More Chinese Counterfeits

Asian Made & Swiss Asian watches

More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby Horse Feathers » November 26th 2013, 9:15pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/booming-chi ... s-artists/

I suggest watching the video in the link

Image
Image

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
User avatar
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 9282
Joined: August 29th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby DocKlock » November 27th 2013, 7:27am

China fakes stuff!!! Crap!!!! That Rembrant painting from I just got from China is a fake? NOOOOOOO!
Seriously, China can fake anything today. Too bad they can't use that talent to actually come up with something firsthand. :fuckchina:
DocKlock
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 460
Joined: December 25th 2010, 11:00pm
Location: CNY

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby AJC » November 27th 2013, 7:53am

DocKlock wrote:China fakes stuff!!! Crap!!!! That Rembrant painting from I just got from China is a fake? NOOOOOOO!
Seriously, China can fake anything today. Too bad they can't use that talent to actually come up with something firsthand. :fuckchina:


You may want to check out AlbertaTime's site.
-Madvillian
User avatar
AJC
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 6116
Joined: May 14th 2012, 10:00pm
Location: Wilmington, DE AKA "Murdertown, USA" -Newsweek

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby Luftwafflles » November 27th 2013, 7:59am

The thing China can rarely fake is the quality. Possibly more damaging than their ignoring of copyrights is their currency manipulation. If anyone has Netflix, I would recommend a documentary currently available called "Death by China".
We called another exterminator to take care of the rat problem in the basement. This one hasn't come out either.







.
User avatar
Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: July 9th 2012, 10:00pm
Location: Near the motor city..

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby AlbertaTime » November 27th 2013, 8:37am

Luftwafflles wrote:Possibly more damaging than their ignoring of copyrights is their currency manipulation.


http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/06/news/economy/thebuzz/

China is not at all alone in that game. Glass houses.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
User avatar
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
 
Posts: 3115
Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Peace River, Alberta

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby AlbertaTime » November 27th 2013, 8:59am

AJC wrote:
DocKlock wrote:China fakes stuff!!! Crap!!!! That Rembrant painting from I just got from China is a fake? NOOOOOOO!
Seriously, China can fake anything today. Too bad they can't use that talent to actually come up with something firsthand. :fuckchina:


You may want to check out AlbertaTime's site.


Appreciated, Andrew.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
User avatar
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
 
Posts: 3115
Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Peace River, Alberta

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby Horse Feathers » November 27th 2013, 10:44am

DocKlock wrote:China fakes stuff!!! Crap!!!! That Rembrant painting from I just got from China is a fake? NOOOOOOO!
Seriously, China can fake anything today. Too bad they can't use that talent to actually come up with something firsthand. :fuckchina:


If it's a "Rembrant" instead of a REMBRANDT it must be a fake but then again it does take talent to see the differenece

Am kicking myself for starting this thread as I should have known it will turn into a Fuck China pile on

I thought the video made the story more interesting and shows there is definitely a different mindset in play. That mentality really impacts even the smallest companies and individuals, unchecked it will stifle creativity.

Saying that China offers no innovation is not worthy of a reply except to say that we, along with the Soviet Union, did the same when it came to German patents/intellectual property

http://www.wintersonnenwende.com/script ... tents.html
Last edited by Horse Feathers on November 28th 2013, 2:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
User avatar
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 9282
Joined: August 29th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby AlbertaTime » November 27th 2013, 11:08am

Horse Feathers wrote:Am kicking myself for starting this thread as I should have know it will turn into a Fuck China pile on

I thought the video made the story more interesting and shows there is definitely a different mindset in play. That mentality really impacts even the smallest companies and individuals, unchecked it will stifle creativity.


With respect, very appreciated.

But is "the different mindset" (presumed to mean "of the Chinese") such a real thing?

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2013/08/19/c ... art-forger

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/art-forgery
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
User avatar
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
 
Posts: 3115
Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Peace River, Alberta

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby Horse Feathers » November 27th 2013, 11:17am

AT, am sure fine art forgery has been around forever.

I started this thread to show it's not just an issue that affects corporations.

There is a cultural difference in China that can't be ignored (production and purchase)

http://www.peteryu.com/guanxi.pdf

https://atrium.lib.uoguelph.ca/xmlui/bi ... sequence=1

This is interesting as well

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/ ... erfeiting/
Image

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
User avatar
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 9282
Joined: August 29th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby TemerityB » November 27th 2013, 11:22am

Ahh, Alberta's "China isn't the only one who does it" excuse. Must be the holidays!
I would rather be seen wearing an Invicta than a Hublot - at least I can explain away the Invicta.
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 14712
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby AlbertaTime » November 27th 2013, 11:37am

TemerityB wrote:Ahh, Alberta's "China isn't the only one who does it" excuse. Must be the holidays!


As soon as folks stop acting and posting as if China *is* the only one who does it, I'll be more than happy to cease with the reminders. And, again, keep in mind that I never start this stuff.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
User avatar
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
 
Posts: 3115
Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Peace River, Alberta

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby AlbertaTime » November 27th 2013, 11:44am

Horse Feathers wrote: (among others) http://www.peteryu.com/guanxi.pdf


Thoughtful references and very appreciated, again.

