Knee replacement

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other

Knee replacement

Postby Ofcmark » June 8th 2019, 6:43pm

Well I finally couldn’t take all the pain and the shots were not working so I had a knee replacement done last Monday. I am up and walking around the swelling is starting to go down. Been taking an Oxy every 4 to 6 hours which makes me very sleepy. I have another week of home physical therapy and then another two months of outpatient I figured I’d get it done now before retiring November
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Re: Knee replacement

Postby foghorn » June 8th 2019, 6:55pm

Ofcmark wrote:Well I finally couldn’t take all the pain and the shots were not working so I had a knee replacement done last Monday. I am up and walking around the swelling is starting to go down. Been taking an Oxy every 4 to 6 hours which makes me very sleepy. I have another week of home physical therapy and then another two months of outpatient I figured I’d get it done now before retiring November

I know the feeling. Don't rush anything.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » June 8th 2019, 7:40pm

Good to hear you're on the mend, Mark. Like the rewstar says, take it easy and listen to your sawbones.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » June 8th 2019, 7:41pm

Dude, total knee replacement is some next level Jedi-like shit!

Technology has come SO far in the last 30 years.

Glad you are doing well. Keep up the therapy and get ready for the retirement.
"There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever."- Ron White
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Falstaff » June 9th 2019, 7:26am

Knee replacement recovery can be tough, but when it's done and you realize that you're free of that incessant, grinding arthritic pain, you'll feel 20 years younger! A smooth recovery to you, sir.
Two, two the lily white boys clothed all in green oh
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby codguy » June 9th 2019, 7:31am

A business acquaintance went through one the beginning of this year, he was back walking the course golfing three months post surgery.
He told a co-worker whom is having one done next month to strictly adhere to the PT.

Hope all works well for you.

It would have been the perfect afternoon if those jagoffs from Greenpeace hadn't showed up and tried to roll me back into the Puget Sound - conj
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby DBCooper » June 9th 2019, 8:52am

Just had a total hip replacement (anterior) the 1st of February. Like you said the pain just keeps building till you HAVE to do something. Back at work in 7 weeks. Everything is working great with NO restrictions.
You gonna be just fine. Hang tough Mark. :okk:
After all, no ham-wristed louts complained when all watches were 34mm - no cries of "looks like a little girl's watch on my wrist!" Like King Canute on the beach, that's where I draw the line - come what may.

Falstaff, May 19, 2014.
DBCooper
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » June 9th 2019, 8:57am

DBCooper wrote:Just had a total hip replacement (anterior) the 1st of February. Like you said the pain just keeps building till you HAVE to do something. Back at work in 7 weeks. Everything is working great with NO restrictions.
You gonna be just fine. Hang tough Mark. :okk:

Glad you are doing well. Jeebus, we are all getting old!
"There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever."- Ron White
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby labman » June 9th 2019, 10:42am

Have a speedy recovery
labman
Watchlord WIS

Postby Ofcmark » June 9th 2019, 12:40pm

Thanks guys I appreciate all the well wishes
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Postby Ofcmark » June 9th 2019, 12:44pm

biglove wrote:Dude, total knee replacement is some next level Jedi-like shit!

Technology has come SO far in the last 30 years.

Glad you are doing well. Keep up the therapy and get ready for the retirement.

No kidding I had the right knee done two years ago totally different experience this time I also think I have a more skilled surgeon in a far better hospital. At this time with my right knee the doctors were talking about putting me in a nursing home for follow up physical therapy. With my left knee been home since Monday and started physical therapy Tuesday
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » June 9th 2019, 1:56pm

Feel better, Mark. In my circle I have a hip replacement and major foot sugery among my friends. It takes such patience and therapy to recover. You'll get there.
"This particular blight on the hobby is a desperately lying, valor-stealing, TV watch-hoarding mumpsimus." ― Ancient Samurai Proverb
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to Anything and Everything Else