Another loyal geek starting a shit storm ...

Another loyal geek starting a shit storm ...

Postby robert516 » June 20th 2010, 11:44am

From the soon to be banned Magster:

For those that can't tolerate any more threads re: Invicta's "Issues", please move on to another thread...

I've waited to decide if I wanted to create this thread, and this morning, I decided it was time to "get it out there"...

Those of you that know me, KNOW I love Invicta and own hundreds of them. I always try to be fair, but honest with my reviews. If I feel there's a problem or an issue that needs to be brought to Invicta's attention, I will do it... respectufully!

A couple of weeks ago, I had my whole family in town and was not able to log in here. During that time, a Swiss vs. Swiss Made thread received a LOT of attention. Unlike other threads about this issue, it did not die. It took me several hours to read the entire "closed" thread when I was able to log back in here.

After I was done reading it, I felt cheated and ticked off. So, I took some time to decide how to deal with the new info that I had learned...

Swiss at the 6 position, on Invicta watches, does NOT mean Swiss Made.

Eyal said it himself, so there it was.........

All this time, Michael, Jim, Jill, and Eyal had told us that Swiss at the 6 position meant Swiss Made, for their Invicta watches.

It was not my interpretation of what they said, it was exactly what they said, word for word...

It wasn't said once or twice, it was said repeatedly. Even some geeks that questioned it here were teased or laughed at for even bringing it up AGAIN!!

Turns out, those geeks were right all along to question it.

I blindly followed the lead of Jim and the Invicta folks, and told new folks that they were buying a Swiss Made watch. I am sorry for that now and I'd like to hope that Michael, Jim, and Jill were also only passing on information that they were given...

I've thought about it for a while and can't find an honest excuse for Eyal though. I really want to find one, but all his "Swiss Made" claims during the shows, stick with me. He knew they were not Swiss Made watches, but sold them to us as if they were.

Eyal has been a bright spot in my watch addiction. He caused me to stop buzzing through the channels when I saw him wearing his all yellow RD Quinotaur on a show one day. He makes deals happen when he is in town for the shows and I really have grown to like the guy.

But, now I don't know what to do with Invicta.

I purchased a few watches thinking that they were a great price for a Swiss Made watch. So, I was cheated. Period.

Frankly, I don't really care as much as most if a watch is Swiss Made or not. But, I do care, probably more than most, if I'm lied to or purposely mislead.

Shame on me for falling hook, line and sinker into trusting. I do know better, but watch collecting is my "escape" from being a doubting, trust no one cop. I had hoped that having a more personal relationship with the people involved with Invicta would give me enough reason to trust them at their word...

With other, much more important things going on in my life, I decided to put this whole thing on the back burner.

I had a surgery done this week, so I was not able to be logged in here much. So, that created more "distance" from the issue I was still dealing with re: Invicta.

Then, this morning, I see the Invicta Clearance shows on SNBC.

It was all drug right back out again with the RD/Scuba hybrid watch.

It says "SWISS" on the dial.

Michael did NOT say it was Swiss Made (giving me more faith that he really didn't know about the issue all this time).

But, the SNBC info, that apprears at the left side of the screen, has "Swiss Made" as the first thing listed!

It brought all the disgust back and I felt it was time to get this out...

I have not seen anything addressing Eyal's untruthfulness during all those SNBC shows. I've heard that some video clips of them started to dissappear.

He has got to know that his LOYAL customers have had their trust in him severly damaged, but I have not seen him address it at all.

Frankly, that just makes it worse...

Shame on me for still buying Invicta watches. But, I am re-evaluating that as I type this...

An honest apology, from Eyal, would go a long way toward repairing his lack of honesty. I'm trying not to say "lies", but when it comes right down to it, that is what they were...

In my book, Invicta has brought me enough joy and happiness, with amazing watches/prices, that I am willing to give them a fresh start again.

But, a fresh start requires that the issue be addressed and we are assured that it will never happen again. I'm not saying it is as bad as domestic violence, but the abuser will at least say he is sorry before the victim comes running back to give him another chance... Perhaps a poor analogy, but in many ways, a perfect one too...

Oh, and for those of you saying "this is just a forum, why complain here?"... well this forum is where the truth was uncovered and where Eyal admitted that Swiss does not mean Swiss Made for his watches. So, this forum, I believe, is the best place for him to reach the thousands of us that were affected by his entry posted here...

