Moritz Grossmann’s first automatic- the ATUM Hamatic

From Sothis to Blancier, all things German

Moritz Grossmann’s first automatic- the ATUM Hamatic

Postby Racer-X » August 18th 2018, 9:32am

"Moritz Grossmann’s first automatic watch reveals the maison’s new approach to self-winding. It features a modern interpretation of an older-generation device: a pendulum mass, referred to as an automatic hammer mechanism. Christened ‘Hamatic’, this piece transforms automatic winding into a fascinating visual experience within a brand new 106.0 calibre. Compared with standard rotor-based systems, this automatic hammer system is a thorough rarity. It works by transferring power from a moving bi-directional hammer with a heavy gold head that sits on a fine stem."

https://deployant.com/moritz-grossmanns-first-automatic-watch-the-atum-hamatic/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Moritz Grossmann’s first automatic- the ATUM Hamatic

Postby foghorn » August 18th 2018, 10:25am

The use of the word "maison" for a Manufacturer is as galling as saying "boo-fucking-teek" instead of store.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » August 18th 2018, 10:31am

A new take on the montre a secousses is kind of cool, but the dial apertures are useless.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.
Voltaire
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » August 18th 2018, 8:16pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:A new take on the montre a secousses is kind of cool, but the dial apertures are useless.

Actually, the cutouts are about the only thing I like about it. It looks like it's smiling, the grin of an SS officer before he sets fire to a Polish village.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » August 19th 2018, 6:42am

A Moritz Grossman model - not this one, obviously - ranks as the finest watch I've ever held in my hands.
The one I tried one was simpler; I can't say I like this one nearly as much, though I'm sure it's quite a watch. Dropping that kinda coin, it's gotta be beyond perfect. I've never really been a fan of cut-outs or skeletons, for reasons I really can't even explain.
(Unwraps gift) "What ... a Stuhrling Original ... Regatta? Because you heard me talking about dive watches? Oh ... you shouldn't have ..."
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to German Watches