The post that got me banned at watchgeeks

Stickys, Announcements and TOS are here

The post that got me banned at watchgeeks

Postby koimaster » July 23rd 2010, 12:27am

[color=darkblue]For giggles since a lot of newer members here and elsewhere were banned at geeks recently, I thought I would post what got me banned there. The point of this post by the way is not for my sake, but to show others that questioning the lies and bullshit spewed by a certain group of folks involved at geeks is nothing new. Neither is getting banned there for doing so. The TOS changes a bit too often there for my tastes and there always seems to be some excuse to ban someone. The "high maintenace" article of the TOS means what by the way?

Potger Pietri by Invicta - Swiss Made?

I have read in recent posts elsewhere that Swiss Made Invicta watches were probably made in the Potger Pietri factory or S. Coifman factory. curiosity got the better of me I am afraid so I wrote to someone I know who is a member of the Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry FH and better yet, a member of their legal department.....

His response..........[/color]

Dear Alain,

As you may know, Swiss law (Swiss federal Ordinance governing the use of the name "Swiss" or "Switzerland" for watches; please see enclosure) gives the criteria which must be met for a watch to be considered as Swiss and to be allowed to bear Swiss indications.

According to Article 3 of this Ordinance, "the name "Switzerland", indications such as "Swiss", "Swiss product", "manufactured in Switzerland", "Swiss quality" or other appellations which contain the name "Swiss" or "Switzerland" or which may be confused therewith may be used solely for Swiss watches or Swiss watch movements".

Article 1a of the Ordinance states that a watch may be considered as Swiss if, and only if it fulfills the following minimum criteria:

1. Its movement is Swiss; 2. its movement is cased up in Switzerland, and 3. the manufacturer carries out the final inspection in Switzerland.

Furthermore, Article 2 of the Ordinance defines the Swiss watch movement as the movement which: 1. has been assembled in Switzerland, and; 2. has been inspected by the manufacturer in Switzerland, and; 3. the components of Swiss manufacture make up for at least 50 percent of the value, without considering the cost for assembly.

According to article 3 of this law, in case the watch only contains a Swiss movement but does not comply with the other requirements, the dial may only bear the indication "Swiss movement". The word "movement" must appear written out in full in the same type-face, dimension and colour as the appellation "Swiss". (think Renato)

In other words, a watch bearing the terms "Swiss made" on its dial should not only contain a Swiss movement, but this movement should be cased up in Switzerland and the Swiss manufacturer should have performed the final inspection of the watch.

Swiss law territorial scope of application is of course limited to Switzerland in principle, but thanks to some bilateral treaties, this law is also applicable in some European countries. Furthermore, the Federation is very keen to protect Swiss denominations when associated with watches, especially in the USA, where we have registered certifications marks for the words "Swiss" and "Swiss made".

According to Invicta's website, the brand Potger Pietri belongs to their group. The trademark "Potger Pietri" has been registered in the USA by Lalo, Eyal, CEO of Invicta (registration n
Last edited by Anonymous on January 10th 2012, 8:56am, edited 2 times in total.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: The post that got me banned at watchgeeks

Postby koimaster » July 23rd 2010, 12:38am

Is there a website for Potger-Pietri General Invicta Watch Discussions.

watchgeeks.net/showthread.php?t=64444

The story of potger-pietri.com

potger-pietri.com has 0 A-records, which points to . potger-pietri.com's DNS is handled by 0 nameservers and its mail by 0 mailservers.

HMMMMMM! I would say no at this point.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Guest » July 23rd 2010, 5:50am

very interesting that you got banned for that! I had posted enumerable threads on the infectya forum to "READ THE SWISS LAWS"......or, where is the factory????? on and on.......finally got sick of the zombie train.........and call the "triad" all a bunch of liars..........that did it.........lmao

Postby eddiea » July 23rd 2010, 6:09am

Figures... a site with a hidden agenda, can't win there
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Guest » July 23rd 2010, 6:16am

Thanks for disclosing the post Alain that got you baned. I feel that they did you a favor and In return you have done us a favor by creating Watchlords. I have never liked that forum because I never looked at It as a true watch community. I remember hearing about that place from the great man himself. We all know how he shamlessly promoted that farce. I also remember after being there for ten min and thinking to myself"this Is nothing but a promotional forum for Infecta/slop". It's been about a year since I became a member there and It has now become nothing but a joke,pitiful place with pitiful people :puggy2:

Postby Guest » July 23rd 2010, 7:21am

As I have seen over and over again.......

At WatchGeeks, the truth shall set you free.

But not free to return.

Postby mets0307 » July 23rd 2010, 7:53am

Thank you for posting that ...very eye opening for me ...
mets0307
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bodypeersur » July 23rd 2010, 8:17am

WG is a social forum and shameless promoter of Invicta watches. Very little to do with any watches not sold at the Shop. Go look at their Swiss Watch forums and Asian Watch Forums....if they even have these anymore. You'll see a few responses to someone posting about a Rolex or Omega but 10,000 replies about the INCREDIBLE 65mm wall clock in 6 color variations the new GEEKS are wearing. Or the 200 "Call Rebecca. She'll take care of you" posts. Hell, I don't even know what you can and can't read there anymore. I think you have to sign in to read most posts now don't you? I last signed in in Jan of this year to retrieve a PM from a guy that just got back from Iraq. I get my comical fodder here from the covert operations running here to destroy the good name of Jaws, MD 20/20 and King Lalo! LMAO!!!
bodypeersur
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mark » July 23rd 2010, 9:27am

WATCHGEEK OWNERS!
FUCK YOU ALL YOU FUCK HEADED SHITS!
Mark

Postby Guest » July 23rd 2010, 9:43am

mark wrote:WATCHGEEK OWNERS!

