Lets crack this Doxa China Thing

Asian Made & Swiss Asian watches

Re: Lets crack this Doxa China Thing

Postby koimaster » January 5th 2013, 2:05pm

Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 12:19 AM
To: help@doxawatches.com
Subject: RE: doxa purchase

By the way, who in the heck is lord john vargas? Someone at the forums posted some letters and photos from him which are off the wall.

Response in yellow

To : <********@juno.com>

Subject : RE: doxa purchase

Date : Thu, Jan 03, 2013 07:31 PM

To watchlords

A former DOXA subcontractor in the US, who wanted to damage DOXAs reputation by some naïve assumptions

Kind regards

customer service

DOXA watches Inc.

www.doxawatches.com

When asked to back up the claims about all dive organizations and such -

To: <*******@juno.com>
Subject: RE: doxa purchase
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 08:23:54 +0100

Hi, this is a discussion made up by the competition and by a paid Mafia, can you please point me to the link where the discussion is going on.

Please note that the world's known dive organizations, military and the world greatest divers use DOXA, those people know why they use DOXAs

Kind regards
customer service
DOXA watches Inc.
www.doxawatches.com

To : <********@juno.com>

Subject : RE: doxa purchase

Date : Thu, Jan 03, 2013 12:12 PM

watchlords

Hi, Our most prominent diver is Jean Michel Cousteau, his Nephew and his son, his father and uncle. Please search for the diving with legends book and you will 30 of the world’s most prominent divers in the history of diving from the Sixties until today, who use DOXA today as their main dive watch. Also Project Aware is a division of PADI and all members wear DOXA. The world’s Elite troop of Military NATO divers (Royal Australian Navy Divers RANCD) use DOXAs, Fact is, there is no other dive watch in the world that is being worn by so many dive professionals around the world.

http://www.doxawatches.com/sub1200t_project_AWARE_II.htm

Oz divers articel near bottom of page. Interesting that they spout the usual BS about the Doxa history as did project aware.

http://www.rancd-association.com/NEWS_%26_EVENTS_DIVING_NEWS.html

Kind regards

customer service

DOXA watches Inc.

www.doxawatches.com

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby bedlam » January 5th 2013, 2:31pm

Cases have been made in China as previously mentioned. Dials were made there too, at least at one point. When the new Aquadives were recently released they admitted to having dials and bracelets made in the 'Far East'. No reason not to think that is where they source them for their other watches too.

Walca keep claiming they have a Swiss factory. I think that is unlikely, though they may certainly be getting them made by another party in Switzerland. Given how poorly so many people regard Doxa over this issue their reputation could only go up by disclosing their partners.

And giving us a link to the RANCD group proves nothing more than the Navy guys know a hell of a lot more about diving than about watches. Which is to be expected. Regardless, the watch they collaborated on looks good and is likely to be highly competent...but not 100% Swiss made.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby eddiea » January 5th 2013, 2:35pm

My take is fuck Cousteau too, he and his diving buddies will gladly get buttfucked by Dirk Pitt for the right amout of money.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby koimaster » January 5th 2013, 3:20pm

WASP wrote:[font='Verdana']Arguments and positions are presented. Looks like it will be adjudicated. Too bad if it goes that way. No one wins except you know who.[/font]

adjudicated by the public as it should be. In this country we have free speech and it is protected. If Doxa were ever stupid enough to sue a forum or any other venue for what the opinions posted by members, they would lose and do so quickly.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby koimaster » January 5th 2013, 3:22pm

koimaster wrote:
WASP wrote:[font='Verdana']Arguments and positions are presented. Looks like it will be adjudicated. Too bad if it goes that way. No one wins except you know who.[/font]

adjudicated by the public as it should be. In this country we have free speech and it is protected. If Doxa were ever stupid enough to sue a forum or any other venue for what the opinions posted by members, they would lose and do so quickly. I have been threatened several times in the past by the heavy hand of those claiming to represent Doxa. It is all documented on this forum in fact.

They would be better served taking videos of their facilities.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Tzimisces » January 5th 2013, 4:56pm

I was waiting at the local Barnes & Noble, looking through the 2012 watch annual. The blurbs at the start of each brand are, I imagine, written by the brand's marketing dept. I noticed that most, perhaps all, of the major Swiss brands highlight the location of their manufacturing facilities. The German brands as well. Often there is a thumbnail image of the facility itself. Doxa does not.