If you choose to respond to this, please keep it civil. Like me or not, like the issue or not, the rules of the forum still apply...

Thanks for letting me get this out...
robert516
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Another loyal geek starting a shit storm ...

Postby Mark1 » June 20th 2010, 11:53am

Wow- if Magster can turn on them, they are in trouble. She's been around WG from the beginning and has always been very positive in her posts about Invicta.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby robert516 » June 20th 2010, 11:58am

Magster is definitely one of the head cheerleaders.
I doubt they'd ban her or remove her thread, she's real popular over there.
robert516
Senior Member & WIS

Postby robert516 » June 20th 2010, 12:00pm

Responses indicate Magster support by geek nation:

Today, 09:20 PM

powerballn503
Super Geek

Well your comments justify everything i feel personlly !
I just dont know how too put it in words like yourself ...
Thanks !
I personally can take a break from Invicta and still respect them , cause i never would have been involved with watch collecting if it wasnt for my first RD ...
yeah and it was SWISS!

Today, 09:26 PM

My Watch
Veteran Geek

Right on I,am with you 100%

Today, 09:30 PM

WatchGeek4Life
Senior Geek

I totally agree with you magster....I have literally cut out all Invicta watches, but the Reserve pieces that say "Swiss Made". I was pretty upset to about the whole thing too. If you never saw it....Eyal posted a response to the other thread, but I'm not sure if many people liked the response. ME...I didn't think it was good enough, I feel INVICTA has lied about the whole thing, and that they were trying to pawn off watches as "swiss made" and they got caught. Just my Opinion.

NewInvictaGuy
Member Geek

Two things to say about the Swiss/Swiss Made/Chinese "un-truths"

"Buyer Beware" and "If it sounds to good to be true it probably is"

Now with the "un-truths" being revealed and the lack of comment from Invicta on the Dubuis Depraz movements it appears that this is SOP for Invicta.

andyboy
Senior Geek

Magster I feel ya!!!!!!!!

Postby BigCheez » June 20th 2010, 12:07pm

The Swiss = Swiss Made = Chinese thing was a turning point for a lot of geeks. Even Flyback, who was a mod and always towed the "company line" came out from under the ether after that.

I honestly never expected this from Magster, but as a police officer, I guess there is a line that once crossed, cannot be excused.

Good luck on getting that apology, Magster!
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Postby WatchDorks.Net » June 20th 2010, 12:23pm

Good on Maggie for speaking her mind publicly. This has GOT to be some sort of wake up call to the powers that be over there, when the loyal tried and true believers are coming out unhappy...
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS

Postby robert516 » June 20th 2010, 12:28pm

More responses:

Today, 09:34 PM

reddog1
Veteran Geek

You ARE justified BUT...what did you pay for....In my book, Invicta has brought me enough joy and happiness, with amazing watches/prices, that I am willing to give them a fresh start again....and now you know what you feel is the truth....do you actually believe so many people know so much about watch movements and the working of them they didn't know...and perhaps you don't understand ...don't underestimate China...if they called their loan on US we'll be BANKRUPT ..still not to say you're wrong because you're not... but look at the way it really is how much is happiness costing you...I am not standing up fr anyone...just a realist

Today, 09:36 PM

Magster
True WatchGeek

[quote=WatchGeek4Life;1701503]I was pretty upset to about the whole thing too. If you never saw it....Eyal posted a response to the other thread, but I'm not sure if many people liked the response. ME...I didn't think it was good enough, quote]

No, I have not seen any response from him.

The only thing I saw was his admission in that initial thread.

If he has already apologized, then I am sorry for asking for one again. I usually spend hours a day here, but with the surgery, have not been able lately. I must have missed it. I searched the Invicta Gen.Topics and did not see it...

Do you remember what it was called?

Today, 09:37 PM

deadeye
Senior Geek

Right on the money Magster. I hope your feeling better.

