Hands-On: Nomos Tangente Red Dot Singapore Edition

From Sothis to Blancier, all things German

Hands-On: Nomos Tangente Red Dot Singapore Edition

Postby Racer-X » September 27th 2018, 6:51pm

"Following the swift sellout of last year’s Zurich Weltzeit Singapore Edition, Nomos has once again rolled out a pair for limited editions for the city state, clad in a combination of blue and salmon.

Both watches are based on the hand-wound Tangente 38, the basic, 38mm version of the quintessential Nomos wristwatch. The ordinary version of the Tangente 38 is only available with a silvered dial, with coloured dials only being available on the pricier, self-winding neomatik models or limited editions.

The Tangente was inspired by 1930s wristwatches and designed in Deutscher Werkbund style. Simple in form but nevertheless distinctive, the case is steel, entirely polished, and characterised by flat planes on all surfaces."

http://watchesbysjx.com/2018/09/nomos-tangente-red-dot-singapore-edition.html
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Hands-On: Nomos Tangente Red Dot Singapore Edition

Postby conjurer » September 27th 2018, 7:36pm

Dang! Those look exactly like every other Nomos. I was expecting it to have big dragon on the dial or some fucking thing.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » September 27th 2018, 8:45pm

Dang, I thought from the headline that Nomos had won a Red Dot Award, that semi-bogus design thing that's been awarded to everyone from Invicter to my Aunt Min's mince pie to innovative low rider toilet seats. I remember the Lawler nod being such a big deal at WIT that pacer, RW, the goof from Jersey, and hkshooter had a parade complete with joy buzzers and paper hats that ended about last Thursday. Hey, it was rumored that Invicter Ryan would show up, but he had to stay at home.

Instead, it was all about a literal red dot. Fancy that. Unlike some here, I like Nomos, but mainly because I had a chance to try one on and it felt like butter, man, it just melts onto your wrist. Quality's off the scale. This design is okay but I like other older models a lot more.
(Unwraps gift) "What ... a Stuhrling Original ... Regatta? Because you heard me talking about dive watches? Oh ... you shouldn't have ..."
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Pubbie » September 28th 2018, 4:51am

More fucking limited editions, all of them the same as all the others. Otherwise known as the "Speedmaster marketing model".

Next.

Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Falstaff » September 28th 2018, 6:29am

Yup, nothing screams Singapore like a German watch with a red sub seconds hand and a tiny red dot - and only a hundred lucky bastards will own one. I'm surprised Nomos wasn't given the keys to the fucking city.
"Be careful with that axe, Eugene."
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » September 28th 2018, 6:37pm

If these exact dials would have been used on the 33 and 35mm versions, and without the red dot and the red second hand, Nomos would have two excellent watches in their line-up. But hey, it's Nomos, so they had to fuck it up.
Since it's 38mm, the subdial is way too close to the centre, because the movement's based on the Peseux 7001. The red accents make the whole thing pretty fucking ghastly.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.
Voltaire
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » September 30th 2018, 3:52pm

'I like Nomos, although I've always felt there's not a dime's worth of difference between models. And now I understand why- 11 cents worth of difference totally fucked it up.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Pubbie » October 1st 2018, 1:29am

3Flushes wrote:'I like Nomos, although I've always felt there's not a dime's worth of difference between models. And now I understand why- 11 cents worth of difference totally fucked it up.

That tiny droplet of red has the WISxremists over at BranduSeek turning their nuts inside out. Repeat for Omega, Tudor, Rolex, etc etc.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Return to German Watches