Traska Watches

Asian Made & Swiss Asian watches

Traska Watches

Postby koimaster » March 30th 2019, 3:51pm

Our Story
We are an independent American watch brand with a passion for exquisite detail and a commitment to excellence. Unmoved by the shallow ethos peddled by luxury brands and weary of fast-fashion offerings designed for obsolescence, we seized the opportunity to establish a legacy.

We craft world-class wrist watches that combine classic design and contemporary engineering. Our drive — to inspire those with discerning tastes to seek more from the watch on their wrist.

https://www.traskawatch.com/shop

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Traska Watches

Postby JAS1125 » March 30th 2019, 4:15pm

Kinda dig the stainless bezel black dial.
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby biglove » March 30th 2019, 4:45pm

Like the mint dial, Black bezel. Good dimensions.
"There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever."- Ron White
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » March 30th 2019, 6:18pm

Move along. Nothing to see here.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » March 30th 2019, 6:35pm

biglove wrote:Like the mint dial, Black bezel. Good dimensions.

Quite fetching.

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » March 31st 2019, 7:52am

Racer-X wrote:
biglove wrote:Like the mint dial, Black bezel. Good dimensions.

Quite fetching.

Looks like some are popping up on WatchRecon for ~$280.
"There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever."- Ron White
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby codguy » March 31st 2019, 9:18am

The grey dial, black bezel looks nice, I can't get past the name though.

Seems like a decent enough watch.

It would have been the perfect afternoon if those jagoffs from Greenpeace hadn't showed up and tried to roll me back into the Puget Sound - conj
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby TemerityB » March 31st 2019, 8:56pm

I've seen a lot worse. But you can buy a Croton with an NH35 variant for $65.
“Bob says hello," he told the stars. The Argo II sailed into the night.” ― Rick Riordan, The House Of Hades
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » March 31st 2019, 9:23pm

TemerityB wrote:I've seen a lot worse. But you can buy a Croton with an NH35 variant for $65.

Or, like a Seiko for about $200-250.

Or a Hamilton Khaki with a Caliber 80 for a hundred bucks more than these jamokes are asking (gray market.)

This is the problem with microbrands, and why I disdain them so much. Who buys them, and why? If I meet a guy who's wearing a Seiko diver or a Hamilton, I know almost immediately that He's One of Us. If I see some fucking clown wearing a Traska, I assume he's a schmuck. The same goes for just about any micro out there.

How did Seiko get where it's at in the market and in This Thing of Ours? Or Hamilton, for that matter? They have some history, they make an honest, great watch. They didn't come up with a marketing plan in their mom's basement. When they make a watch, they don't pick out cases and dials and bracelets from some online catalogue from Hong Kong. They didn't suck a bunch of blogger's cocks from guys who are "influencers," a term that literally makes my skin crawl even typing.

The zenith (or more accurately, nadir) of micros was that douchebag who made Deaumar wartchs, posting about how the world did him wrong when his brand died. Naturally, it was everybody else's fault that he couldn't make a go of it; like most millennials, he figured his shit didn't stink, every idea he had was fucking great, and nobody wanted his shit wartchs because they were, well, fucking shit.

Micros make their living by standing on the shoulders of giants. Alas, most giants still move, and folks standing on their shoulders tend to fall off and go splat on the sidewalk.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Asian and Far East Watches