“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Nomos Minimatik

Postby 3Flushes » October 8th 2018, 11:08am

About time these guys came out with something wildly different.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » October 8th 2018, 8:49pm

3Flushes wrote:About time these guys came out with something wildly different.

TMMLH, you crazy fuck.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mark1 » October 8th 2018, 10:46pm

It's not that I don't like the watch. The watch is fine. From what I have seen, Nomos seems to suffer from design tunnel vision. Everything is more or less the same. Reminds me in a way of Damasko, a brand I love which is also a one-trick pony.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Pubbie » October 9th 2018, 4:12am

Mark1 wrote:It's not that I don't like the watch. The watch is fine. From what I have seen, Nomos seems to suffer from design tunnel vision. Everything is more or less the same. Reminds me in a way of Damasko, a brand I love which is also a one-trick pony.

Their design may be singular, but their prices sure aren't. 10 micrograms of blue paint on the hands? Hand over another $1,750, you drooling e-hipster!
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » October 9th 2018, 5:52pm

Pubbie wrote:
Mark1 wrote:It's not that I don't like the watch. The watch is fine. From what I have seen, Nomos seems to suffer from design tunnel vision. Everything is more or less the same. Reminds me in a way of Damasko, a brand I love which is also a one-trick pony.

Their design may be singular, but their prices sure aren't. 10 micrograms of blue paint on the hands? Hand over another $1,750, you drooling e-hipster!

Ridiculous even if they really fire the damn things- how many handsets could they fire at once- 10,000? I like the damn things, the management not so much. I should have picked one up when foggy got his- money's gotten a little nuts.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Pubbie » October 10th 2018, 2:20am

3Flushes wrote:
Pubbie wrote:

Ridiculous even if they really fire the damn things- how many handsets could they fire at once- 10,000? I like the damn things, the management not so much. I should have picked one up when foggy got his- money's gotten a little nuts.

They were $900 ten years ago, with a speck better than the ones you can find today. They've hitched their price rises to the Rolex/Omega bandwagon and the interneterati are absolutely loving it.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Return to German Watches