New to the forum - Jonbrit

Re: New to the forum

Postby Wasp » February 2nd 2018, 7:20am

Pubbie wrote:
smellody wrote:Oh my God! I thought we were building a wall for these kinds of situations.

Well, Trump did wonder why they were getting so many people from shithole countries... and last time I went to New York it was like walking onto the set of fucking Downton abbey. A shit ton of displaced Londoners and one token American :)

...depends where you walk now doesn't it.
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby JontheBrit » February 4th 2018, 6:40am

Hello all thanks for some amusing and some normal welcomes!

A couple of you suggested letting you know what watches I collected. Normally I like vintage mechanical watches. Have a birth year omega Geneva, this is the one they started it all really. I wanted a flatter crystal ideally sapphire crystal it went to watch shop then got sent to a watch omega and came back with an even more convex crystal not sapphire- bugger :(

Next watch that has survived is a citizen automatic diver I liked the dial it also has day and date; useful when working shift and not knowing what day it is. My best mate gave me a tag heuer F600 midsize quartz, I also have a heuer diver mid size quartz.
MESSERSCHMITT 24 HOUR WATCH WITH A LUMINOUS DIAL present from my wife don't really like it (but have to keep it, happy wife happy life).
Skagen carbon fiber dial titanium case used it when a student nurse.
Seiko chronograph titanium it's so cool. Precista chronograph from time factors.
A civvy Smith's watch

A 1969 Smith's W10, Cwc w10 1979 mechanical, cwc 1980 first year of quartz issued to military. Precista 1984 6bb 2 of them,one in bits one working. Various cwc g10s. 1982 fat boy case Precista first military watch I bought, needs quartz movement replaced.
3 www Timor, record and vertex

Then a few atps my real weakness.

And
that is mostly it.
JontheBrit

Postby biglove » February 4th 2018, 7:03am

Nice eclectic group. Photos are always appreciated.

A nurse? Are you a Nancy boy?

Oh, wait, I am a nurse too. RN 28 years here in the States.

What’s your area of practice?
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby bobbee » February 4th 2018, 7:49am

If he's a Nancy like you say biglove, maybe it's around the arse? :lol:

JK.
"O' cruel fate, to be thusly boned! Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee." ~ Bender Bending Rodriguez

"My father is a mountain, my mother is a washing machine." ~ Cory Doctorow
bobbee
Master of Time

Re: intro

Postby JontheBrit » February 4th 2018, 8:07am

The only thing Nancy about me is I like the song Nancy Boy by placebo. I spent 13 years in the RAF went on a 6 month deployment with 3 days notice in support of Afghanistan because I annoyed my boss and came back engaged to a US pilot, we're married and we have a son.

If you consider yourself a good runner maybe this Nancy boy will challenge you to a half marathon, I've retired from marathons did my sub 3 don't have time to train for anymore.

Or maybe you could show me how to work hard in a spin class I'm also a spinning instructor.

Have worked step down, trauma ICU, neuro ICU now work for EP surgeons in a cardiac physician office.
JontheBrit

Postby JontheBrit » February 4th 2018, 8:09am

Oh and no I'm no offended just having a laugh :)

Jon
JontheBrit

Postby 3Flushes » February 4th 2018, 8:40am

JontheBrit wrote:Have worked step down, trauma ICU, neuro ICU now work for EP surgeons in a cardiac physician office.

All that heart-racing, adrenaline junky shit, and in battle conditions on top of it, just to wind up in an OR handing surgeons pacemakers, and wires, and replacing batteries and wiring up ECG's for people with no rhythm?

Your old-lady make ya puss out like that?

I actually think you're gonna work out right nicely here, nursey-boy.

Fuck, just look at how well we manned up nurse Biglove... now what to do about his scatologicality?... perhaps you have some ideas.

P.S. Not that it has much to do with the joint or anything, but it sounds like you have some pretty cool watches.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bobbee » February 4th 2018, 8:53am

It appears we have some things in common, I love Nancy Boy by Placebo, I used to own a Messerschmitt 24 hour watch that I sold on eBay about eight years ago, and a carbon dial titanium Skagen too.
Running? A temperature maybe...
I sometimes dress up as a nurse, but no qualifications. :)

Perhaps Don of the dead could get your help with formalin supplies...
"O' cruel fate, to be thusly boned! Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee." ~ Bender Bending Rodriguez

bobbee
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » February 4th 2018, 9:30am

What are your opinions on the Smiths Everest???
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » February 4th 2018, 9:57am

conjurer wrote:What are your opinions on the Smiths Everest???

Goddammit this is my ballbusting line !!!!

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » February 4th 2018, 3:26pm

JontheBrit wrote:A couple of you suggested letting you know what watches I collected. Normally I like vintage mechanical watches.

Welcome to the club, then!

JontheBrit wrote:Have a birth year omega Geneva, this is the one they started it all really.