Today, 09:38 PM

Magster
True WatchGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog1
You ARE justified BUT...what did you pay for....In my book, Invicta has brought me enough joy and happiness, with amazing watches/prices, that I am willing to give them a fresh start again....and now you know what you feel is the truth....do you actually believe so many people know so much about watch movements and the working of them they didn't know...and perhaps you don't understand ...don't underestimate China...if they called their loan on US we'll be BANKRUPT ..still not to say you're wrong because you're not... but look at the way it really is how much is happiness costing you...I am not standing up fr anyone...just a realist

Thanks for your reply...

I welcome any way of looking at it, as long as it is positive...

Again, I don't care about WHERE it was made. I care that I was told one place and it was NOT that place... Honesty is important here... to me...

Today, 09:42 PM
NewInvictaGuy
Member Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magster
... Honesty is important here... to me...
EXACTLY

Today, 09:43 PM

tkromer
True WatchGeek

Quote:
Again, I don't care about WHERE it was made. I care that I was told one place and it was NOT that place... Honesty is important here... to me...

That sums it up perfectly for me. Tell me it was made in China and I'm just as likely to buy, doesn't affect my purchasing decisions at all, but I do want to know the facts.

Today, 09:45 PM

Rog1
Super Geek

Maggie, I always had my doubts about a watch that was just labeled Swiss on the dial. Somehow to me it just didn't pass the "smile test". I honestly don't remember Eyal ever stating on TV that Swiss was the same as Swiss Made. Perhaps he did, but I would tend to doubt it. I do know others have stated on TV that Swiss is the same as Swiss Made , but I think this was only done from a lack of true understanding of the terms Swiss VS. Swiss Made, and it was not done with a malicious or deceptive intent. Eyal made a very lucid and informative post which I think clarified the issue. As you know because of the definition of Swiss Made, even watches that are so labeled can contain workmanship and parts that are not 100% Swiss, it's just the nature of todays growing global economy. Heck, even Rolex may outsource. After Eyal's post, I have moved on and away from this controversy. I still enjoy my watches and watch collecting, and I am glad that I now have the correct knowledge to make informed buying decisions in the future.
Roger

Today, 09:50 PM

delo149
Super Geek

You hit the nail on the head and especially on the ethics of the situation. I will continue to buy Invicta when I am able as I think they still offer the most bang for the buck.

Today, 09:51 PM

wave3214
True WatchGeek

Mags first let me say I hope your recovery is going well and that your level of pain is low I have missed you. Second I understand your frustration but things like this tend to work themselves out in time. Im still mad at the way they harp on the Reserves being Swiss Made (except my beloved Lupah) but thats life I guess

Today, 09:51 PM

reddog1
Veteran Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog1
Maggie, I always had my doubts about a watch that was just labeled Swiss on the dial. Somehow to me it just didn't pass the "smile test". I honestly don't remember Eyal ever stating on TV that Swiss was the same as Swiss Made. Perhaps he did, but I would tend to doubt it. I do know others have stated on TV that Swiss is the same as Swiss Made , but I think this was only done from a lack of true understanding of the terms Swiss VS. Swiss Made, and it was not done with a malicious or deceptive intent. Eyal made a very lucid and informative post which I think clarified the issue. As you know because of the definition of Swiss Made, even watches that are so labeled can contain workmanship and parts that are not 100% Swiss, it's just the nature of todays growing global economy. Heck, even Rolex may outsource. After Eyal's post, I have moved on and away from this controversy. I still enjoy my watches and watch collecting, and I am glad that I now have the correct knowledge to make informed buying decisions in the future.
Roger
magster i am with you and I agree with rog1 I really understand and as you and rog1 and ALL of WGs ...are not fools

Today, 09:53 PM

acertaingirl
Senior Geek

I remember, in the days before the RDQ carbon fiber TTV, that the salespeople would state that "every Russian Diver ever sold on SNBC is Swiss made". There were many discussions here about this - and also about the RDs sold on Amazon and at Costco.

So were we lied to? Seems so.

For those of us old enough to remember Watergate, it wasn't the two bit burglary, it was the cover up that caused a US President to resign.
robert516
Senior Member & WIS

Postby robert516 » June 20th 2010, 12:50pm

JDinNOLA
Super Geek

Mags,

Thank you for your well written post which artfully expresses the way that many of us now feel. I am afraid that this Swiss Made fiasco and the DD Speedway debacle have pulled back the curtain and revealed some very shady sales and advertising practices. I, too, am turned off more by the dishonesty than anything else. I don't know how much value my collection has lost in actual dollars as a result of these revelations, but I do know that it has greatly diminished in value in my eyes.

