What Are Worser...

What Are Worser...

Postby conjurer » August 9th 2018, 6:54pm

TeeVee wartchs or microbrands? Discuss.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: What Are Worser...

Postby iwasbanned » August 9th 2018, 7:04pm

Teevee warches are the worst. Cause I said so.
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby iwasbanned » August 9th 2018, 7:04pm

End of discussion
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » August 9th 2018, 7:28pm

There is such a thing as good microbrand watches. It's a rare thing, but it exists. Was there any good watch sold on the telly, ever?
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

A man's got to know his limitations...
Inspector Harry Callahan

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » August 9th 2018, 8:13pm

I will call it a draw. I see no difference in Aragon, say, and Lew & Fucking Huey. And there are microbrands that make Invicta look like Vacheron Constantin.
Proof that quartz is still not only viable, but sometimes, something to covet: Grand Seiko.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » August 9th 2018, 8:16pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:There is such a thing as good microbrand watches. It's a rare thing, but it exists. Was there any good watch sold on the telly, ever?

Interestingly, way back around 2007 or so, Urine live (then called ShopNBC) had some decent offerings, although many were one or two time shots, like Seiko and Orient. Casio started showing on Urine some years ago, and still do; however, I'm sure their sales on a third rate home shopping network are pretty marginal. Philip Watch, Sector, and Chase Durer all showed pretty often on Shop as well back in the earlies.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » August 9th 2018, 8:17pm

TemerityB wrote:I will call it a draw. I see no difference in Aragon, say, and Lew & Fucking Huey. And there are microbrands that make Invicta look like Vacheron Constantin.

Pray tell, T; what are your thoughts on Lew & Huey?

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » August 9th 2018, 8:17pm

iwasbanned wrote:Teevee warches are the worst. Cause I said so.

TMMLH.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » August 9th 2018, 8:50pm

conjurer wrote:
Interestingly, way back around 2007 or so, Urine live (then called ShopNBC) had some decent offerings, although many were one or two time shots, like Seiko and Orient. Casio started showing on Urine some years ago, and still do; however, I'm sure their sales on a third rate home shopping network are pretty marginal. Philip Watch, Sector, and Chase Durer all showed pretty often on Shop as well back in the earlies.

As for your request, there's no way you're going to get me to spout off about choad-gobbling Lew and "Swallowin'" Huey again no matter how bad you try to goad me. No way. There's lot to admire about a company that sells 100 dollar watches for 850 bucks, those miserable scum-lappin' bags of puke (rest in peace, Kathleen Freeman).

When I first started "lookin' at" ShopNBC, they used to offer the brands conj talked about, as well as early SWI that would sell not only those decent autos they once had under their brand, but also gray market Bulova Accutron, Oris, and other such things at what I remember were eye-popping low prices, and there were, indeed, some deals to be had. Then Lalo's taint (as well as his taint, it's been rumored) started spreading, and now Evine is a worse schlock show than ever, featuring Eyal (now starring in Christopher Robin, I've heard) and his FH-besmirched trash, current Croton which looks like exactly like the type of watches you'd win for popping a balloon at the carnival, and the occasional visit by Master Wing, he of the garish day-glo colors, 60mm case sizes, and suits so skinny, he probably bought them from the G.I. Joe formal wear department at Used To Be Toys R Us.
Proof that quartz is still not only viable, but sometimes, something to covet: Grand Seiko.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » August 9th 2018, 8:58pm

TemerityB wrote:
conjurer wrote:

As for your request, there's no way you're going to get me to spout off about choad-gobbling Lew and "Swallowin'" Huey again no matter how bad you try to goad me. No way. There's lot to admire about a company that sells 100 dollar watches for 850 bucks, those miserable scum-lappin' bags of puke (rest in peace, Kathleen Freeman).

When I first started "lookin' at" ShopNBC, they used to offer the brands conj talked about, as well as early SWI that would sell not only those decent autos they once had under their brand, but also gray market Bulova Accutron, Oris, and other such things at what I remember were eye-popping low prices, and there were, indeed, some deals to be had. Then Lalo's taint (as well as his taint, it's been rumored) started spreading, and now Evine is a worse schlock show than ever, featuring Eyal (now starring in Christopher Robin, I've heard) and his FH-besmirched trash, current Croton which looks like exactly like the type of watches you'd win for popping a balloon at the carnival, and the occasional visit by Master Wing, he of the garish day-glo colors, 60mm case sizes, and suits so skinny, he probably bought them from the G.I. Joe formal wear department at Used To Be Toys R Us.

I raise a glass in your honor, T.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » August 10th 2018, 4:03am

It's iz 6 off one and 12 of the uther if you axe me.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby codguy » August 10th 2018, 4:54am

MKTheVintageBloke wrote: Was there any good watch sold on the telly, ever?

Yep, many.
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby Racer-X » August 10th 2018, 1:36pm

I got no problem with most micros.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby DocKlock » August 11th 2018, 6:34am

I've got a couple of NFW watches that I really like. Also have a orange dial tungsten Swiss Legend quartz that I've worn a lot and still looks like it just came out of the box. All were bought thru Slop TV.
DocKlock
Senior Member & WIS

Return to General Watch talk