“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » January 5th 2013, 7:27pm

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Wasp » January 6th 2013, 4:44am

I'm thinkin the truth will be fetted out by the courts. Not public opinion.
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby AJC » January 6th 2013, 5:23am

koimaster wrote:Image

I tried google reverse image search but didn't find anything. Where'd you find that thing? I want one for my work desk.
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby Hawk » January 6th 2013, 6:00am

WASP wrote:I'm thinkin the truth will be fetted out by the courts. Not public opinion.

How is any of this going to land in a court of law?
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby Wasp » January 6th 2013, 7:29am

Hawk wrote:
WASP wrote:I'm thinkin the truth will be fetted out by the courts. Not public opinion.

[font='Verdana']
[color=black][font='Verdana']The suit sharks smell money better than their brethren do with blood. There is money in the water. Wiki has a simplistic overview of Libel. One could take either side easily. But…it can be brought forth without frivolity. Suit might not have anyone here in the bullseye but the normal practice is to use the shotgun effect. Everybody gets served. Shakespeare had an observation…. The first thing a civilized society must do is kill all the lawyers. They knew it back then, worse today.[/font]

[/font][/color][font='Verdana'][color=black][font='Verdana'][color=#800080]Lets eat[/font][/color][/font][/color]
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Hawk » January 6th 2013, 7:57am

WASP wrote:
Hawk wrote:

[font='Verdana']
[color=black][font='Verdana']The suit sharks smell money better than their brethren do with blood. There is money in the water. Wiki has a simplistic overview of Libel. One could take either side easily. But…it can be brought forth without frivolity. Suit might not have anyone here in the bullseye but the normal practice is to use the shotgun effect. Everybody gets served. Shakespeare had an observation…. The first thing a civilized society must do is kill all the lawyers. They knew it back then, worse today.[/font]

[/font][/color][font='Verdana'][color=black][font='Verdana'][color=#800080]Lets eat[/font][/color][/font][/color]

They have nothing to worry about - I personally intend to let the "paid Mafia" crack slide.

Even a veiled threat of a suit on the part of Doxa would be an excellent real world example of why it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby Falstaff » January 6th 2013, 8:13am

bedlam wrote:Cases have been made in China as previously mentioned. Dials were made there too, at least at one point. When the new Aquadives were recently released they admitted to having dials and bracelets made in the 'Far East'. No reason not to think that is where they source them for their other watches too.

Walca keep claiming they have a Swiss factory. I think that is unlikely, though they may certainly be getting them made by another party in Switzerland. Given how poorly so many people regard Doxa over this issue their reputation could only go up by disclosing their partners.

And giving us a link to the RANCD group proves nothing more than the Navy guys know a hell of a lot more about diving than about watches. Which is to be expected. Regardless, the watch they collaborated on looks good and is likely to be highly competent...but not 100% Swiss made.

Precisely. Whether Doxa makes a decent diving watch or not - or which diving professionals use them sheds no light whatsoever on the question of where they are manufactured.
"Be careful with that axe, Eugene."
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby 3Flushes » January 6th 2013, 8:59am

elau wrote:That is why I once said this site is probably the best for watch enthusiasts, you learn what you actually are buying into instead of listening to hype and glossy advertisements from magazines.

+1

Why hide behind whore lawyers when the situation could be completely mitigated by Doxa being forthcoming with documentation of their claims and putting the controversy to rest? It is their failure to do so that tarnishes the brand. Their threats of legal action amount to nothing more than a slam suit, and if those threats are being leveled at this forum, they're screwing with a guy who has repeatedly shown he knows the bona fide method for dealing with bullies; you stand up and take counter measures.
Last edited by Anonymous on January 6th 2013, 10:05am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: OCD
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Darksider » January 6th 2013, 9:42am

WASP wrote:
Hawk wrote:

[font='Verdana']

If Doxa is stupid enough to sue the forum, I can assure Doxa that the discovery process will be painful, open and destructive to their business. I do not take prisoners in wars. I have had two attorneys disbarred, a US Customs agent removed from his position, a Judge sanctioned and more over the course of the past 20 years.