To add insult to injury is the manner in which forum members who dared to question why Invicta would use SWISS on some watches and SWISS MADE on others were repeatedly maligned and belittled for raising the issue by a few of this forum's owners and others.

Suffice it to say that much of the joy of collecting Invicta watches, and discussing them here, has been diminished. Many of us are still waiting for the promised joint statement from Invicta and DD. I, for one, have been holding my tongue and waiting for this promised resolution as advised....er, commanded...by the powers that be. The window of opportunity for Eyal to satisfactorily address these issues is closing rapidly, however.

I really want to be proud of my Invicta watches again.

I really want to believe my Invicta representatives and watch show hosts again.

Please, Invicta/ShopNBC, don't just try to ride out the storm any longer. Address the issue as promised.

John

Postby WatchDorks.Net » June 20th 2010, 1:02pm

robert516 wrote:To add insult to injury is the manner in which forum members who dared to question why Invicta would use SWISS on some watches and SWISS MADE on others were repeatedly maligned and belittled for raising the issue by a few of this forum's owners and others.

John

$5 says he gets banned for the above statement.
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Watch Noob » June 20th 2010, 1:17pm

If all she needs is an apology from Eyal for lieing to her, then she needs to have her head checked.
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Postby Ditchdoc » June 20th 2010, 1:36pm

The Magster is on of the original Invictaphilles. Most all of her comments are positive and she owns a ton of the things. If Invictas lost her confidence, they're in trouble. To the owners of WG's and Eyal, I think a personal phone call may go a long way with her. Better have your shit in a sock first though.
Ditchdoc

Postby robert516 » June 20th 2010, 1:40pm

chasntime
Senior Geek

Magster, first & foremost, I hope your surgery was successfull and you are well on your way to a complete recovery!

I guess one of my sayings is "it's only a watch" but that is in reference to not getting a SR deal. I agree 100% with what you said so elequently...regardless of the where or the what, being lied to to make a sale is pretty low in my opinion as well. Tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may. IMHO that will go a long way to all us Invicta nuts.

Thanks Magster, extremely well put!

Today, 10:33 PM

baker.bjs
Member Geek

Thank you Magster. It will be hard to ignore somebody of your stature in the community. Others have been shouted down when asking these questions. I salute you for your honesty and bravery.

Today, 10:42 PM
Cosmo
Super Geek

Magie,
I'm not as articulate as you, but I agree with everything you have said in your post! I don't know much about this subject, but as a consumer of Invicta watches, & I don't own 100 but it's about 75% of my collection, I don't like being decieved either, because of my recent "donut Hole" problem I'm having with RX drug Cov. & not being able to afford my medications, I have been bed-ridden for about 3 weeks now, so Im in the NBZ for the forseable future, I'm sorry, got off the topic, but I totally agree with your asessment, I beleive we are owed some kind of explanation from Eyal! I commend you for bringing this subject up!
Deb (Cosmo)

Today, 10:42 PM

Professorb
Senior Geek

Maggie has really hit the nail on the head. This is not about watches, rather it is about being told "untruths" or outright lied to. Just look at the examples of a much larger proportion that we have reacted to as a public in the past. Nixon had Watergazte. Johnson had Viet Nam. Regan had Iran Contra. Clinton had Monica-Gate. Tiger Woods, the governor of South Carolina, etc. What really did all of these people in is telling a lie and sticking to it. Some like Clinton have apologized and to one extent or another has come back to some degree. Tiger apologized and has yet to make it back but he probably will. Jesse James is yet another one. Like Maggie, just tell us the truth and we will work it out together and when caught in an "intruth" then own up to it and never do it again. I will end my response by saying that I think all or most of this "mis-speak" was done in the name of marketing. I am in the AV industry and the display manufacturers specify contrast ratios of 2000:1 or even more. In fact, if you measure their displays in a room they are unable to exceed 200:1 contrast! Is it a lie? Yes in the pure meaning of the word it is a lie but they call it marketing. Most of us would just settle for the truth and in the absence of that, when caught, a good old fashioned apology.
ProfessorB

Today, 10:43 PM

dnellab
Super Geek

I believe that Eyal's integrity is in question on a few issues! He has spoken out on some, not necessarily to the satisfaction of the masses, but his silence on others speaks volumes! Being the major sponsor of this forum he should make it his priority to address issues in a prompt manner, not leaving the Moderators to have to close threads til he replies! IMHO P.S. great thread Mags!

