The Value Proposition - The Anordain Model 1

Watches with British & Commonwealth roots

The Value Proposition - The Anordain Model 1

Postby koimaster » April 10th 2019, 2:12pm

Coming out of the SIHH/Baselworld season, there's always a bit of fatigue when it comes to new watches. I've read so many press releases, seen so many brand presentations, and handled so many new (and only sort of new) watches over the last few months that it can become a bit of a blur. Everything runs together. But when I took delivery of a few watches from upstart brand Anordain right between the two trade shows, it was a little breath of fresh air. The aesthetic, the ideas, and the backstory all spoke to me and I knew I wanted to share them with you all.

Anordain is based in Glasgow, Scotland, and was founded with a pretty simple mantra: "the appeal of a good mechanical watch lies in its ability to operate independently of the modern world." With that in mind though, Anordain's watches don't feel overly nostalgic or backward looking. Instead, they reference the past in subtle ways while still appearing contemporary and different. Anordain's first watch, the aptly named Model 1, is an expression of these principles and one that's appealingly priced at just a hair over $1,300.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/anord ... roposition

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: The Value Proposition - The Anordain Model 1

Postby biglove » April 10th 2019, 4:02pm

A Nomos homage for ONLY $1300. Beautiful, yes. To hell with that price tag though.
"There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever."- Ron White
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Re: The Value Proposition - The Anordain Model 1

Postby conjurer » April 10th 2019, 9:40pm

Those look like fucking shit. Anybody who buys one of these is a hipster fucking asshole, and can suck my salty balls.
Cream rises to the top while jackoffs only leave puddles of rancid jizz.

--Temerity, regarding Bazinga!.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Hail Britannia