Urban Gentry MIA?

Youtube talking heads

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby conjurer » February 9th 2019, 1:26pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Heard back from the Gerald fellow - by the way, not a YouTuber, I got that wrong. The guy's a photographer by trade, and a pretty serious collector of vintage Grand Seikos:

The copyrighted material that TGV has used without his permission were photos from his Instagram account. In response to the videos being taken down from TGV's channel, TGV tried to...claim Fair Use with YouTube. A channel that monetized, claiming "fair use!" Cheeky bastard.
Meanwhile, according to Gerald, within the time that YouTube had to process the Fair Use claim, they have not allowed the videos to get back on the channel, and so they're unlikely to return there.


Hold the fucking phone... This Gerald guy's a motherfucking limey? For fuck's sakes, don't we have enough goddamn Brits around here??? For one thing, our dental insurance premiums are going to fucking skyrocket!!
Cream rises to the top while jackoffs only leave puddles of rancid jizz.


--Temerity, regarding Bazinga!.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 29387
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby TemerityB » February 9th 2019, 2:36pm

3Flushes wrote:Why, this is a horrible loss for the watch blogosphere.


:lol:
I bought a dive watch from them that literally had “dive” in the name. The instructions said not to dive with it - it was only meant to LOOK like a dive watch. It was also fast by more that a minute per day. Garbage. Never again. - IWG buyer on Reddit
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 15425
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby svaglic » February 9th 2019, 4:54pm

I hope he joins, I would love to see his GS’s and hear his knowledge on them.
User avatar
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 4600
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby tomsimac » February 9th 2019, 6:11pm

He’s a collector. That reduces supply. Means higher prices to the elderly
I’m going to complain to the SJW
Maybe my check for not “willing to work” can cover the cost.
User avatar
tomsimac
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 902
Joined: October 16th 2011, 10:00pm
Location: So. California

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby koimaster » February 26th 2019, 12:02pm

facebook groups are finally chiming in and most could care less.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
 
Posts: 37701
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby koimaster » March 1st 2019, 10:42am

https://www.instagram.com/p/BroOaL3A9Kz/

Image

Image

Letter is real although the pranksters changed gentry to liar which is fitting.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
 
Posts: 37701
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby TemerityB » March 1st 2019, 1:30pm

These YouTube schmucks are all the same. I thought there could be no lower scumbags than the home shopping channel con artists, but in their own way these dumbass YouTubers are even more seedy, clueless, and cunning - not to mention utterly unnecessary. Time and time again, they will stoop to any low to "monetize their site," as it it's the viewers' jobs to fund their hobby. From Archie to Gentry to Federico to these new snot-nosed kids to fucking PhatKat, they're the rusted bottom of a piss bucket, the whole crummy lot of them. Get a job, assholes.
I bought a dive watch from them that literally had “dive” in the name. The instructions said not to dive with it - it was only meant to LOOK like a dive watch. It was also fast by more that a minute per day. Garbage. Never again. - IWG buyer on Reddit
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 15425
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » March 1st 2019, 1:54pm

I’m inclined to agree with that, TB. Still, I think it’s simply about the wrong people doing that. Look at them, the poofy pish-posh twats, the spoiled boyos, who really shouldn’t have received a camcorder from Mum for Christmas. I wonder what would the watch channels on YT be like, if any of us, the Lords, would start a channel. I guess if the likes of us would be doing it, there’d be hardly anything to complain about.
Hell, I’d be doing that, if only I wasn’t absolutely horrible on camera. I always hated recordings of myself, but that’s pretty common with introverts with a slight OCD, i.e. the likes of me. I suppose that the biggest problem with all those YouTuber bufties is that unlike us, they have no knowledge to provide their audience with.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby svaglic » March 1st 2019, 3:16pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:I’m inclined to agree with that, TB. Still, I think it’s simply about the wrong people doing that. Look at them, the poofy pish-posh twats, the spoiled boyos, who really shouldn’t have received a camcorder from Mum for Christmas. I wonder what would the watch channels on YT be like, if any of us, the Lords, would start a channel. I guess if the likes of us would be doing it, there’d be hardly anything to complain about.
Hell, I’d be doing that, if only I wasn’t absolutely horrible on camera. I always hated recordings of myself, but that’s pretty common with introverts with a slight OCD, i.e. the likes of me. I suppose that the biggest problem with all those YouTuber bufties is that unlike us, they have no knowledge to provide their audience with.


I’d do it, but I have a face for radio.
User avatar
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 4600
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby conjurer » March 1st 2019, 6:34pm

svaglic wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:I’m inclined to agree with that, TB. Still, I think it’s simply about the wrong people doing that. Look at them, the poofy pish-posh twats, the spoiled boyos, who really shouldn’t have received a camcorder from Mum for Christmas. I wonder what would the watch channels on YT be like, if any of us, the Lords, would start a channel. I guess if the likes of us would be doing it, there’d be hardly anything to complain about.
Hell, I’d be doing that, if only I wasn’t absolutely horrible on camera. I always hated recordings of myself, but that’s pretty common with introverts with a slight OCD, i.e. the likes of me. I suppose that the biggest problem with all those YouTuber bufties is that unlike us, they have no knowledge to provide their audience with.