Today, 10:50 PM

Magster
True WatchGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM
If all you need is an apology, then all I can say is WOW! First time shame on you, second time...
Now that you (we) know the truth of things. It's what you (we) do from here on out that matters. I know what I'm going to do.

I appreciate your response and respect it!!

You are correct... Shame one me. I even typed that in my original post.

Fact is... I love the hundreds of Invicta watches I own. I love this forum that Invicta sponsors. I love (in a friendly "love") Jim and Michael.

I have felt a great admiration for Eyal and appreciation for what he has done with giving us amazing time pieces, at reasonable prices.

So, this one issue, even backed up with some other recent failings... is not too much for me to take.

If there's no apology, I know I will walk away from Invicta.

If Eyal does explain himself, with honesty, I'm willing to give Invicta another shot.

It's a personal choice although I do understand how that must frustrate those of you that have stopped "cold turkey" and are hoping the lack of sales makes a point...

Today, 10:58 PM

OBRADFORD
Senior Geek

I've only been a member of this forum for a year and during that year I have learned more about watches and watch manufacturers than I had learned during my entire life previous.

One thing I remember reading soon after I bought my Quinatar Russian Diver, about ten months ago, was that the SWISS written under the "6" meant it was a swiss movement built outside of Switzerland. I remember thinking "OK". I've learned a lot since then about the whole issue around "SWISS MADE", but I've known for quite awhile that if you want a Swiss Made watch you have to get one that has it written on the dial. Everything else is "something" else.

It's sad that those who try to sell us our watches are "misleading" about exactly what we are buying. I've learned to take everything I hear on Shop NBC with a couple of grains of salt.

I don't feel as much of a connection to the people on ShopNBC as some others do. So I really don't feel any betrayal.

The most real person, in my opinion, is Michael Davis. Of everybody, he tries his best to be honest about what he presents. In fact, I've seen him roll his eyes when he hears the host say something that isn't exactly the truth. Alright I'm done.

Today, 11:03 PM

crx21000
Senior Geek

Very well said Maggie. I have to say i have been thinking about this issue myself for a while, planning on a thread, but afraid to open a can of worms. i thought i was not affected by this issue, but looking back to my collection i have quite a few watches with the "swiss" on the 6 o'clock. I still love them though, but now i am not so sure i got a good deal since they might not be swiss made.

I honestly do not care where the watch was made, but don't tell me is swiss made when it is not. I rather you tell me it was made in some sweat shop in some third world country, but tell me up front. i will still buy the watch if it really sings to me.

I thought i was not that upset with Invicta about this, but now i am having troubles pulling the trigger on them. I haven't buy an invicta in about 3 month now. I am not saying i will never by another one, because that would be a lie, but now i have to be more selective on what i get.

Truth be told just about every invicta i got since the OTV Bolt on rubber last year has gone down in price. Not by a couple of dollars, but by 2/3rds and in some cases 3/4th of what i paid for them. Not too concern about the money, but this issue also sting a little, that in less than a year the watch had such a dramatic price decrease.

I really think this "swiss" issue needs to be address by the SHOP and Eyal. An apology would go a long way in help restore that trust, but I guess only time will tell. In the mean time i am shifting my attention to other watch brands.

Today, 11:04 PM
rjones1994
Veteran Geek

Magster I agree with you, but from partialy from a different view. I too have many Invictas and found them a great value. I do feel that they changed their rules and did not tell us. I do not understand why they did this, but they forgot to tell Jim, Michael and Jill. I believe that they knew Swiss ment Swiss made as the Swiss Fed roles state.I have not bought and Invicta the last few weeks, but know I will again, but with my eyes wide open.