On top of that the forum would counter-sue for millions. They are far better off staying in Texas, Asia and that small "factory" in cheezeland. I suppose I should forward all of the threats made to me and this forum to the US Attorney since Doxa is a business based in Cheeseland and they are threatening a US citizen in an attempt to stifle free speech. By the way, those threats would of course be made public to the media.
Darksider
Founder

Postby AlbertaTime » January 6th 2013, 10:23am

3Flushes wrote:...they're screwing with a guy who has repeatedly shown he knows the bona fide method for dealing with bullies; you stand up and take counter measures.

Aye. Bullies look for victims, not adversaries. Sooner or later, usually sooner, bullies always fold. Or get folded.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Postby koimaster » January 6th 2013, 10:29am

Re: DOXA

Sir, just out of curiosity, what is it that makes you hate DOXA so much?

***************************************************************************************************************

You run watchlords.com, and you apparently believe in some conspiracy theory, which I don’t understand which I don’t understand, we are not into what you call " a pixxing contest", maybe a decent conversation on a professional level can clarify things and help clear misunderstandings. There is definitely some animosities there, that I on behalf of DOXA like to clear up, this is not by any mean a hostile approach, it is the contrary

***************************************************************************************************************

First off, I am sorry for your loss, having this avatar, tells me a bit about yourself.

I also appologize if my former collegue has threatened you or your forum.

My name is *****,

You have made numerous statements and claims, if you are willing to listen, I will try to address each and every one in my email, but a good start would be to ask your friend the consul at the FHS, who DOXA is, and if they are a legitimate company, this will definitely change your mind, also ask him about Mr. Jenny Sr., he definitely knows him personally and he will tell you how well respected he is in the Swiss watch industry.

DOXA is not a drop site company, it is a 3 story building with Rolex offices in the first floor, and more than 20 admin employees working in that office. do a googlemap for: Rue de Zurich 23, Biel, Suisse and you will see the building. In this building there is no manufacturing or assembly. Those are carried out at the DOXA facility in Tessin.

cheers

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby eddiea » January 6th 2013, 11:49am

Only Doxa I can find in Ticino, Switzerland (Via Balestra 31
6900 Lugano)is not a watch production facility, this year the Co. changed their name to Doxint.
Overview
Entry in the commercial register:28.04.2011
Legal domicile of the company: Lugano (TI)

Number of the commercial register:CH-501.3.015.611-8
Commercial Registry:Canton of Ticino

Purpose
La consulenza, l'attività di intermediazione di beni e servizi nonché l'organizzazione in materia di internazionalizzazione di aziende, in particolare verso l'America Latina. La società può partecipare ad altre società ed imprese che perseguono scopi affini.
Translation of the CO. purpose..
(Consulting, brokering of goods and services and the organization concerning the internationalization of companies, particularly to Latin America. The company may participate in other companies and businesses that serve similar purposes.)

Former company names
Doxa International SA
News
New name for Doxa International SA
Big change in the administrative board of Doxa International SA
FBE_BEZEICHNUNG# extends the administrative board
Doxa International SA changes its field of activity

Last SOGC announcements
SOGC: 001 / 2013 from 03.01.2013
Doxa International SA, in Lugano, CH-501.3.015.611-8, società anonima (FUSC no. 253 del 29.12.2011, Pubbl. 6483064).
Statuti modificati: 20.12.2012.
Nuova ragione sociale: Doxint Consulting SA.
SOGC: 253 / 2011 from 29.12.2011
Complemento all'iscrizione del registro giornaliero no. 15'299 del 20.12.2011, pubblicato sul FUSC no. 250 del 23.12.2011. Doxa International SA, in Lugano, CH-501.3.015.611-8, società anonima (FUSC no. 250 del 23.12.2011, p. 0, Pubbl. 6475434).
Persone dimissionarie e firme cancellate: Grimaldi, Giuseppe, cittadino italiano, in Canobbio, membro, con firma collettiva a due.
Nuove persone iscritte o modifiche: Bianchi, Rino, cittadino italiano, in Canobbio, membro, con firma collettiva a due.
SOGC: 250 / 2011 from 23.12.2011
Doxa International SA, in Lugano, CH-501.3.015.611-8, società anonima (FUSC no. 234 del 01.12.2011, p. 0, Pubbl. 6440534).
Nuove persone iscritte o modifiche: Grimaldi, Giuseppe, cittadino italiano, in Canobbio, membro, con firma collettiva a due [finora: in Lugano, amministratore unico con firma individuale];
Carneiro Moreira, Flavio Tadeu, da Collina d'Oro, in Montagnola (Collina d'Oro), presidente, con firma collettiva a due.
eddiea

Postby eddiea » January 6th 2013, 12:00pm

There is a Doxa Uhren AG in Bienne (front offices, not production facilty of any kind) as stated in Doxas own e-mail ) as follow.

