Germanic greatness – 8 uber-cool German watches

From Sothis to Blancier, all things German

Germanic greatness – 8 uber-cool German watches

Postby Racer-X » August 3rd 2018, 2:12pm

"Last week, Cam — fortified with a strong cup of tea and some crumpets — ran us through eight of the finest watches from British brands. Well, today I’ve had my cold cuts and pumpernickel for breakfast and selected eight of Germany’s most serious timepieces to start you day off right. Now, while Germany might not be the watchmaking powerhouse that their neutral neighbour Switzerland is, they’re no slouches either. The industry is based around two towns: Glashütte, in the east, is the best known, as it’s the oldest centre and home to big names like A. Lange & Söhne, Nomos and (unsurprisingly) Glashütte Original. The other hub is Pforzheim, in the west, home to brands such as Laco and Stowa. And even though it’s a gross oversimplification to make sweeping generalisations about national identity and watchmaking, and on the surface the unbreakable watches of Sinn and the complicated symphonies of Lange bear little resemblance, there are shared values of perfection in purpose that seem to fit in neatly with Germany’s reputation for outstanding production and engineering. I’m not sure where their love of David Hasselhoff fits into this equation, but it’s not something I’m going to mess with."

https://timeandtidewatches.com/list-germanic-greatness-8-uber-cool-watches-from-deutschland/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Germanic greatness – 8 uber-cool German watches

Postby foghorn » August 3rd 2018, 2:27pm

Ich bin ein Club campus

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » August 3rd 2018, 2:56pm

The Lange 1 in platinum floats my boat, but out of my price range.. :roll:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » August 3rd 2018, 3:18pm

Unless there's been a second Anschluss, and Austria has once again been annexed by Germany, Habring2 is Austrian, not German.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.
Voltaire
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Return to German Watches