Today, 11:06 PM

reliefcp
Master WatchGeek

Well said Magie and it means a lot coming from you. I started a similar thread about this same issue because deep down myself like others here want to be proud of our Invictas.We were lied to on national TV and I would have not cared the least about where they were made if I was told the truth.The Speedway fiasco has stopped me from thinking about ever buying any more Invictas because of more deception about where they came from.I too put my trust in Eyal and believed what was said on national TV but not anymore.All I need is the truth.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Edit Tags Tags
None

Quick Reply
Senior Member & WIS

Postby BigCheez » June 20th 2010, 1:50pm

Excellent work, Robert516!
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Postby Bigjimzlll » June 20th 2010, 2:05pm

"The most real person, in my opinion, is Michael Davis. Of everybody, he tries his best to be honest about what he presents. In fact, I've seen him roll his eyes when he hears the host say something that isn't exactly the truth. Alright I'm done"

OMG...I just threw up a little.
Mike "the wino" Davis is the biggest lying scum bag of the bunch
Bigjimzlll
Watchlord WIS

Postby Watch Noob » June 20th 2010, 2:20pm

Davis is the Technical Guru behind the machine called Invicta. He is destined for greatness. With Laylo (Kirk) at the helm and Davis (Scotty) in the engine room, it's Warp factor 5 baby.
Last edited by Anonymous on June 20th 2010, 3:18pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Postby robert516 » June 20th 2010, 2:32pm

This guy mentions kool-aid, a definite no no!

Yesterday, 11:57 PM

Owlwatch
Veteran Geek

Quote:
...An honest apology, from Eyal, would go a long way toward repairing his lack of honesty. I'm trying not to say "lies", but when it comes right down to it, that is what they were...
First, I have placed your return to great health into my prayers. I really appreciated your words and it was one of the best posts I have read since becoming a member of the community. When one loves something, as you do, it is so important to confront whatever can destroy what one loves!

Next...Many in the community have consumed the Invicta "kool-aid" served over the years and now they are very ill. I really hope that if there is an apology, that it will directly address the purposeful untruths that have been made by the "leader" of a company and forum community to the company's and forum's loyal patrons/fans. It is the very least towards restored health for community members in need.
robert516
Senior Member & WIS

Postby dude » June 20th 2010, 3:11pm

. . . Magster has always been a class act. I have dealt with her on a sale and exchanged PM's, and her posts were on the same level as dealing with her personally. She's sincere and honest.
If the dumb squad has lost her confidence they have genuinely lost the faith of the true followers.
For Mags to speak out this way will get the attention of many . . . Good girl Maggie, I feel bad for you.
dude
Senior Member & WIS

Postby robert516 » June 20th 2010, 4:39pm

Finally a MODERATOR shows up to begin the shut down on Magster's thread. Haven't heard a peep from strutn45, nycruza or GTWG! Here's the latest posts on this ever growing thread:

Today, 01:24 AM

Chief68
WatchGeeks Moderator
True WatchGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewarped73
I have to agree with you 100%,Jill is in sales going place to place to sell the product.Michael in which I do have respect for he is in quality, and Jim I wont make a comment on. These two people work for Invicta other than Eyal they are the spokespersons for Invicta they know this product.I wasnt going to voice my opinion but some people on here need to wake up ok.
In as far as Jill ,I can not comment because I do not know her but as far as Mike even though he is an Invicta Rep he is told what the watch is before he goes on air and that is it and the same with Jim .The only difference is one works for Invicta and the other SHOP but neither of these men would lie to us and THAT I AM SURE OF. They are informed what the watch has and then they tell us simple as that if they are mis informed than we will be .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogrider1234
OK...maybe not guilty 100%...but as representatives...they are intimately involved
Scott I find it very interesting that you say they are intimately involved when that is not true ,the extent of there involvement is when they arrive at the station they see what is up for sale and then they talk about it . I know this because I witnessed it first hand when I was a guest at Shop NBC to watch a show.

Today, 01:27 AM

FloridaGary
Senior Geek

[quote=Magster;1701897]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaQueen
Also, with whomever said that the rules got switched up on Michael, Jim and Jill (without anyone telling them).
quote]

I agree that Michael, Jim and Jill did not know about it.

I actually feel badly for them. They took a hit to their reps too. I'm the first to believe that they were not part of the "un-truth", but many might not believe it. So, they have been harmed by this situation too...
Hi Magie:

I hope you are recovering well.

I agree with your entire post, but exonerating Jim, Michael and Jill may be premature. You being a cop, I'm sure you understand the importance of facts. Do we truly know they didn't know?