I’d do it, but I have a face for radio.


My mug would break the fucking camera, and the interwebz, too.
Cream rises to the top while jackoffs only leave puddles of rancid jizz.


--Temerity, regarding Bazinga!.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 29387
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » March 1st 2019, 7:51pm

Well, as I've said, the eloquent (or, well, loquacious) Mr. Bloke in me would give way to a stuttering millennial adding a lot of "ummmm..." and "yyyyy" between words, if I'd give it a try. That would result with a video seasoned with a shitload of noticeable cuts. And when that'd be ready, and I'd be happy with the result, I'd probably be 70-something and retired by then. Ahhh, well... Looks like most of us decent WIS are good with a pen/keyboard, and those who are good with a camcorder are the likes of TGV, T&H, and all that sorry lot of fruit, who know nothing about watches, yet love to fuck their audience over by pretending to know what they're talking about.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby TemerityB » March 1st 2019, 7:56pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Well, as I've said, the eloquent (or, well, loquacious) Mr. Bloke in me would give way to a stuttering millennial adding a lot of "ummmm..." and "yyyyy" between words, if I'd give it a try. That would result with a video seasoned with a shitload of noticeable cuts. And when that'd be ready, and I'd be happy with the result, I'd probably be 70-something and retired by then. Ahhh, well... Looks like most of us decent WIS are good with a pen/keyboard, and those who are good with a camcorder are the likes of TGV, T&H, and all that sorry lot of fruit, who know nothing about watches, yet love to fuck their audience over by pretending to know what they're talking about.


Image
I bought a dive watch from them that literally had “dive” in the name. The instructions said not to dive with it - it was only meant to LOOK like a dive watch. It was also fast by more that a minute per day. Garbage. Never again. - IWG buyer on Reddit
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 15425
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby 3Flushes » March 1st 2019, 9:54pm

I'ma do a podcast like all of the other kids.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
User avatar
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 7049
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby conjurer » March 1st 2019, 10:54pm

3Flushes wrote:I'ma do a podcast like all of the other kids.


Yeah, OK, Triple, you do that. Talk about watches and shit. Just keep your chiacchierone shut about car trips to the fucking Barrens. I don't need no fucking RICO predicates over here. I'm getting too old to do some hard time in stir. Fuck that shit.
Cream rises to the top while jackoffs only leave puddles of rancid jizz.


--Temerity, regarding Bazinga!.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 29387
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby Mark1 » March 1st 2019, 11:04pm

It's like watching the academy awards. Not a fucking clue who any of these internet assholes are.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
User avatar
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: December 19th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby Racer-X » March 7th 2019, 9:25pm

He's back. Archie not pleased.



User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 5805
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby bedlam » March 7th 2019, 9:31pm

I am amazed anyone watches that shit
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
User avatar
bedlam
WIS Divemaster
 
Posts: 8433
Joined: November 12th 2011, 11:00pm
Location: Fremantle, Australia (GMT +8)

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby conjurer » March 7th 2019, 11:00pm

bedlam wrote:I am amazed anyone watches that shit


Goddamn it, Carl, if I continue to agree with you so much, I'll turn into a goddamned commie myself.

There is nothing better than a juicy literary feud. From Hemingway v. Fitzgerald to Rushdie v. le Carre, there is always plenty of capital fun in reading great writers break each other's balls. What do we have today? Archie Luxury and whatever the Urban Gentry's name is, breaking each other's balls. FFS. If either Archie or the Urban Gentry guy got hit by a bus tomorrow and got ground up in the bus's differential, I wouldn't give a shit.
Cream rises to the top while jackoffs only leave puddles of rancid jizz.


--Temerity, regarding Bazinga!.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 29387
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Urban Gentry MIA?

Postby TemerityB » March 8th 2019, 9:39am

conjurer wrote:
bedlam wrote:I am amazed anyone watches that shit


Goddamn it, Carl, if I continue to agree with you so much, I'll turn into a goddamned commie myself.

There is nothing better than a juicy literary feud. From Hemingway v. Fitzgerald to Rushdie v. le Carre, there is always plenty of capital fun in reading great writers break each other's balls. What do we have today? Archie Luxury and whatever the Urban Gentry's name is, breaking each other's balls. FFS. If either Archie or the Urban Gentry guy got hit by a bus tomorrow and got ground up in the bus's differential, I wouldn't give a shit.


I used to think Skelton/Davis/Lalo etc did the most to dumb down this hobby, but these YouTube turds-in-the-punch-bowl are that much worse ... and there are much worse out there, some fleecing morons, the others just in love with being "on their shows." Spare me.
I bought a dive watch from them that literally had “dive” in the name. The instructions said not to dive with it - it was only meant to LOOK like a dive watch. It was also fast by more that a minute per day. Garbage. Never again. - IWG buyer on Reddit
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 15425
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City

Previous

Return to The No Spin Zone

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron