Interview With Ariel Adams

Other forum links and links to many blogs and magazines

Interview With Ariel Adams

Postby koimaster » December 6th 2018, 9:30am

Interview With Ariel Adams Of aBlogtoWatch On His Personal Watch Collection By Founder Of Crown & Caliber

My close colleague Hamilton Powell, who started the pre-owned watch retailer Crown & Caliber convinced me to do something I would normally not – which is to participate in an interview talking about my own personal watch collection. While Crown & Caliber is based in Atlanta, Georgia, he visited me in Los Angeles and wanted me to share a “spread” of my watches including ones from my personal collection, as well as some that I was currently wearing for review.

One of the most ironic parts of my “job” is the conflict between wearing my own watches and those I am currently writing about or otherwise reviewing. I acquire watches that I like or that have meaning to me, but I rarely get to wear them given that much of the time I am wearing watches on loan from watchmakers as part of doing a review, and getting to know both that specific model and the brand overall better. Thus, it was an interesting exercise for me to focus on my personal collection and talk about my own subjective experiences and tastes. I’m typically shy about this because I never want anyone to feel as though they should like something just because I do. I attempt to explain the rationale behind liking or disliking any product, and then hoping that the person listening can make up their own opinion about the item that I am talking about.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/interview- ... n-caliber/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Interview With Ariel Adams

Postby foghorn » December 6th 2018, 10:08am

So REL posts an interview with REL on the site that REL runs?

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » December 6th 2018, 10:09am

Frankly, I always enjoy interviews with TV Antenna Adams, mainly because they sound exactly like a six-year-old sucking the air out of a helium balloon, then talking.
I would rather be seen wearing an Invicta than a Hublot - at least I can explain away the Invicta.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby 3Flushes » December 6th 2018, 11:50am

foghorn wrote:So REL posts an interview with REL on the site that REL runs?

AND he gets to go to Basel and SIHH and wherenot. It should be ME goddammit!!! It should be me!

REL Adams is a putz.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » December 6th 2018, 2:59pm

foghorn wrote:So REL posts an interview with REL on the site that REL runs?

It appears so. It's like he's wanking to the portrait of himself wanking in front of a mirror.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.
Voltaire
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby bobbee » December 6th 2018, 5:28pm

Genuine lolz.
"O' cruel fate, to be thusly boned! Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee." ~ Bender Bending Rodriguez

"My father is a mountain, my mother is a washing machine." ~ Cory Doctorow
bobbee
Master of Time

Return to Blogs, Watch Magazines & other sites