AN INVICTA STORY

AN INVICTA STORY

Postby Guest » July 28th 2010, 1:13am

It's 4 o'clock in the morning at 8500 ft next to the continental divide in Colorado. After reading all the posts for months and contributing here to most, I thought about my Infuckya collection............I have over 50 watches, 24 of which are Invicta. I have never paid more than 400 bucks for a watch. Last nite I decided to put on a san3 gold tone, blue dial, 5040d(i think)day, date ronda, and charged it up for 30 secs. went to bed. woke up at 330 and it was still glowing.nice. I own 4 san3"s. I like them, and fuck all ya all that dont. I dont need to go into the politics, I'm with ya. but this watch is sweet. I am writing this just to say that all is NOT bad with this brand........yeah, I hate the dickheads that sell them, yeah, they have gone to hell in the last 2 years, but, as ive always known, they are made in china, WELL MADE, for the most part and this particular watch is perfect for a golden turd. I like it, no matter what you say! I have alot of anomosity for geeks and the personel at both Infectya and slop, DO NOT GET ME WRONG. But, for the most part, besides not liking alot of their designs, and sending most back, I like some of their watches for the money. I will keep these watches, withstanding the current stupid shit, and hope they go under. But........I do like SOME of the watches they have made. Let the trash begin!lol, the fishing is great up here.........eat yer heart out.

Re: AN INVICTA STORY

Postby Guest » July 28th 2010, 2:01am

and I thought you jerks had nuts, guess not........lmfao BRING IT, um rubitraw said that.

Postby Guest » July 28th 2010, 2:27am

Dude I love my 9937 (it's one of the first watches I ever bought) but when I sent it in for repair it took them forever to repair it and when they sent it back and charged me $20 for return shipping I wasn't too happy to get a watch that was still not fixed and on top of all that the dumbasses that polished it rubbed off half the bezel insert. It was a massive clusterfuck. I learned then that no matter how cool the watch looks, how affordable it seems to be, Invicta is just not worth it, and if you don't like you can kiss my butt.

Postby Mark » July 28th 2010, 3:07am

GEEKNOMO wrote:and I thought you jerks had nuts, guess not........lmfao BRING IT, um rubitraw said that.

I ain't gonna rub it raw since you are gonna bite it off and eat when you see Charla on TV.
Mark

Postby Mark » July 28th 2010, 3:09am

One thing people keep saying, Invicta has gone down hill over the past year or two.

Well, you are partly right. At one time their SA series and Reserve series were very good. Those NOW suck and can only be contributed the downhill theory for the past 2 years since all their other lines have ALWAYS been a hit or miss. remember 3+ years ago when JS was showing the lefty on TV with the hand floating at the bottom of the dial. He claimed it was due to being banged around. YEAH FUCK YOU. It is cheap chinese made watch.
Mark

Postby betterskills » July 28th 2010, 3:45am

I don't think you need to justify anything - you like what you like. Sure, people in this forum hate it, but that's because of the blatant lies used to market and the goon that owners and Mods at watchgeeks who routinely harrass and belittle anyone who just won't accept the lies. Lalo funds WG to squash the truth about Invicta and in doing so, I think the approach taken by people like Skelton have finally taken their toll. I mean people fucking hate the brand more than they hate BP! The times we live in don't help either - every fuckhead in DC lies; every corporation lies; every bank lies - people are just pissed in general. To be sold a used watch that has the hands fall off is 'normal' - and being belittled for thinking any different - just isn't playing well when people aren't even sure if they'll have a job 6 mos from now. This image problem is Invicta's making; their way of dealing with dissatisfied customers further compounds it.