Gary

Today, 01:33 AM

vbobdriveguy
Master WatchGeek

Hey Magie. First, hope the surgery went well and here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

As to your well worded thread, you stated facts and then stated your opinions. If more people would stick to that format, maybe we would already have some answers.

I certainly can't say that your feelings are right or wrong. They are your feelings and I respect that. Some are very upset that they have been sold something that is not what was represented to them. I can understand that.

All I keep coming back to though is the fact that I have had no problems with any of my watches (I feel for those that have) and as long as they perform well, look good, and bring me enjoyment, that's good enough for me. Sure, it would have been nice if we had all of the correct info from the begining, but for me (and I'm not saying that everyone, or anyone else should feel the same), I'm still satisfied with the watches I've gotten for the money I've spent on them.

Again, I wish we had been told the truth from the get go, and it would be nice to get a satisfying answer from Eyal himself, but as long as I'm still happy with my watches, I can deal with the rest as it comes along.

Although we've been told that this watch is Swiss, or this watch is Swiss Made, I've never put much stock in that. I've always known that Invicta is not Omega, Rolex, or Breitling. Other's have stated that you get what you pay for and "if it's too good to be true, it probably is." I've always taken any and all sales pitches (not just watches) with a grain of salt. It is the salesperson's or company representitives job to sell the items. If I like the item, I will buy it. If not, I don't but I am never surprised if something I've bought isn't exactly as I perceived it to be from the sales pitch.

Just my thoughts.

Today, 01:36 AM
streekingeek
Senior Geek

get well maggie.
agree with your thread you started here.
gk.

Today, 01:49 AM
steves02
Senior Geek

Quote:
I don't wish anyone to suffer any "brunt" of this thread. But, my thread is asking for Eyal to respond. So, no force is needed... just a response (I know you were not meaning it that way so I'm just kidding with you.
What? No Kel-liight shampoo?

Seriously, I returned my SAN IV, returned my 'okay' DD, returned my 7750 T-Rex (LE of 25 and when I get mine, it is now xx/50?) and am only buying Androids - Wing is the man and I want him to have my money.

I understand that the loss of me buying 25-50+- watches a year won't hurt Invicta, but I can sleep better and look at myself in the mirror.

Thanks for a great post.

Today, 01:53 AM

Arnie11
Master WatchGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkromer
That sums it up perfectly for me. Tell me it was made in China and I'm just as likely to buy, doesn't affect my purchasing decisions at all, but I do want to know the facts.

Once again, I gotta go with Tommy's take on this as I feel the same..................... and Mags, beautifully expressed post/thread my friend. So well articulated without the bashing. Like I've said before, "truth is truth" and, "Oh what a tangled web we weave when those we practice to deceive.". Sooner or later it all comes back to bite us in the butt. Karma baby. Karma. JMHO.

Regards,

Arnie

steves02
Senior Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief68
In as far as Jill ,I can not comment because I do not know her but as far as Mike even though he is an Invicta Rep he is told what the watch is before he goes on air and that is it and the same with Jim .The only difference is one works for Invicta and the other SHOP but neither of these men would lie to us and THAT I AM SURE OF. They are informed what the watch has and then they tell us simple as that if they are mis informed than we will be .

I like Mike, but if he is, in fact, the technical brand manager at Invicta, should he not know where his products are made and with what parts? I might be off base (I only have a doctorate in org leadership, so what would I know?), but since my perception is my reality, that's the best that I can do.

mrblue
Super Geek

Thankyou for the comments chief .............................. Mb

Today, 01:55 AM

Red Ryder
True WatchGeek

Mags,

Did the doctors implant the devices(electrodes??) that had

been temporaily

installed last time.??...ie the" implant that affected your groin"...lol ....

If so...then can we expect full time relief for you?

I hope and pray this is the case.

Good thread...I have nothing new to add. Just want to wish you well.

Today, 02:04 AM

Chief68
WatchGeeks Moderator
True WatchGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves02
I like Mike, but if he is, in fact, the technical brand manager at Invicta, should he not know where his products are made and with what parts? I might be off base (I only have a doctorate in org leadership, so what would I know?), but since my perception is my reality, that's the best that I can do.
Well Steve I just explained how it worked so he only knows what they tell him , and if you choose not to believe me as well so be it.

