The First Entirely Handmade Dutch Wristwatch

Luxury and Independent Watch brands

The First Entirely Handmade Dutch Wristwatch

Postby Racer-X » April 12th 2019, 8:51am

"I’m thrilled to announce this news. Machiel Hulsman, former IT consultant turned watchmaker, has created the very first entirely handmade wristwatch from the Netherlands. We have the legacy of Christiaan Huygens, the inventor of the pendulum clock, Christiaan van der Klaauw, a watch and clockmaker who created the smallest planetarium (in a wristwatch), and the horological brothers Bart and Tim Grönefeld, who have won prestigious GPHG prizes on two occasions. And now, finally, a watch entirely made in the Netherlands. Five years ago Hulsman quit his job and started making his first wristwatch. From scratch! No existing movement, no third-party parts, everything is made in his own small atelier by hand. In these five years, he has learned everything about watchmaking and completed the first fully Dutch handmade wristwatch, the Marie-Elise."

https://monochrome-watches.com/machiel-hulsman-redefines-bespoke-meet-the-first-fully-hand-made-dutch-wristwatch/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: The First Entirely Handmade Dutch Wristwatch

Postby conjurer » April 12th 2019, 9:03am

I like the bespokedness and the colourways.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: The First Entirely Handmade Dutch Wristwatch

Postby foghorn » April 12th 2019, 9:07am

Wow!!
Wooden shoe like to own one of those beautys.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Return to Luxury & Independent Watchmakers