WTF: Australian firefighters shot at while battling US fire

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other

WTF: Australian firefighters shot at while battling US fire

Postby bedlam » September 10th 2018, 5:45pm

Australian firefighters shot at while battling US wildfire

Two Australian firefighters, on patrol with US Forest Service personnel in Washington state, were set upon by hunters, chased and shot at in an incident which has reached officials within the Foreign Affairs Department.

The incident, which took place on August 23, shook Australia's support operation in the northwest of the United States and led to demands for local fire services to upgrade security and guarantee the safety of the crew.

Nearly 80 Australian firefighters have been working with the US Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management in northern California, Oregon and Washington since July, and were dispatched to the popular White Pass ski destination in August after fire spread across an eight square kilometre area.

The incident, which involved two Australians and two local officers, led to the arrest of the two hunters.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-a ... 502x6.html
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Re: WTF: Australian firefighters shot at while battling US f

Postby Thunder1 » September 10th 2018, 6:25pm

Unbelievable!!!...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bedlam » September 10th 2018, 10:35pm

Obviously the answer is to arm the firefighters!
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby conjurer » September 11th 2018, 9:06am

Obviously, Carl, the two firefighters are owed a gigantic apology, particularly on this day, when, 17 years ago, over three hundred of their American brothers died when the twin towers collapsed in NYC.

As a resident of Washington, I didn't even realize that Australia sent some of her best to assist in the fires; all I can say is thank you to Australia.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » September 11th 2018, 4:49pm

conjurer wrote:Obviously, Carl, the two firefighters are owed a gigantic apology, particularly on this day, when, 17 years ago, over three hundred of their American brothers died when the twin towers collapsed in NYC.

As a resident of Washington, I didn't even realize that Australia sent some of her best to assist in the fires; all I can say is thank you to Australia.

You know the drill, we are there when its needed. Nothing changes that, even when you have a dip shit at the helm.

:mrgreen:

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby gerdson » September 11th 2018, 9:17pm

Plus, they were told there would be beer... ;-)
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » September 11th 2018, 10:09pm

bedlam wrote:
conjurer wrote:Obviously, Carl, the two firefighters are owed a gigantic apology, particularly on this day, when, 17 years ago, over three hundred of their American brothers died when the twin towers collapsed in NYC.

You know the drill, we are there when its needed. Nothing changes that, even when you have a dip shit at the helm.

:mrgreen:

Quite so. As much as I enjoy breaking Australian balls, when the chips are down and it's time to smash beer bottles and pool cues, there's nobody better to be watching your back in the roadhouse versus a bunch of methed up Bandido bikers than a fucking Aussie. This might be due to the fact that, at one time, America was the dumping ground of England's low-life cocksuckers, at least until we wised up and kicked the limey bastards the fuck out, to be replaced by Australia. Or, it might be because the average Australian, like the average American, isn't particularly bright but, in the end, wipes the floor with the methed up bikers.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » September 12th 2018, 3:37am

gerdson wrote:Plus, they were told there would be beer... ;-)

That's all it takes. Conj thinks were loyal! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Return to Anything and Everything Else