Added: And, of course, if you're arguing that socialism/collectivism leads to less respect for individual or brand property -- including intellectual property -- rights, I'd agree ;-)
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
User avatar
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
 
Posts: 3115
Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Peace River, Alberta

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby eddiea » November 27th 2013, 12:45pm

AlbertaTime wrote:
TemerityB wrote:Ahh, Alberta's "China isn't the only one who does it" excuse. Must be the holidays!


As soon as folks stop acting and posting as if China *is* the only one who does it, I'll be more than happy to cease with the reminders. And, again, keep in mind that I never start this stuff.

Indeed ...spreading the guilt evenly , all across the board , is probably a more fair way to tackle the issue.
Last edited by eddiea on November 27th 2013, 7:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 10667
Joined: December 25th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby AlbertaTime » November 27th 2013, 12:50pm

eddiea wrote:
AlbertaTime wrote:
TemerityB wrote:Ahh, Alberta's "China isn't the only one who does it" excuse. Must be the holidays!


As soon as folks stop acting and posting as if China *is* the only one who does it, I'll be more than happy to cease with the reminders. And, again, keep in mind that I never start this stuff.

Indeed ...spreading the guilt evenly , all across the board , is probably a more subjective way to tackle the issue.


Well, the guilt belongs where it does...with the individuals who do it -- and who buy it -- no matter where they live.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
User avatar
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
 
Posts: 3115
Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Peace River, Alberta

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby eddiea » November 27th 2013, 12:55pm

AlbertaTime wrote:
eddiea wrote:
AlbertaTime wrote:
TemerityB wrote:Ahh, Alberta's "China isn't the only one who does it" excuse. Must be the holidays!


As soon as folks stop acting and posting as if China *is* the only one who does it, I'll be more than happy to cease with the reminders. And, again, keep in mind that I never start this stuff.

Indeed ...spreading the guilt evenly , all across the board , is probably a more subjective way to tackle the issue.


Well, the guilt belongs where it does...with the individuals who do it -- and who buy it -- no matter where they live.

No arguing there....
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 10667
Joined: December 25th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby catnap » November 27th 2013, 1:40pm

I don't personally give a shit what China fakes. Finding 'China case' stamped on the inside of my JDM Sumo with Made in Japan clearly printed on the outside left me feeling the whole Gen v fake argument has too many holes.What bothers me more about China are the twisted fucks who so sadistically torture animals to death for their skins and meat.
There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.
User avatar
catnap
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: January 22nd 2013, 11:00pm
Location: Great Britain

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby AlbertaTime » November 27th 2013, 6:20pm

catnap wrote:What bothers me more about China are the twisted fucks who so sadistically torture animals to death for their skins and meat.


That only bothers you if the perpetrators are Chinese?!?!?!?!
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
User avatar
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
 
Posts: 3115
Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Peace River, Alberta

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby catnap » November 27th 2013, 6:30pm

AlbertaTime wrote:
catnap wrote:What bothers me more about China are the twisted fucks who so sadistically torture animals to death for their skins and meat.


That only bothers you if the perpetrators are Chinese?!?!?!?!

What gives you that idea?
There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.
User avatar
catnap
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: January 22nd 2013, 11:00pm
Location: Great Britain

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby AlbertaTime » November 27th 2013, 6:34pm

catnap wrote:
AlbertaTime wrote:
catnap wrote:What bothers me more about China are the twisted fucks who so sadistically torture animals to death for their skins and meat.


That only bothers you if the perpetrators are Chinese?!?!?!?!

What gives you that idea?


You only mentioned it in relation to Chinese folks. Have I missed other posts from you on this?
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
User avatar
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
 
Posts: 3115
Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Peace River, Alberta

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby catnap » November 27th 2013, 6:57pm

No I haven't mentioned it in any other posts.
There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.
User avatar
catnap
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: January 22nd 2013, 11:00pm
Location: Great Britain

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby Horse Feathers » November 27th 2013, 7:02pm

I just want to go on record as being against the drowning of kittens.

Never know when I'll need this as backup to counter pro kitten drowning initiatives
Image

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
User avatar
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 9282
Joined: August 29th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby catnap » November 27th 2013, 7:09pm

And may I add that I'm not keen on Bear bile. Fucking horrible stuff.
There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.
User avatar
catnap
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: January 22nd 2013, 11:00pm
Location: Great Britain

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby AlbertaTime » November 27th 2013, 9:24pm

catnap wrote:And may I add that I'm not keen on Bear bile. Fucking horrible stuff.


:D :D
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
User avatar
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
 
Posts: 3115
Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Peace River, Alberta

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby catnap » November 28th 2013, 4:41am

I read somewhere it goes down easier after a few lines of powdered Tiger penis or Rhino horn.
There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.
User avatar
catnap
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: January 22nd 2013, 11:00pm
Location: Great Britain

Re: More Chinese Counterfeits

Postby AlbertaTime » November 28th 2013, 7:25am

catnap wrote:I read somewhere it goes down easier after a few lines of powdered Tiger penis or Rhino horn.


I think the vegan alternative is Cialis. Probably easier to find, too :-)
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
User avatar
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
 
Posts: 3115
Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Peace River, Alberta

Next

Return to Asian and Far East Watches

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests