Chopard Mille Miglia 2018 Race Edition

All things Swiss

Chopard Mille Miglia 2018 Race Edition

Postby Racer-X » August 8th 2018, 3:37pm

"Chopard celebrates its 30-year anniversary as the partner and official timekeeper of the Mille Miglia race with two limited edition chronographs designed to bring the spirit of this classic car rally to the wrist. Fitted with COSC-certified movements, both the stainless steel and the two-tone steel and rose gold model of the Mille Miglia 2018 Race Edition are more vintage-inspired than the Mille Miglia GTS Power Control Grigio Speciale watch - also launched at Baselworld 2018. Sporting handsome engine-turned dials to capture the look and feel of a vintage car dashboard, here are two watches that will fuel the fantasies of car/watch fanatics."

https://monochrome-watches.com/chopard-mille-miglia-2018-race-edition-hands-on-price/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Chopard Mille Miglia 2018 Race Edition

Postby foghorn » August 8th 2018, 3:54pm

I like this series. I had the 2001 version but sold it after a couple of years. I'm surprised they're still using the same movement/module combo 18 years later. It kind of sucked. Setting was a pain at times. Sometimes you'd set it and then the seconds hand would make a complete revolution before the minute hand would engage so you had to set it a minute fast to get the correct "to the minute" time. Of course when you did this it would be the one time out of 5 that the minute hand would engage immediately and you were still off by a minute.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » August 8th 2018, 4:05pm

foghorn wrote:I like this series. I had the 2001 version but sold it after a couple of years. I'm surprised they're still using the same movement/module combo 18 years later. It kind of sucked. Setting was a pain at times. Sometimes you'd set it and then the seconds hand would make a complete revolution before the minute hand would engage so you had to set it a minute fast to get the correct "to the minute" time. Of course when you did this it would be the one time out of 5 that the minute hand would engage immediately and you were still off by a minute.

It's difficult for me to imagine you owned a watch that cool, foggy. You must have got more pussy than the local animal shelter!!
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » August 8th 2018, 4:43pm

It's not that bad, just...too 1990s.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.
Voltaire
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » August 8th 2018, 5:10pm

A damned handsome watch. Nice to see they haven't departed too much from the classic model.
"Be careful with that axe, Eugene."
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby Pubbie » August 9th 2018, 1:05am

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:It's not that bad, just...too 1990s.

Looking around, I’m wondering if that’s such a bad thing : )
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Swiss Watches