Hamming it up memory lane

Affordable Watches

Hamming it up memory lane

Postby koimaster » March 16th 2015, 11:13am

I ran across these in my photos so I thought it might be fun to remember another tv hustler, Larry Magen. Between his acorn tv using copyrighted movies he did not have permission to air and his tv pitches, I could not resist bringing him back for a quick visit.

Larry and Tim "shut the fuck up" Temple

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY8dc4ag95A[/youtube]

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Hamming it up memory lane

Postby boscoe » March 16th 2015, 12:09pm

Yes, but he's not as cool as the guy who wore TWO watches at the same time. And I'm not talking about Mr. Left and Right Rolex Maradona, the soccer superstar
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby Wasp » March 16th 2015, 12:55pm

He shilled some abstract dialed watch that the host comment on to the effect..."This watch looks like you" Nightmares ever since. A black and white 1962 Twilight Zone episode for sure. I can not recall the name of the model. Someone post a pic of that watch . I cant find one. I think I have a psychopathic block or some bullshit like that. I need to confront my demons.
Cheers
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby TemerityB » March 16th 2015, 2:50pm

Ahh, Larry Magen. All those years shilling SO, and I can't recall him saying the word "China" once.

"Listen to the right voices, you make the right choices."

I know Hamilton did. :lol:
I would rather be seen wearing an Invicta than a Hublot - at least I can explain away the Invicta.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Horse Feathers » March 16th 2015, 3:12pm

You got to give Magen credit for reintroducing the Bouffant hairdo as an option for men.

Michael Landon was only able to take it so far, it needed the honed skills of a basic cable pitchman to take it where it is today.

Am certain on those dark winter nights, Larry plays one of his Judy Garland records, dresses in Joan Crawford inspired sleepwear (complete with a Buffalo Bill penis tuck) and reminisces about the days when he sold watches with a failure rate higher than a WIT at DeVry.

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » March 16th 2015, 3:17pm

Horse Feathers wrote:You got to give Magen credit for reintroducing the Bouffant hairdo as an option for men.

Michael Landon was only able to take it so far, it needed the honed skills of a basic cable pitchman to take it where it is today.

Am certain on those dark winter nights, Larry plays one of his Judy Garland records, dresses in Joan Crawford inspired sleepwear (complete with a Buffalo Bill penis tuck) and reminisces about the days when he sold watches with a failure rate higher than a WIT at DeVry.

Dang. Fuck.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » March 16th 2015, 7:54pm

conjurer wrote:
Horse Feathers wrote:You got to give Magen credit for reintroducing the Bouffant hairdo as an option for men.

Dang. Fuck.

Stellar.
I would rather be seen wearing an Invicta than a Hublot - at least I can explain away the Invicta.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » August 9th 2018, 8:29pm

HF bump.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to The Frugal Connoisseur's Corner