Postby robert516 » June 20th 2010, 4:47pm

I like this one, pegs MD to a tee:

marlboro
Member Geek

Quote:
Well Steve I just explained how it worked so he only knows what they tell him , and if you choose not to believe me as well so be it.
Well, if that is the case, I have seen Michael get very defensive here , if someone calls his technical chops into aspect. So, Im not being rude, im not bashing, im not being disrespectful, im asking a question. You cant have it both ways, you cant be the technical brand manager and be all knowing about the watches, etc, and then when the shite hits the fan, you are nothing more than a representative where you are simply told the info before you go on air. Im not saying you make the watches, im not saying you repair them, but, you , yourself Micheal have gotten very heated when someone calls you out on your technical knowledge of the brand. So you either have knowledge of the brand and how and where they are made and the technical aspects of them, or you dont, you read the info off of cards before you go on the air, and that is it. So wich is it.
robert516
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Ditchdoc » June 20th 2010, 4:50pm

Horseshit!!

Mike, as technical brand manager and Jill, as VP of North American Sales or some crap like that., They are responsible for knowing what they are pushing on television. They are there as the company representative or "expert" to assist the host.

They're in management right? WTF do they manage. As "managers" at that level they should be privy to where the frekin watch is made for pete's sake.

It's amazing how these asshats make every effort to skirt responsibility.

Maybe they didn't know....but it was damn sure their responsibility to know.
Last edited by Ditchdoc on June 20th 2010, 4:54pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ditchdoc

Postby Watch Noob » June 20th 2010, 4:52pm

Yea Chief is trying to cover Davis and Skellys ass. He
's basically saying both have absoultely zero knowledge of Invicta other than what are given to them on cue cards right before the show. Not sure how you can be a Tech Mgr. and not know anythng about the brand. They can train a monkey to read cue cards, but I guess they did do just that didn't they?
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Postby Darksider » June 20th 2010, 4:53pm

Add this post elsewhere sent to me today

RunninOnEmpty
Senior Geek Join Date: Nov 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayakguy
Being the optimistic guy I am and knowing that invicta has always done the right thing in the end..
Kayak

If Invicta did the right thing in the beginning there would be no end. They finally got caught is all.
Darksider
Founder

Postby robert516 » June 20th 2010, 4:55pm

Today, 02:21 AM

motegi
Veteran Geek

Quote:
If they are mis informed then so are we ,but that is not there fault and they would never lie to us and that I am sure of .
All the more reason to make a STICKY from Eyal's response. So that all of our fellow members can be INFORMED. Please ask the owners of WatchGeeks again.

Please.

YOU MEAN THE POST WHERE EYAL ADMITS TO DECEPTION :cszc:
robert516
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Ditchdoc » June 20th 2010, 4:57pm

Chief 68 doesn't seem to have 2 brain cells to rub together. A smart geek ought to be able to make short work of him.

I saw Brad (flyback) do it the other night.

To quote the kool kids "he is a tool, not even a useful tool"
Ditchdoc

Postby robert516 » June 20th 2010, 4:58pm

Chief68
WatchGeeks Moderator
True WatchGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboro
Well, if that is the case, I have seen Michael get very defensive here , if someone calls his technical chops into aspect. So, Im not being rude, im not bashing, im not being disrespectful, im asking a question. You cant have it both ways, you cant be the technical brand manager and be all knowing about the watches, etc, and then when the shite hits the fan, you are nothing more than a representative where you are simply told the info before you go on air. Im not saying you make the watches, im not saying you repair them, but, you , yourself Micheal have gotten very heated when someone calls you out on your technical knowledge of the brand. So you either have knowledge of the brand and how and where they are made and the technical aspects of them, or you dont, you read the info off of cards before you go on the air, and that is it. So wich is it.
Mike will get upset when people called him a liar as anyone would. He has plenty of knowledge when it comes to watches but as I said he does not build them, if the info says watch A is swiss made with a Val- 7750 he can talk about it all night because he has that knowledge. The point is he is told what the watch has then his expertise comes in . The issue at hand is what was told to him and he has no control over that .
I hope that answers your question.

Next

Return to The Watchlord Archives - The early years