Doxa Uhren AG
Zürichstrasse 23
2504 Biel/Bienne
Location map | Vicinity

Capital:CHF 100'000
Most recent amendment:23.08.2001

1st of December 2011
Doxa International SA changes its field of activity
Fully show message

Overview
Proprietor (1)
Administrative board (2)
Signatories (2)
Auditors (1)
Network
Financial issues
Creditworthiness new
Contact
SOGC notifications

Information about debt enforcement new
Commercial register extract

Overview
Entry in the commercial register:05.05.1997
Legal domicile of the company: Biel/Bienne (BE)
Change domicile

Number of the commercial register:CH-073.3.006.443-8
Commercial Registry:Canton of Berne

Purpose
Manufacture and sale of watches and watch components. The Company may acquire or dispose of property, and charge. Show original purpose
Change of purpose

Translations of the company name
Montres Doxa SA

Last SOGC announcements
SOGC: 162 / 2001 from 23.08.2001
Doxa Uhren AG, in Biel BE, Herstellung und Vertrieb von Uhren und Uhrenbestandteilen, Aktiengesellschaft (SHAB Nr. 95 vom 22. 05. 1997, S. 3418).
Peoples registration new or modified: Jenny Peter Alexander, von Langenbruck, Biezwil, Präsident, mit Einzelunterschrift [bisher: in Bettlach, Mitglied];
Jenny Romeo Fernando, von Langenbruck, Bettlach, Mitglied, mit Einzelunterschrift.
SOGC: 095 / 1997 from 22.05.1997
Doxa Uhren AG (Montres Doxa SA) (Doxa Watches Ltd), in
B i e l B E, Zürichstrasse 23, Aktiengesellschaft (Neueintragung).
Statutes date: 2. Mai 1997.
Aim: Herstellung und Vertrieb von Uhren und Uhrenbestandteilen. Die Gesellschaft kann Liegenschaften erwerben, veräussern und belasten.
Share capital: CHF 100 000.
Share capital paid-up: CHF 100 000.
Shares: 100 Namenaktien zu CHF 1000.
Publication organ: SHAB.
Mitteilungen an die Aktionäre: Eingeschriebene Briefe.
Restricted rights for share: Die Übertragbarkeit der Namenaktien ist nach Massgabe der Statuten beschränkt.
Peoples registration: Peter Alexander Jenny, von Langenbruck, in Bettlach, einziges VR-Mitglied, mit Einzelunterschrift;
Jörg Moser AG, in Solothurn, Revisionsstelle.
eddiea

Postby eddiea » January 6th 2013, 12:21pm

As a side note, Invicta once had an office in Ticino, Switzerland as well (coincidence Image ).. before been deleted from the commercial register there, their assets where up for liquidation on April 28, 1998.
eddiea

Postby koimaster » January 6th 2013, 12:37pm

Tessin is the German version of Ticino. Awl a has offices there.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby eddiea » January 6th 2013, 12:43pm

koimaster wrote:Tessin is the German version of Ticino. Awl a has offices there.

Yup....Same Canton , since Italian is the official language of the Canton, the correct name is Ticino...fuck the Germans.
eddiea

Postby Horse Feathers » January 6th 2013, 2:18pm

It looks like we are being watched.

Doxa just posted a photo of their main Suise manufacturing facility

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby elau » January 6th 2013, 2:26pm

Horse Feathers wrote:It looks like we are being watched.

Doxa just posted a photo of their main Suise manufacturing facility

You haters made me laugh very hard.
elau
Watchlord WIS

Postby WatchDorks.Net » January 6th 2013, 2:46pm

I loves me some Photoshop too:

Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS

PreviousNext

Return to Asian and Far East Watches