New to the forum - Jonbrit

New to the forum - Jonbrit

Postby JontheBrit » January 30th 2018, 10:07am

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum, normally I'm into military watches but it's my birthday today, 37 again ;) and I have decided to try to get a watch that I've been after for years so the search begins, anyone have or know the where abouts of a SEIKO SKXA47 AKA White Knight for sale
JontheBrit

Re: New to the forum

Postby koimaster » January 30th 2018, 10:22am

JontheBrit wrote:Hi everyone I'm new to this forum, normally I'm into military watches but it's my birthday today, 37 again ;) and I have decided to try to get a watch that I've been after for years so the search begins, anyone have or know the where abouts of a SEIKO SKXA47 AKA White Knight for sale

I suppose a welcome to the forum is in order. I might suggest a bit more information about you and your watch habit and then post in the Want to buy section but as a newbie here you would not know to do that. Let the ball breaking begin and it is all in good fun here. Part of the welcoming ritual at times.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » January 30th 2018, 11:06am

Some watch pics, or it didn't happen.

Brace for impact and cover yer balls, for they're about to be broken. Well, they surely will be broken when the resident ballbreakers deliver a round of welcoming barrage.

Welcome to the horological madhouse, by the way.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

A man's got to know his limitations...
Inspector Harry Callahan

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby Wasp » January 30th 2018, 11:25am

White Knight...?? trigger words. Severe disadvantage at onset.
Pass on the watch until you get this:
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Racer-X » January 30th 2018, 12:02pm

Welcome, Jon. I’d skip the Seiko and look for a Tudor Grantour.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Thunder1 » January 30th 2018, 12:03pm

Welcome to the asylum, sir...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bobbee » January 30th 2018, 12:18pm

Welcome to the land of the fey and the home of the ghey, from another Brit.
"O' cruel fate, to be thusly boned! Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee." ~ Bender Bending Rodriguez

"My father is a mountain, my mother is a washing machine." ~ Cory Doctorow
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby biglove » January 30th 2018, 2:24pm

Hidey-Ho!
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mark1 » January 30th 2018, 2:56pm

Welcome to WatchLords, if offered, stay away from the Pineapple.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby JontheBrit » January 30th 2018, 2:59pm

Thanks for the welcomes peeps yes I'm after a white knight yup rather rare I know, but I do have some mighty fine Darjeeling the champagne of tea you know!
JontheBrit

Postby Mortuus Fakeuus » January 30th 2018, 3:40pm

Welcome to the forum, Jon; it's always good to see yet another UK member show up on our shores. Please allow me the pleasure of wishing you yet another happy 37th birthday, mon ami; I myself just "celebrated" my seventeenth consecutive 42nd birthday a couple weeks back, so I'm doubly glad to see you.

As our Illustrious Leader wrote above, we would genuinely love to hear more about you; what you do, what family you may have, and, most importantly, what type of watches are already in your collection. Pictures are always a plus, especially for those who, such as yourself, love to use run-on sentences and random punctuation, something we're taught not to do at a very young age over here. Of course, we're also taught about basic dental health and the consumption of good, healthy food; no fish 'n chips, bangers & mash, or bubble & squeak for us.

Of course, being a conscientious and unassuming Anglophile, I must apologize for the silly little twat we've sent over there for Prince Henry to become enamored with; hopefully, he'll come to his senses and find a nice English girl to settle down with, like William did.

But I digress...

DO feel welcome to Watchlords, sir, and we'll gladly help you with your English language troubles whenever we can.

Toodles,

Don of the Dead
"Great wisdom is generous; petty wisdom is contentious. Great speech is impassioned, small speech is cantankerous" - Zhuangzi
Mortuus Fakeuus
Banned

Postby Falstaff » January 30th 2018, 3:43pm

Kee-rist - another Brit? Can't we get some goddamn Norwegians over here? We're gonna have to build a wall....
"Be careful with that axe, Eugene."
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby itfc1959 » January 30th 2018, 4:21pm

Take no notice of these cocks. That Seiko is a mighty fine watch.

Howdy, btw
itfc1959
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » January 30th 2018, 5:06pm

Welcome, goddamn it!
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » January 30th 2018, 5:16pm

Welcome to Watchlords- the joint's more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » January 30th 2018, 5:34pm

Welcome. I'm sure we can make room for one more whiny POM.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby catnap » January 31st 2018, 12:29pm

Welcome Jack. Are you normally into military uniforms too?
There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.
catnap
Watchlord WIS

Postby gerdson » January 31st 2018, 1:41pm

Another victim of the Brexit seeking asylum. Willkommen verdammt.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » January 31st 2018, 2:13pm

Hi.
Proof that quartz is still not only viable, but sometimes, something to covet: Grand Seiko.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby smellody » January 31st 2018, 6:17pm

Oh my God! I thought we were building a wall for these kinds of situations.
smellody

Postby smellody » January 31st 2018, 6:22pm

smellody wrote:Oh my God! I thought we were building a wall for these kinds of situations.

I'm just kidding. I much prefer the British Isles. Hello from the colonies.

Are you related to Hans Wildorf?
smellody

Postby artman » January 31st 2018, 10:31pm

Mortuus wrote:Welcome to the forum, Jon; it's always good to see yet another UK member show up on our shores. Please allow me the pleasure of wishing you yet another happy 37th birthday, mon ami; I myself just "celebrated" my seventeenth consecutive 42nd birthday a couple weeks back, so I'm doubly glad to see you.

As our Illustrious Leader wrote above, we would genuinely love to hear more about you; what you do, what family you may have, and, most importantly, what type of watches are already in your collection. Pictures are always a plus, especially for those who, such as yourself, love to use run-on sentences and random punctuation, something we're taught not to do at a very young age over here. Of course, we're also taught about basic dental health and the consumption of good, healthy food; no fish 'n chips, bangers & mash, or bubble & squeak for us.

Of course, being a conscientious and unassuming Anglophile, I must apologize for the silly little twat we've sent over there for Prince Henry to become enamored with; hopefully, he'll come to his senses and find a nice English girl to settle down with, like William did.

But I digress...

DO feel welcome to Watchlords, sir, and we'll gladly help you with your English language troubles whenever we can.

Toodles,

Don of the Dead

I think Princess Meghan has a nice ring to it! It's about time the royal family got some variety in their gene pool.
artman
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » January 31st 2018, 10:42pm

artman wrote:
Mortuus wrote:Welcome to the forum, Jon; it's always good to see yet another UK member show up on our shores. Please allow me the pleasure of wishing you yet another happy 37th birthday, mon ami; I myself just "celebrated" my seventeenth consecutive 42nd birthday a couple weeks back, so I'm doubly glad to see you.

But I digress...

Toodles,

Don of the Dead

I think Princess Meghan has a nice ring to it! It's about time the royal family got some variety in their gene pool.

Yup. It'll allow their blood to clot and shit.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Pubbie » February 1st 2018, 1:41am

smellody wrote:Oh my God! I thought we were building a wall for these kinds of situations.

Well, Trump did wonder why they were getting so many people from shithole countries... and last time I went to New York it was like walking onto the set of fucking Downton abbey. A shit ton of displaced Londoners and one token American :)
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Eldan » February 1st 2018, 1:58am

Googled that Seiko. Very nice!
Eldan
Senior Member & WIS

Next

Return to Welcome! Introduce Yourself