“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Watch Brands People Love to Hate

Postby Pubbie » December 5th 2018, 11:33am

I actually like DW for the way it puts the shits up the snobbier form of WIS. Hey, at least they’re not fucking FitBits.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Postby TemerityB » December 5th 2018, 9:29pm

I actually don't hate all that many brands. YouTube "watch shows"? That's another fucking story. This new Fauntleroy is to actual watch experts what bicycles are to fish. Anybody with a fucking web cam.
I would rather be seen wearing an Invicta than a Hublot - at least I can explain away the Invicta.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby tiktok » December 5th 2018, 10:46pm

Roger Dubuis
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » December 6th 2018, 6:35am

MB&motherfuckingF

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » December 6th 2018, 8:38am

TemerityB wrote:I actually don't hate all that many brands. YouTube "watch shows"? That's another fucking story. This new Fauntleroy is to actual watch experts what bicycles are to fish. Anybody with a fucking web cam.

True. Then again, I might check out the fellow’s other videos - obviously there’ll be nothing in them that I don’t already know, and possibly something to give me a good laugh. I mean, this short video wasn’t particularly infuriating, or at least I can’t hate it as much as I loathe David Niven’s retarded version with his ”crest” on signet rings and coffee mugs, or the four-eyed, pretentious, ghey orangutan from T&H.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.
Voltaire
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » December 6th 2018, 10:06am

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
TemerityB wrote:I actually don't hate all that many brands. YouTube "watch shows"? That's another fucking story. This new Fauntleroy is to actual watch experts what bicycles are to fish. Anybody with a fucking web cam.

True. Then again, I might check out the fellow’s other videos - obviously there’ll be nothing in them that I don’t already know, and possibly something to give me a good laugh. I mean, this short video wasn’t particularly infuriating, or at least I can’t hate it as much as I loathe David Niven’s retarded version with his ”crest” on signet rings and coffee mugs, or the four-eyed, pretentious, ghey orangutan from T&H.

You got that right. That T&H stuff is the biggest rip-off I've ever seen - check out their webpage and see what they're asking for vintage watches in sometimes seedy states of disrepair. They're just like Evine - hoping to capture an audience that doesn't know the first thing about watches.
I would rather be seen wearing an Invicta than a Hublot - at least I can explain away the Invicta.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby monster623az » December 11th 2018, 4:45pm

Huh, this whole time I thought Moovement was pronounced Em-Vee_Em-Tea
monster623az
Senior Member & WIS

Postby artman » December 11th 2018, 8:03pm

monster623az wrote:Huh, this whole time I thought Moovement was pronounced Em-Vee_Em-Tea

Awe crap... me too!
artman
Master of Time

Return to General Watch talk