I only have two - I view the brand like I view Fossil or Nixon. But this past year, especially the summer, just make it seem like a joke. And unfortuatly, when I look at them, I think of what a thunder cunt Skelton is and just can't associate in any way with that image.
betterskills
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bodypeersur » July 28th 2010, 3:51am

Well Geeknomo, I have several Invictas that I will never part with. My lovely wife bought me the first watch I had in over 20 years! Yes an Invicta and it's very nice. I also have a Flight Collection model in two-tone...inexpensive but the gold links are plated all the way around...not just on one side. I have a SANIII on rubber with perf dial but will more than likely sell that one as it really doesn't do much for me. I also have an original Sea Spider given to me by Ken. And of course my OG Diamond (or crystal) Meteorite (or sticker) with SW200. I think that's all I have now. But I like them and that's that! So byte me you summabeechez!
bodypeersur
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mark » July 28th 2010, 4:22am

betterskills wrote: thunder cunt

Can I use that?
Mark

Postby Mark1 » July 28th 2010, 5:32am

I will keep some of the Invictas I have. Can't anyone tell me the Pro Diver series, especially those made a few years ago, is not a decent watch. Especially the Miyota autos which can still be had occasionally for way less than $100. I can wear these watches without worry and if they ever break, well just throw them away. Who is going to fix a $100 auto-of any brand. They are what they. Decent low buck watches-they just happen to be sold by grifters. Notice I said sold, because who knows who actually manufactures them.
I'll keep my Russian diver mechanicals. Not that I believe the story behind their history, I just like the decorated Unitas movements.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Guest » July 28th 2010, 6:05am

I was one of the lucky ones that got to the party late. It was around march 09 before I ever heard of slop or Infecta. I was up late one night and saw that cheezy shill hawking watches,not long after that he mentioned WG. So I visted the place and within about 30min I could see that It was not watch forum but a promotional gig. Im always leary of shit I see on tv so I waited about six months before I purchased the Bolt on rubber.It's a decent watch that Is reasonably well made for It's price point. But as time went by I could see that the Big I and It's reps had nothing but contempt for It's customers,I could not and still can not get over how disrespectful these fuckers are to the very people who have suported them over the years. This Is the reason why I have nothing but disdain for anything associated with them. A lot of people research a product before they buy It today. The power of the Internet should not be taken lightly. My hope Is that these people will find a place like WL and find out the truth about these rotton bastards and the lies that they promote. :jo;jj: Now lets go kick some yellow ass :ouch:

Postby Guest » July 28th 2010, 7:15am

My advise to you NOMO is with a collection that big you can liquidate your Invictas and pickup atleast 3 quality automatics that will take you off your feet compared to a Infecta.
But like they say different strokes for different folks , I was able to sell 5 Infectas and picked up a Hamilton and a Glycine and i couldnt be happier!

Postby LIES ALL LIES!!! » July 28th 2010, 7:42am

In my mind there are only two kinds of Invicta owners:

The uninformed who truly have no idea about the scandals, quality issues, snake oil salesmen marketing, classless ethics, and constant lies.

or....

The informed who do know very well about all of the above but choose to turn a blind eye to it and continue to spend their hard earned money on them because they really like their Invicta watches. Even though many in this group may make a "stand" and say they will never buy another Invicta (just keep the ones they have now) they see the shiny Invicta bobble on TV and have to have it, they hear the hype by Skelton and they once again fall for it and begin a value pay schedule to find happiness in a brand that has fucked more people then Wilt Chamberlain.

In my opinion the second group is mentally weak. How can you financially support this brand whatsoever when you know better? It's like the same rationalizations I hear people on replica forums use to defend replicas. If you want to keep your Invicta's prior to your "revelation" of what this brand is all about, fine. Personally I sold all of mine on Ebay and never looked back. I refuse to wear the product of a shill company.
LIES ALL LIES!!!
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Guest » July 28th 2010, 8:01am

I have to be honest here and say that I have more respect for replicas than I do Infuckya. I have one replica that I purchased about two years ago as a novelty. That replica Is as well made or better than the Infuckya,no bull shit. No I dont condone the buying or selling of repilca watches. But at least when I purchased It I knew exactly what I was buying and wear It was made. The people that sold It to me were honest about the product. The watch has been trouble fee for a little over two years.How many people who buy Infuckyas can say the above. So It Is of my opinion that Infuckta has less Integrity than a crapy replica. Enjoy your watch kids :kingo: (ps) that cheep replica has a genuine Swiss eta 2824 and a "real" saphire crystal that was verified by my AD Image

Postby dude » July 28th 2010, 9:58am

. . . nomo, if you like the watch wear happily. Why wouldn't you?

