REVIEW: RAVEN VENTURE

Micro-Brands discussed here

REVIEW: RAVEN VENTURE

Postby koimaster » May 12th 2018, 10:26pm

While Raven Watches began about ten years ago with several Submariner-type homage watches, the past few years have seen the brand expand and come into their own with models that have broken somewhat with the vintage-inspired conventions of their beginnings. Recently, I had the opportunity to take one of Raven’s relatively new offerings, the Venture, out for a spin. How did it stack up to my expectations? Let’s delve right in.

http://wornandwound.com/review/review-raven-venture/

And at wit

http://watchintyme.com/showthread.php?5 ... ay-11-2018

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: REVIEW: RAVEN VENTURE

Postby bedlam » May 12th 2018, 10:58pm

A picture is better than a thousand words. Dear Mr Raven, anyone who randomises the key visual features on a dive watch bezel is a dick. Your's is such a mess it even confused the reviewer. Try again.

"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby bobbee » May 13th 2018, 2:44am

"come into their own with models that have broken somewhat with the vintage-inspired conventions of their beginnings."?
With more vintage Rolex sub/Tudor Ranger elements than you can shake a stick at? Along with that daft bezel?

Coming into their own hands, more like...
"O' cruel fate, to be thusly boned! Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee." ~ Bender Bending Rodriguez

"My father is a mountain, my mother is a washing machine." ~ Cory Doctorow
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » May 13th 2018, 4:26am

The dial and hands are obviously a Rolex and Tudor "hommidge", but all in all they're not bad, save for being slightly boring.
But that bezel... Who was he, the fucking pillock, who thougt that this pile of rubbish will be useful even as an egg-timer, let alone for diving?
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » May 13th 2018, 8:39am

Interestingly, the bezel gives me a boner. I really hate it when they put too many markings on the bezel--it looks too busy. Broads like a minimalist bezel. One day I was wearing my SKX007 at work, and a hot, barely legal teen babe started coming on to me because I had properly pronounced "Verlaine." Then she saw my watch, pouted, and said "if that bezel was less busy, I would have taken you out behind the store and sucked your dick next to the Dumpster."

If this watch came with an orange dial, I'd have been on it like a pitbull on a poodle.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » May 13th 2018, 10:11am

I've seen far worse, but as a diver, as bed noted, it seems severely lacking and I'd wager, as pictured, the color of the dial would make it pretty hard to read underwater - and if it kinda sorta looks like a diver isn't really one, why not just buy a Croton Aquamatic for $55 and call it a day? They have screw-down crowns too, ya know.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Falstaff » May 14th 2018, 8:27am

conjurer wrote:Interestingly, the bezel gives me a boner. I really hate it when they put too many markings on the bezel--it looks too busy. Broads like a minimalist bezel. One day I was wearing my SKX007 at work, and a hot, barely legal teen babe started coming on to me because I had properly pronounced "Verlaine." Then she saw my watch, pouted, and said "if that bezel was less busy, I would have taken you out behind the store and sucked your dick next to the Dumpster."

If this watch came with an orange dial, I'd have been on it like a pitbull on a poodle.

Humbert, you dog....
"General, those brave men will not surrender - what shall we do?"
"Kill them all then, colonel. I would not have them be brave in the Devil's service!"

Major Gen'l. Thomas J. Jackson CSA
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » May 14th 2018, 9:00am

Falstaff wrote:
conjurer wrote:Interestingly, the bezel gives me a boner. I really hate it when they put too many markings on the bezel--it looks too busy. Broads like a minimalist bezel. One day I was wearing my SKX007 at work, and a hot, barely legal teen babe started coming on to me because I had properly pronounced "Verlaine." Then she saw my watch, pouted, and said "if that bezel was less busy, I would have taken you out behind the store and sucked the sceptre of my passion next to the Dumpster."

Humbert, you dog....

Sorry. Fixed.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Micro-Brands