Somehow I feel your holding something back. Open up and tell us what you "really" think of them........... Image

Postby Guest » July 23rd 2010, 10:07am

mark wrote:WATCHGEEK OWNERS!
Now look what you have went and done, giving "Fuck headed shits" a bad name. These people use to have dignity, but now you had to go and put them with the kids, shame Image

Postby Mark » July 23rd 2010, 10:15am

where do I start?

Skelton stealing members away from BDWF using our PM system (oh yeah fuck twit, no all went to drink the koolaid... do you think things can be kept secret)

Michael Davis calling me a scumbag when I was doing things from the goodness of my heart? Fuck you Davis

Being brought up as a possible hacker when Davis screwed up the permissions of his forum which allowed ANYONE to view the hidden (which were no longer hidden) forums?

Having BDWF members banned from watchgeeks just because they were BDWF members? Then listening to whiny little moderators at geeks complain they got banned from BDWF when BDWF pulled an "Oh yeah, touch
Mark

Postby Bigjimzlll » July 23rd 2010, 10:48am

Those are all good reasons...but to be honest...You really don't need to have a reason to hate those rotten cock suckers.

I just fucking hate them. They deserve to visit Bubba in cell block "C" for about 6 years. Then they will get the same treatment they've been giving.
Bigjimzlll
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » July 23rd 2010, 12:22pm

koi, thanks for that post. And gang...I get a better feeling just being a member here than I ever did at WG. Honestly...it's almost as if those people over there are just trying to scam the dimmest of the dim. That's big business; the Vince McMahons, Benny Hinns, Rupert Murdochs, and Kevin Truedeaus have been doing it for years. Simply put: SOME FOOLS BELIEVE WHATEVER IS TOLD TO THEM ON TELEVISION - AND WON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING WHEN IT'S NOT PRESENTED BY TV.

I like it here. I don't feel like I'm surrounded by people who flunked special class.
I would rather be seen wearing an Invicta than a Hublot - at least I can explain away the Invicta.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » July 23rd 2010, 1:13pm

Nice thing about this place is sucking up is not needed.

bad thing about this place....sucking gets you reamed by the members who as far as I am concerned are the owners.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby WatchDorks.Net » July 23rd 2010, 2:51pm

I'd post what has gotten my 4 (5? Hell, I lost count) accounts permabanned there, but they've deleted the offending posts whilst sweeping shit under the rug. Oh well...

It doesn't take much to get banned there; any utterance even remotely resembling truth is sufficient.
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Guest » July 24th 2010, 5:05am

@Bodypeesur I think the entire forum(shit hole) Is locked down now. About two months ago I tryed to veiw some threads without loging on,no can do,at least not for me.Im also not one bit surprised,again not a watch community, but It Is :BS:

Postby bodypeersur » July 24th 2010, 5:13am

They have a steady supply of fresh wabbits in rotation. From what I see of the posts being shown here from the DEMON FORUM...yes I coined that phrase and was mentioned in MD 20/20's Banning Members thread...most of the people posting have not been members since the forum started. I guess too many old timers put down the Kool-Aid. You're absolutely right Bro I believe you do have to sign in to read the crap bein spewed. I'll pass and let you SPIES look for the info. I'm a fuckin delicate damn flower and can't handle the :BS:
bodypeersur
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Guest » July 24th 2010, 5:18am

bodypeersur wrote:They have a steady supply of fresh wabbits in rotation. From what I see of the posts being shown here from the DEMON FORUM...yes I coined that phrase and was mentioned in MD 20/20's Banning Members thread...most of the people posting have not been members since the forum started. I guess too many old timers put down the Kool-Aid. You're absolutely right Bro I believe you do have to sign in to read the crap bein spewed. I'll pass and let you SPIES look for the info. I'm a fuckin delicate damn flower and can't handle the :BS:
"Delicate flower" Image

Postby koimaster » November 21st 2010, 6:01pm

:hater:

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Horse Feathers » November 21st 2010, 6:10pm

Thanks Koi fo sharing this again

In your opinion why hasn't the FH taken legal action against Invicta ?

HT

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » November 21st 2010, 7:03pm

Horse Feathers wrote:Thanks Koi fo sharing this again

In your opinion why hasn't the FH taken legal action against Invicta ?

HT

From my emails with a member of the legal office for them, they are investigating Invicta Watch group. They have been very closed mouth about it but have asked me for photos and any comments made by Invicta or others such as eyal. I have provided what they have asked for.

I bumped this up to show that a certain watch forum and a certain brand have been not quite forthcoming in the truth.
Last edited by Anonymous on November 21st 2010, 8:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Horse Feathers » November 21st 2010, 7:10pm

Sounds promising Image

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » January 1st 2011, 10:23pm

<<\

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Guest » January 2nd 2011, 10:47am

Thanks for sharing your post. I can share mine, I asked the question in a post what the DD fiasco was. I was on vacation for two weeks and rather than read hundreds of posts and most of the important stuff was gone, I thought it easier to just ask a member to explain. Gone...and who cares. That place is not worth the breath it takes to say their dirty unethical name.

Next

Return to Announcements