And while I’m here...

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other

And while I’m here...

Postby itfc1959 » December 20th 2017, 4:39pm

The NFL.

I’ve only really gotten into it these past two seasons. The BBC have been covering it, with two ex-players making sense of it all for us poor saps who used to think it was just a bunch of guys throwing shit at each other, and fighting. But, i’ve grown to really like it and although from time to time it still needs explaining, I can see there’s a real art and beauty to the game. I think my favourite franchise (see what I did there?) are the Packers. I would have loved to have seen them in last season’s Super Bowl against New England; that would have beeen a great battle of the QBs. Rogers or Brady? You decide.

Which brings me to my question (and I swear to God I’m not trolling); why does everyone seem to hate the New England Patriots?
itfc1959
Senior Member & WIS

Re: And while I’m here...

Postby bedlam » December 20th 2017, 4:40pm

Why NFL when you have the real thing. Rugby!
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby foghorn » December 20th 2017, 4:51pm

Most people will say that NE cheats and therin lies the hate. But the real reason is that they win year after year after year after year.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby biglove » December 20th 2017, 5:06pm

Because of Tom Brady. NO man should have looks that good, hair that great, a wife that hot (albeit batshit crazy), that much talent, a smile that great and that much f'ing cash.

I hate NE because of that fucker.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Thunder1 » December 20th 2017, 6:15pm

foghorn wrote:Most people will say that NE cheats and therin lies the hate. But the real reason is that they win year after year after year after year.

Yes, the North East coast version of the Cowboys...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » December 20th 2017, 7:33pm

biglove wrote:Because of Tom Brady. NO man should have looks that good, hair that great, a wife that hot (albeit batshit crazy), that much talent, a smile that great and that much f'ing cash.

I hate NE because of that fucker.

^^^That.

And they cheat.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » December 20th 2017, 7:38pm

Cheaters!
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby NorthCountry » December 20th 2017, 7:41pm

Nobody cared enough to hate the Patriots when Steve Grogan was their QB. America is strange, in that we want you to do well, but not that well.
NorthCountry
Senior Member & WIS

Postby artman » December 20th 2017, 8:10pm

Fuck'n Patriots.
artman
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » December 20th 2017, 10:44pm

Green Bay sucks donkey dicks. I'm from Chicago, and da Bears almost always lose to Green Bay (and, more lately, everybody else.) Therefore, the fudge Packers suck donkey dicks.

However, it's nice to see a Brit who has finally Seen the Light and likes Real Men's Football, not those Nancy Boys who kick around an absurd round ball for, like, fifteen hours without scoring a touchdown.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby itfc1959 » December 21st 2017, 1:46am

conjurer wrote:Green Bay sucks donkey dicks. I'm from Chicago, and da Bears almost always lose to Green Bay (and, more lately, everybody else.) Therefore, the fudge Packers suck donkey dicks.

However, it's nice to see a Brit who has finally Seen the Light and likes Real Men's Football, not those Nancy Boys who kick around an absurd round ball for, like, fifteen hours without scoring a touchdown.

not too many touchdowns scored at Ipswich Town. Not too many goals either, but we are sitting just outside the playoffs with with half a season to go.

Mrs Itfc likes the bears, but because of the name.

I like the Packers because of their history and becuause they are owned by their fans. Unlike Arizona with their trillion-dollar Mercedes sponsored enormo-dome and half-mile wide video screens so they can like sell you shit.

Steelers for the Super Bowl? Nah. Tom Brady will turn it around with four minutes in the clock and reverse a 21point deficit, all on his own, and go off to a round of applause for a nice cup of tea and a lie-down, and who knows what else from that super-hot b@@@h of his.

Is she crazy, then? Dang, always a catch.
itfc1959
Senior Member & WIS

Postby itfc1959 » December 21st 2017, 1:56am

NorthCountry wrote:Nobody cared enough to hate the Patriots when Steve Grogan was their QB. America is strange, in that we want you to do well, but not that well.

That surprises me too. A bit like here, then.
itfc1959
Senior Member & WIS

Postby itfc1959 » December 21st 2017, 2:11am

As a matter of fact most people feel the same way about Manchester United, for pretty much the same reasons, even if they are tottering on their perch a bit these days. I went to The Stadium of Light (seriously) when Town had their brief stint in the Premiership, about a hundred years ago, and I fucking hated it. Apart from the distinct feeling that you were moving into a different level of magnitude, the whole place stank of monied arrogance. Even the hag who sold us pies at half-time and who probably still lives in a rat-infested shit-hole with mold on the walls near the gay quarter by Canal Street down by the river, sneered at me when I tried to pay with a fiver.

They lost last night in a cup game, to a side two divisions below them. Ho Ho Fucking Ho!
itfc1959
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Wasp » December 21st 2017, 5:56am

bedlam wrote:Why NFL when you have the real thing. Rugby!

Why Rugby when you have Australian Rules Football
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Anything and Everything Else