. . . I'm actually envious that you can set aside any bias and enjoy wearing it. I've simply come to the point where I cannot split the issues from the item . . .
dude
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Guest » July 28th 2010, 1:26pm

wait a sec, it was all a bad dream...........I ate alot of beans yesterday..........baked beans........lielow's fav...........

Postby TemerityB » July 28th 2010, 4:19pm

What I guess I have learned, and it's all just from what people have said on four different watch forums, is that Invicta stuff before 2007 had its moments.

I could never insult anyone for whatever watch they choose to wear. Not everyone is rich, not everyone has the same taste. However, anyone who'd trade with IWG given what's happened in 2010, and knows the score, must have shit for brains.

I honestly wish I had NO Invicta in my collection, but there they are, taking up valuable space in the watch box. I gotta wash the car sometime, and that's when they'll get their wrist time. That and cleaning around the house; I'm glad I never "invested in a SAN whatever the fucking number is.

And I'll make this statement, which will make some people hate me even worse than ever, but here we go: I've always felt the SAN III, Venoms, Bolts, and Aculas are the ugliest motherfucking monstrosities EVER, omfg. The nadir of bad taste. When it comes to fashion and sports watches, I trust the advice of Fifth Avenue in NYC, not a bunch bar-hopping mokes from Minny.

"The thing is, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, when I met them, they were across the hall, and they don’t get high; they just eat a lot of pizza." - Norman Durkee
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby sandoz » July 29th 2010, 9:20am

TemerityB wrote: I've always felt the SAN III, Venoms, Bolts, and Aculas are the ugliest motherfucking monstrosities EVER, omfg. The nadir of bad taste.......
Nadir of bad taste? How dare you say that. The produce guy at giant eagle begged me to take 20 grand cash for my bolt. I didnt sell, of course, since it was a one of a kind LE. See you guys at the next GGT in 2030.
sandoz

Postby boscoe » July 29th 2010, 10:22am

I've actually decided to sell off all my remaining Invictas except a carbon fiber "LE (cough, cough)" Pro Diver with a Japanese auto a friend of mine and I keep giving back to each other.
Started when she said: Nice watch. I took it off my wrist and gave it to her.
Then many months later, she was wearing it and I said: That IS a nice watch. She gave it back.
And so forth a couple more times.
Right now I have it.
Hmmm... sounds more like an STD than an Invicta. Come to think of it, they're the same thing...
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » July 29th 2010, 10:30am

GEEKNOMO wrote:wait a sec, it was all a bad dream...........I ate alot of beans yesterday..........baked beans........lielow's fav...........

I hope you ate them with your fingers!

Seriously, whatever makes a guy happy to wear is fine with me. I still own one Invicta that works pretty well as a beater when I'm doing yard work and whatnot.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Watch Noob » July 29th 2010, 10:43am

boscoe wrote:I've actually decided to sell off all my remaining Invictas except a carbon fiber "LE (cough, cough)" Pro Diver with a Japanese auto a friend of mine and I keep giving back to each other.
Started when she said: Nice watch. I took it off my wrist and gave it to her.
Then many months later, she was wearing it and I said: That IS a nice watch. She gave it back.
And so forth a couple more times.
Right now I have it.
Hmmm... sounds more like an STD than an Invicta. Come to think of it, they're the same thing...

Story of the day. Invicta the watch that keeps on giving.
Watch Noob
Founding Member - WIS

Postby boscoe » July 29th 2010, 12:15pm

Memba this?

boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby Guest » July 29th 2010, 12:32pm

obviously I eat baked beans with my fingers, just look how many of these worthless pieces of shit I bought........you will catch on to my sly tongue in cheek posts.......im just an exzombie instigator.......ok, maybe not very sly.

Postby koimaster » March 13th 2019, 8:26am

another oldie from the first year of WL

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Return to The Watchlord Archives - The early years