Certina DS PH200M – Review

Certina DS PH200M – Review

Postby Racer-X » November 7th 2018, 4:58pm

"This year’s Baselworld was a treat for everyone who loves vintage watch reeditions. A lot of brands released a number of cool reinterpretations of old models. Certina, a brand that albeit has a huge history, mostly creates contemporary watches also blessed us with something special. It is the Certina DS PH200M, a diver that is the descent of the legendary PH200M from 1967. This was a memorable release for a number of reasons. Just to mention one, as I said it above, Certina was never the brand that focused too much on their heritage models. Whether it was a conscious move or not I don’t know but I’m happy the DS PH200M came to production."

https://www.fratellowatches.com/certina-ds-ph200m-hands-on-review/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Certina DS PH200M – Review

Postby 3Flushes » November 7th 2018, 6:32pm

Notched-stitched leather straps stink on divers-

Not bad looking; there are fans of the brand here but I just can't get into them.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » November 7th 2018, 6:58pm

When I first saw that a few months ago I really wanted one, but they looked like a PITA to get in the US.
Then I read more about it and saw the size. I'm no longer interested. at 40 mm and a lug of lug at 48-49 I might be.
Great brand and I really like the movement. I have a Tissot seastar that runs for forever with the Powermatic.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » November 7th 2018, 8:37pm

I really like a lot of the Certina divers; if I'm not mistaken, someone here own one of those. Sharp as a tack.

This watch, uh ... I understand why it was made, I'm sure the quality is there, but it just doesn't ring my bell. Can't even tell you why, it just doesn't do anything for me.
Proof that quartz is still not only viable, but sometimes, something to covet: Grand Seiko.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby bedlam » November 7th 2018, 9:14pm

Yum. Like it a lot

:johnboy:
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby conjurer » November 7th 2018, 10:28pm

Too big for me, but like Susan Boyle, it makes my John Thomas stand to.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Certina