Maurice Lacroix launches a worldwide treasure hunt

Maurice Lacroix launches a worldwide treasure hunt

Postby koimaster » May 13th 2019, 4:20pm

A year after the success of its interactive game #chaseyourwatch, Maurice Lacroix is back with a brand-new challenge called #timecode where players have the chance to win one of ten Aikon Venturer timepieces and a trip to tour the manufacture in Switzerland.

The game will take place in 10 major cities around the world at different times throughout the year, starting with London on May 15th and then moving to Oslo on May 26th, followed by Zurich on June 3rd and Osaka on August 10th. The remaining six cities and their respective dates will be released at a later stage.

The game lasts for one week in each city and players need to first sign up at https://timecode.mauricelacroix.com in order to play. The object of the game is to find as many clues, called #timecodes, around the city. Some of the #timecodes will stay for the whole week, while others will come and go. To find them, players need to follow maps, locate checkpoints and solve secret codes on Maurice Lacroix’s social media channels to find them. Then all they need to do is actively go to each place and activate the #timecodes on their smartphone. The person with the most #timecodes at the end of the week wins the watch. The person with the most #timecodes throughout all the cities will win a trip to Switzerland and a personal tour of the Maurice Lacroix manufacture in Saignelégier.

https://www.revolution.watch/maurice-la ... sure-hunt/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Maurice Lacroix launches a worldwide treasure hunt

Postby TemerityB » May 13th 2019, 7:36pm

ML remains the most underrated watch brand I can think of. It's the only brand I know of whose upper-end in-house movements are as good as anything out there, and nobody ever seems to take notice (in the U.S., at least). An example: ML makes a watch celled the Masterpiece Mysterious Seconds that has a seconds hand that seems to not even be attached to the movement - which has a 50 hour power reserve and his so lavishly decorated that all told it looks like a $50,000 watch, yet it sells at list for about 12 grand .. and ends up gray for like 6500 bucks. Incredible for more reasons than I can count.

I bought a dive watch from them that literally had “dive” in the name. The instructions said not to dive with it - it was only meant to LOOK like a dive watch. It was also fast by more that a minute per day. Garbage. Never again. - IWG buyer on Reddit
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby artman » May 13th 2019, 7:48pm

That's a fucking beautiful watch TB. I agree ML is quite underrated.
artman
Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » May 13th 2019, 7:58pm

TemerityB wrote:..An example: ML makes a watch celled the Masterpiece Mysterious Seconds that has a seconds hand that seems to not even be attached to the movement..

Fantastic

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Pubbie » May 14th 2019, 4:08am

TemerityB wrote:ML remains the most underrated watch brand I can think of. It's the only brand I know of whose upper-end in-house movements are as good as anything out there, and nobody ever seems to take notice (in the U.S., at least).

The important thing is, what do the brand values signal? Remember: horological excellence is leveraged only by the external brand signalling effect. If the brand is not strong enough, it doesn't matter what they're capable of.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Maurice Lacroix