The collection was called Geneve, not Geneva. Started out in the 1950s as a collection just a tier below the Constellation, in the 1960s it was reduced to the rank of an entry level colection. The 1960s and 1970s models were a mix of sporty, casual and slightly avant-garde pieces.

JontheBrit wrote:I wanted a flatter crystal ideally sapphire crystal it went to watch shop then got sent to a watch omega and came back with an even more convex crystal not sapphire- bugger :(

I don't mean to be impolite, but how the fuck were they supposed to put a sapphire crystal on a case designed to take a hesalite one? Most models, even if with a flat dial, had the pinions sticking out above the bezel level, so a low-dome or flat crystal is out of question. Before you say "but Speedmasters are available with hesalite and sapphire, so why impossible", it needs to be remembered, that the case design in both is not identical, that difference coming from them having been designed for taking a different crystal alright.
Also, never have the manufacturer service a vintage watch. Never. They love to swap or repaint dials, do crappy relume jobs, swap the hands for ones not necessarily correct, and to attack the case with a dremel and Cape Cods. The Omega service is notorious for killing the collectible value of watches, and disrespecting the customer's guidelines for what is and what is not to be refinished or swapped.

JontheBrit wrote:A 1969 Smith's W10, Cwc w10 1979 mechanical, cwc 1980 first year of quartz issued to military. Precista 1984 6bb 2 of them,one in bits one working. Various cwc g10s. 1982 fat boy case Precista first military watch I bought, needs quartz movement replaced.
3 www Timor, record and vertex

Then a few atps my real weakness.

Would love to see the pics of these.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.
Voltaire
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » February 4th 2018, 3:38pm

I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » February 4th 2018, 8:40pm

Heh heh
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby catnap » February 5th 2018, 6:20am

Christ almighty, this went to shit sooner than expected.
There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.
catnap
Watchlord WIS

Re: New to the forum - Jonbrit

Postby koimaster » February 5th 2018, 1:16pm

Well now, had to move some of the posts into the political shithole forum. try not letting it go that far off the rails into the political area in public threads please.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby catnap » February 5th 2018, 2:42pm

JontheBrit wrote:The only thing Nancy about me is I like the song Nancy Boy by placebo. I spent 13 years in the RAF went on a 6 month deployment with 3 days notice in support of Afghanistan because I annoyed my boss and came back engaged to a US pilot, we're married and we have a son.

If you consider yourself a good runner maybe this Nancy boy will challenge you to a half marathon, I've retired from marathons did my sub 3 don't have time to train for anymore.

Or maybe you could show me how to work hard in a spin class I'm also a spinning instructor.

Have worked step down, trauma ICU, neuro ICU now work for EP surgeons in a cardiac physician office.

Spandex or Lycra when your spinning, Airman?
There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.
catnap
Watchlord WIS

Postby biglove » February 5th 2018, 5:40pm

koimaster wrote:Well now, had to move some of the posts into the political shithole forum. try not letting it go that far off the rails into the political area in public threads please.

Damn, this must have gone Cecil south in all fire hurry?!
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Pubbie » February 6th 2018, 4:17am

Wasp wrote:
Pubbie wrote:
smellody wrote:Oh my God! I thought we were building a wall for these kinds of situations.

Well, Trump did wonder why they were getting so many people from shithole countries... and last time I went to New York it was like walking onto the set of fucking Downton abbey. A shit ton of displaced Londoners and one token American :)

...depends where you walk now doesn't it.

Well that's true, but it's true of a lot more places now than it used to be - huge parts of London don't have any Londoners in them either.

...cos they're all in New York. Or Australia. Or Spain. Or Northern Cyprus!
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bobbee » February 6th 2018, 4:59am

catnap wrote:
JontheBrit wrote:The only thing Nancy about me is I like the song Nancy Boy by placebo. I spent 13 years in the RAF went on a 6 month deployment with 3 days notice in support of Afghanistan because I annoyed my boss and came back engaged to a US pilot, we're married and we have a son.

Whalebone for me.

bobbee
Master of Time

Postby koimaster » February 6th 2018, 9:47am

why do I feel like I am attending a fashion show for nurses?

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby ocean » February 6th 2018, 12:50pm

WTF?
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
ocean
Master of Time

Postby ocean » February 6th 2018, 1:36pm

Your safe word is Pineapples!
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
ocean
Master of Time

Postby JontheBrit » February 7th 2018, 4:21am

OK what's the best affordable Tudor? Those snow flake hands have become rather appealing!
JontheBrit

Postby JontheBrit » February 7th 2018, 4:25am

conjurer wrote:

It's an OK watch, don't have one and it's not on my list.

sorry for the delay
JontheBrit

Postby JontheBrit » February 7th 2018, 4:29am

bobbee wrote:
catnap wrote:

Whalebone for me.

Mountain bike shorts I sing dig spandex (I also don't dig the bullshit wool wool crap in spinning but don't tell anyone) my Sunday's afternoon spin class in Pittsburgh used to have rock power and indie tracks helping everyone along :)
JontheBrit

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome! Introduce Yourself