The Master (De-Pantsed): Liang Using Kickstarter

Invicta topics, Android/Aragon. Gervil, Swiss Legend & such

The Master (De-Pantsed): Liang Using Kickstarter

Postby TemerityB » May 15th 2018, 10:47am

First Stain Betosh, now Master Wing: From all accounts, Wing Liang's floundering Aragon, formerly Android until the name change under "rather mysterious circumstances," is now pre-financing his latest monstrosities on StartKicker to the usual array of dupes.

But don't take my word for it.

I'd attach the actual video, which is hilarious, but my work computer is a Commodore 64 and doesn't cotton to no fancy book learnin'.
Proof that quartz is still not only viable, but sometimes, something to covet: Grand Seiko.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: The Master De-Pantsed: Liang Using Kickstarter

Postby koimaster » May 18th 2018, 4:57pm

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: The Master (De-Pantsed): Liang Using Kickstarter

Postby Racer-X » May 18th 2018, 5:59pm

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby svaglic » May 18th 2018, 7:55pm

Why would you brag about a titanium case and bracelet then ip coat it? Wouldn't that be like ip coating a bronze watch?
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » May 18th 2018, 8:35pm

svaglic wrote:Why would you brag about a titanium case and bracelet then ip coat it? Wouldn't that be like ip coating a bronze watch?

Usually - but ya gotta remember the Android audience - the bigger and gaudier the better.
Proof that quartz is still not only viable, but sometimes, something to covet: Grand Seiko.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby codguy » May 19th 2018, 7:51am

kant watch the video the libary computer doesnt not let video watching....
does this hear watch com with a warlet and a key fob?
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby TemerityB » May 19th 2018, 8:12am

codguy wrote:kant watch the video the libary computer doesnt not let video watching....
does this hear watch com with a warlet and a key fob?

Or, at the very least, be packed in a plastic case that only holds the one watch, making it useful for absolutely nothing at all?

Finally clicked the link; I loved this line: "This watch retains its extremely large size."
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » May 19th 2018, 8:41am

svaglic wrote:Why would you brag about a titanium case and bracelet then ip coat it? Wouldn't that be like ip coating a bronze watch?

Quite so. The advantages with titanium are two: the lower weight, and the pretty cool color, which is slightly darker than stainless steel. The disadvantages of TI is that it's soft, and picks up scratches from just sitting there and looking at it. Now, you can do what Citizen and Seiko do, with is using some fine Asian alchemy on it to keep the color and protecting it from scratches, with Diashield, or you can IP plate it, which takes away the color of the raw TI, and not really making it scratch-resistant. However, you gain the advantage of wearing a lighter dinner plate on the wrist.

Geek problem solved!!
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mark1 » May 19th 2018, 1:06pm

I guess TV wartch sales ain't what they used to be.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » May 19th 2018, 2:42pm

Mark1 wrote:I guess TV wartch sales ain't what they used to be.

Yeah. This is usually the spot on an Android/Aragon thread where someone chimes in with "at least Wing fixes his watches" and/or "he's got good customer service," and I'm sure that's all true, and, yeah, that puts him 50 years ahead of SL and Invicter and the like. However, there is no excuse for "divers" that are 48 to 62mm and 17 to 19mm thick ... unless you're on hold waiting for Today's Top Value before it "sells out" - or for resorting to OPM via StartKicker while braying about how successful you are to an audience of shut-ins, simpletons, and seniors.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby 3Flushes » May 19th 2018, 10:49pm

TemerityB wrote:
Mark1 wrote:I guess TV wartch sales ain't what they used to be.

Yeah. This is usually the spot on an Android/Aragon thread where someone chimes in with "at least Wing fixes his watches" and/or "he's got good customer service," and I'm sure that's all true, and, yeah, that puts him 50 years ahead of SL and Invicter and the like. However, there is no excuse for "divers" that are 48 to 62mm and 17 to 19mm thick ... unless you're on hold waiting for Today's Top Value before it "sells out" - or for resorting to OPM via StartKicker while braying about how successful you are to an audience of shut-ins, simpletons, and seniors.

If that kid in the video hadn't shown the receipt for the damn thing I never would have believed it in a million years; that guy is getting $600 for those fucking things, preordered yet.
Still reeling them in, such as their dwindling numbers (or are they?) still swim in the ocean on the Swissness hook.

For the love of God, what do we have to do?
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » May 20th 2018, 6:09am

Over $100K raised on the three projects. Evidently it doesn't take many idiots when you charge $800 a pop. Wow.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » May 20th 2018, 8:18am

3Flushes wrote:

Point and laugh. Now we have this influx of seedy micros as well as TV crud. Plenty o' laughs, and lessons to be not learned. :wink:
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby codguy » May 20th 2018, 8:30am

TemerityB wrote:
3Flushes wrote:

Now we have this influx of seedy micros as well as TV crud.

And the influx of bloggers that gush over micros as well.

Point and laugh indeed.
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby TemerityB » May 20th 2018, 2:45pm

codguy wrote:
TemerityB wrote:
3Flushes wrote:

Now we have this influx of seedy micros as well as TV crud.

And the influx of bloggers that gush over micros as well.

You got that right.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » August 9th 2018, 3:19pm

How is master ding dong doing these days?

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby conjurer » August 9th 2018, 3:29pm

koimaster wrote:How is master ding dong doing these days?

Interestingly, I checked the Urine website, and Master Praying Mantis Wing will be on today at 4:00PM Pacific time!! And, he'll be on with Skip Connelly, who by now must be officially older than dirt.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » August 9th 2018, 6:33pm

conjurer wrote:
koimaster wrote:How is master ding dong doing these days?

Interestingly, I checked the Urine website, and Master Praying Mantis Wing will be on today at 4:00PM Pacific time!! And, he'll be on with Skip Connelly, who by now must be officially older than dirt.

Holy shit - for the first time in ages, I flicked on Blovine, and there was Liang on the left and Connelly on the right - and during the few seconds I watches, Skip blurted out that he was 60 years old.

I did notice that the two or three watches the Master trotted out were available in 40mms and the usual 50+ mms. Also, it seems that Liang now makes four or five appearances on Blovine each year - and that's all.

As I write this, there's a complete dolt on there "repping" Bulova, which is complete bullshit because the Bulova that Blovine sells is gray market. I don't know who this new talking head is, but he's rambling incoherently about nothing at all. Edox is on at 10, so I'll have to at least peek, heaven help me.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » August 9th 2018, 8:20pm

Alas, I missed the Edox show; I just tuned in to the Urine during the Seahawks-Colts halftime, and there was Invicter. Did they have anything good on?

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » August 9th 2018, 8:40pm

conjurer wrote:Alas, I missed the Edox show; I just tuned in to the Urine during the Seahawks-Colts halftime, and there was Invicter. Did they have anything good on?

Both the Edox and Bulova shows featured discontinued models for the most part (I didn't watch all but I watched some). I neglected to get the "brand rep's" name, but he's new, he's completely unqualified to be around both a TV microphone and a watch, and made a lot of comments like "this comes in at 45mm, which is just phenomenal for the guys." I shut it off; I don't need to support a bad company run by idiots (Evine's history of selling returned watches as new ones alone makes them not worthy to trade with, and prices be damned).
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to Invicta & other TV shit - No Spin Zone