear and only watch. But for anyone with many watches, its just an annoyance.

An annual calendar is actually a pretty advanced complication, which continually displays the correct date of the month (including short months), assuming, of course, it stays wound. The only time you'd have to advance the date is at the end of February in a leap year. Perpetual calendars do this automatically. The fact that Longines is offering this for around $2500 is somewhat amazing.
I received unexpected shit news today. Yes it hit me hard, but the new me will embrace it, hugging the fuck out of the negativity until it becomes a positive!

--Bazinga!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » April 17th 2018, 11:09am

But if the "annual calendar" does somehow wind down it might be a good idea to have a cabriole table leg handy when you have to re set it. I hear they can cause severe agida in the resetting process. And where's the damn day?? I need that more than a month. I usually have a good idea what month it is. Days can be a little shaky though.

And one more thing

FTF'nW

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby tiktok » April 17th 2018, 3:08pm

I think I'll go buy a Longine right now. Killer quality and bad public prescription.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby TemerityB » April 17th 2018, 8:26pm

tiktok wrote:I think I'll go buy a Longine right now. Killer quality and bad public prescription.

I still want a Legend Diver. A lot.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to The Longines Forum