E.C.A Calypso Watch

Watches and such at Kickstarter.

E.C.A Calypso Watch

Postby koimaster » January 12th 2018, 3:38pm

Starting from the custom-made buckle, tailor-made calf leather strap, a sandblasted watch case with polished bevels that harmoniously swirl around the edges from lug to lug, unique modern indices on a radial gradient dial in semi-gloss ocean blue finish, nesting securely under the specially crafted "Bohuslän" arrow hands. The three-tone, one-of-a-kind rotor is displayed proudly thru the sapphire crystal back-plate, powering the Swiss ETA 2824-2 movement. We are so confident in Calypso’s abilities that we set up a Performance Center just to prove the reliability of each individual watch.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... ypso-watch

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: E.C.A Calypso Watch

Postby conjurer » January 12th 2018, 3:43pm

These clowns can harmoniously swirl their tongues around my salty balls.
I received unexpected shit news today. Yes it hit me hard, but the new me will embrace it, hugging the fuck out of the negativity until it becomes a positive!

--Bazinga!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby EV2DEMON » January 12th 2018, 4:24pm

We are so confident in Calypso’s abilities that we set up a Performance Center just to prove the reliability of each individual watch.

I guess this does sound better than "We snagged a timegrapher for $89 last prime week and can now print cool looking graphs."
EV2DEMON

Postby biglove » January 12th 2018, 5:52pm

$4900 USD? In their dreams...
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » January 12th 2018, 7:50pm

North of 1200 for another boring ETA 2824-powered Kickstarter microbrand watch? May Ron Jeremy fuck them in the ear.

The design doesn't orally stimulate lingam - I actually kind of like it. Dunno, something "early 1970s" about it sings to me.

But still, something stinks here, more than the oh-so-very Swedish Surstromming.

No, it's not the watch that rapes my nostrils with that stench. It's the manufacturer's advertising and rhetoric.

The Calypso: A True High-End Watch

OK, so it looks nice, but an integrated bracelet doesn't make it a PP Nautilus, AP RO, or VC Overseas. Is it a PP? a VC? No? Then fuck off, you and your pesty little slogans! Fuck me! Can't they really hire one person with a brain bigger than a peanut, and with the slightest amount of grey matter in the area responsible for creativity?!

...unique modern indices on a radial gradient dial in semi-gloss ocean blue finish, nesting securely under the specially crafted "Bohuslän" arrow hands.

This is more ghey than the ghey Kevin Spacey's ghey scenes in House of Cards. Also, Bohuslan hands? Fancy fucking name for something quite as obviously generic. Hour hand design filched from a ton of 1960s generic diver and pseudo-diver watches, minute hand design straight out of the new Favre-Leuba divers.

We are so confident in Calypso’s abilities that we set up a Performance Center just to prove the reliability of each individual watch.

Does it mean that they have installed an "accuracy app" on their iPhones?

Movement and Rotor, a two-stage rocket that separates us from the competition.

Boring, fuck off.

The movement has been regulated to top-tier accuracy and been equipped with our own, in-house designed rotor

Boring, boring, boring, BORING! I haven't been quite as unexcited since I've tried to read a single chapter by Jane-fucking-Austen.

You will have as much time as you want to study the works of the movement thru the AR-coated sapphire crystal.

IT'S "THROUGH", NOT "THRU!" YOU'RE RUNNING A FUCKING WATCH COMPANY, NOT A KFC JOINT!

Although a totally new design, the case has an iconic look to it

Yes, it is iconic, because Omega used it north of 40 years ago in more than a few Seamaster and Geneve models, dirt common ones on top of that. So, no, not "new."

Made from sandblasted 316L stainless steel with carefully polished edges that run thru the case like the flow of water.

The link between the lugs is our way to connect your watch to our current and future strap options. It not only looks appealing, the use of a connector link makes the strap sit far more secure than on a conventional watch, thanks to the deep spring bar cut and screw-in bar.

WE NEED YOUR HELP TO ACHIVE FULL SCALE PRODUCTION

No, you don't need help, you need a fucking dictionary.

Creating versatile watches with high quality, developed to endure all challenges, occasions, and environments in your daily life.

In Sweden, that would probably mean that the watch is capable of withstanding an attack of a Jihadist or a rapist, plenty of whom they are so glad to keep running at large, in the name of turning the place into a "safe space" for anyone except their own citizens.

E.C.Andersson Watch Co. has embodied the Scandinavian design language, not by studying it, but as a given natural course.

Does it mean they were staring at a 1990s Volvo estate car, or at a moose jaked on rotten apples fucking a 1990s Volvo estate car?

That's it, I'm done. Their drivel has my patience on the verge of overheating.
Last edited by MKTheVintageBloke on January 13th 2018, 2:17pm, edited 1 time in total.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » January 12th 2018, 8:00pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:North of 1200 for another boring ETA 2824-powered Kickstarter microbrand watch? May Ron Jeremy fuck them in the ear.

The design doesn't orally stimulate lingam - I actually kind of like it. Dunno, something "early 1970s" about it sings to me.

But still, something stinks here, more than the oh-so-very Swedish Surstromming.

No, it's not the watch that rapes my nostrils with that stench. It's the manufacturer's advertising and rhetoric.

The Calypso: A True High-End Watch

OK, so it looks nice, but an integrated bracelet doesn't make it a PP Nautilus, AP RO, or VC Overseas. Is it a PP? a VC? No? Then fuck off, you and your pesty little slogans! Fuck me! Can't they really hire one person with a brain bigger than a peanut, and with the slightest amount of grey matter in the area responsible for creativity?!

...unique modern indices on a radial gradient dial in semi-gloss ocean blue finish, nesting securely under the specially crafted "Bohuslän" arrow hands.

This is more ghey than the ghey Kevin Spacey's ghey scenes in House of Cards. Also, Bohuslan hands? Fancy fucking name for something quite as obviously generic. Hour hand design filched from a ton of 1960s generic diver and pseudo-diver watches, minute hand design straight out of the new Favre-Leuba divers.

Does it mean that they have installed an "accuracy app" on their iPhones?

Movement and Rotor, a two-stage rocket that separates us from the competition.

Boring, fuck off.

The movement has been regulated to top-tier accuracy and been equipped with our own, in-house designed rotor

Boring, boring, boring, BORING! I haven't been quite as unexcited since I've tried to read a single chapter byJane-fucking-Austen.

You will have as much time as you want to study the works of the movement thru the AR-coated sapphire crystal.

IT'S "THROUGH", NOT "THRU!" YOU'RE RUNNING A FUCKING WATCH COMPANY, NOT A KFC JOINT!

Although a totally new design, the case has an iconic look to it

Yes, it is iconic, because Omega used it north of 40 years ago in more than a few Seamaster and Geneve models, dirt common ones on top of that. So, no, not "new."

Made from sandblasted 316L stainless steel with carefully polished edges that run thru the case like the flow of water.

The link between the lugs is our way to connect your watch to our current and future strap options. It not only looks appealing, the use of a connector link makes the strap sit far more secure than on a conventional watch, thanks to the deep spring bar cut and screw-in bar.

WE NEED YOUR HELP TO ACHIVE FULL SCALE PRODUCTION

No, you don't need help, you need a fucking dictionary.

Creating versatile watches with high quality, developed to endure all challenges, occasions, and environments in your daily life.

In Sweden, that would probably mean that the watch is capable withstanding an attack of a Jihadist or a rapist, plenty of whom they are so glad to keep running at large, in the name of turning the place into a "safe space" for anyone except their own citizens.

E.C.Andersson Watch Co. has embodied the Scandinavian design language, not by studying it, but as a given natural course.

Does it mean they were staring at a 1990s Volvo estate car, or at a moose jaked on rotten apples fucking a 1990s Volvo estate car?

That's it, I'm done. Their drivel has my patience on the verge of overheating.

Dang.
I received unexpected shit news today. Yes it hit me hard, but the new me will embrace it, hugging the fuck out of the negativity until it becomes a positive!

--Bazinga!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » January 12th 2018, 9:25pm

Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby 3Flushes » January 12th 2018, 10:44pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:...That's it, I'm done. Their drivel has my patience on the verge of overheating.

On the verge? :lol:

They must use the same proof reader as the White House.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Kickstarter/Crowd Funding Projects