And now it begins - Bowing to Muslims

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other

Re: And now it begins - Bowing to Muslims

Postby spanky1 » November 26th 2015, 12:29am

koimaster wrote:
tiktok wrote:
spanky1 wrote:Ordinary Citizens Taking A Stand: If You Don't Like The Message Leave Our Country

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/loc ... 41055.html

There ain't no Christ in the Constitution.

Nope but christians want their own version of shari'a law in this country. If they don' like the constitution they ignore it.

Your free to leave of your own choosing. Our Constitution guarantees; Non Christian believers aren't beheaded, drowned, burnt alive, raped, tortured, or sold into slavery.
spanky1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » November 26th 2015, 9:46am

Sorry- edited a quote insteada the post.
Last edited by 3Flushes on November 26th 2015, 1:56pm, edited 1 time in total.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » November 26th 2015, 1:55pm

It's crucial to note that Sheriff Cracker spent his own money on the sign, placed it lawfully on non public land, and then started a crowd funding project to pay for it. As long as he's expressing personal views and not using government money to disseminate them, who cares what that stupid un-American love it or leave it cracker thinks? I can only assume that for someone who feels so strongly, the Sheriff's comments like most of his ilk are not limited to foreigners, but extend to Americans as well. US Citizens have inherited the vision of our forefathers who gave US the government by and through OUR Constitution framed with the plasticity to respond to the evolving complexities of life as they would present themselves in the future. The American People govern a system where the majority rules as installed by the people, and the minority has the right to express their dissent through free speech, a free press and the courts in addition to political action such that influence over the path and process of the government and nation can be exerted even out of power. The inalienable right to stand one's ground and fight; nothing could be more quintessentially American than that. Patriots stand up. To stand by, or to demand so of dissidents is as un-American and antithetical to the American way of life as communism. We have the country we've got because patriotism outside of the military in the US is largely dead while self-hating assholes in tinfoil colonial hats somehow manage to pass, and 70% of the electorate abstains from voting. Love it or leave it my fucking ass.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Beau nidle » November 27th 2015, 12:24pm

I'm an atheist.

It's simpler.

I'm part of a not for prophet organisation.
Beau nidle
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mortuus » November 27th 2015, 1:51pm

FWIW, I'm an often-confused half-Catholic/Half-Jew, but I believe in and place my full faith with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, who happens to be the same for both faiths (though I never wear my prayer shawl or phylacteries to mass). As such, I don't proselytize, nor do I care if you're an atheist, an agnostic, or even a Conjurist. I am deeply offended by those who do proselytize, because 99% of them do it obnoxiously, and the rest of us who quietly keep to our own faith get lumped in with those who feel the need to browbeat others into accepting their view of the world.

I don't consider myself better than anyone else because of my faith, but I do resent being belittled by others for possessing it in the first place. I'm a firm believer in our Constitution, especially the first amendment; the only thing I'd have added to it would be a "freedom from religion" clause so everyone would feel covered, warm and fuzzy.

However, I need to add that, if others attempt to take away my ability to exercise my first amendment rights, I will enthusiastically exercise my second amendment rights. Live and let live is my motto, but I'm an excellent shot inside of 1000 yards. ;)
Mortuus

Postby Mortuus » November 27th 2015, 2:19pm

Oh, I forgot to mention that, as a confirmed capitalist, I intend to provide a clean, well-lighted place for our Syrian guests. I've obtained the franchise rights to open, in every major city, the new Allahu Akbar Snack-Bar™, featuring delicacies that will remind them of their lost homes; goat's anus chowder, camel shit stew and sheep's vagina with fava beans and non-alcoholic chianti, just to name a few. I'll make millions of dollars, turn my home into a fortress and tank up on Milk Bones for my doggy, arugula and canned pears for Missus Mort, and frozen pizzas and White Castles for moi.' If you can't beat 'em...
Mortuus

Postby 3Flushes » November 27th 2015, 2:27pm

Mortuus wrote:Oh, I forgot to mention that, as a confirmed capitalist, I intend to provide a clean, well-lighted place for our Syrian guests. I've obtained the franchise rights to open, in every major city, the new Allahu Akbar Snack-Bar™, featuring delicacies that will remind them of their lost homes; goat's anus chowder, camel shit stew and sheep's vagina with fava beans and non-alcoholic chianti, just to name a few. I'll make millions of dollars, turn my home into a fortress and tank up on Milk Bones for my doggy, arugula and canned pears for Missus Mort, and frozen pizzas and White Castles for moi.' If you can't beat 'em...

I pledge two large deli trays, 5 pounds of chopped liver of the animal of their choice, and a pound of Halvah.

3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby spanky1 » November 27th 2015, 2:45pm

Mortuus wrote:FWIW, I'm an often-confused half-Catholic/Half-Jew, but I believe in and place my full faith with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, who happens to be the same for both faiths (though I never wear my prayer shawl or phylacteries to mass). As such, I don't proselytize, nor do I care if you're an atheist, an agnostic, or even a Conjurist. I am deeply offended by those who do proselytize, because 99% of them do it obnoxiously, and the rest of us who quietly keep to our own faith get lumped in with those who feel the need to browbeat others into accepting their view of the world.

I don't consider myself better than anyone else because of my faith, but I do resent being belittled by others for possessing it in the first place. I'm a firm believer in our Constitution, especially the first amendment; the only thing I'd have added to it would be a "freedom from religion" clause so everyone would feel covered, warm and fuzzy.

However, I need to add that, if others attempt to take away my ability to exercise my first amendment rights, I will enthusiastically exercise my second amendment rights. Live and let live is my motto, but I'm an excellent shot inside of 1000 yards. ;)

However, I need to add that, if others attempt to take away my ability to exercise my first amendment rights, I will enthusiastically exercise my second amendment rights. Live and let live is my motto, but I'm an excellent shot inside of 1000 yards. ;)[/quote]

I'm in Your Corner Mortuus
spanky1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby jason_recliner » November 27th 2015, 3:43pm

spanky1 wrote:
Mortuus wrote:FWIW, I'm an often-confused half-Catholic/Half-Jew, but I believe in and place my full faith with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, who happens to be the same for both faiths (though I never wear my prayer shawl or phylacteries to mass). As such, I don't proselytize, nor do I care if you're an atheist, an agnostic, or even a Conjurist. I am deeply offended by those who do proselytize, because 99% of them do it obnoxiously, and the rest of us who quietly keep to our own faith get lumped in with those who feel the need to browbeat others into accepting their view of the world.

I'm in Your Corner Mortuus[/quote]

Don't take this the wrong way. If you professed to be in my corner, I'd get a full personality transplant. Or, if that's not a thing yet, I'd kill myself.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby Mortuus » November 27th 2015, 4:14pm

jason_recliner wrote:
spanky1 wrote:I'm in Your Corner Mortuus

Don't take this the wrong way.

You know, this reminds me of my military service, when someone junior tried to be slick by starting an obviously disrespectful statement or insult by first saying, "With all due respect, sir." It was still disrespectful, and still an insult. I never allowed a subordinate or other junior person to complete a sentence that started with that tiresome phrase. My response was usually, "Stow it, or you'll earn yourself a trip to see the Old Man." (Navalese for Shut up, unless you want non-judicial punishment for being disrespectful to a senior.) "With all due respect" almost always came from one of your knuckleheaded troublemakers, the ones who usually got tossed out with an other-than-honorable or even a bad-conduct discharge.

So, tell me, Tobes, how is spanky -- or even I -- supposed to "take this?" (Asked with all due respect, of course... ;) )
Mortuus

Postby jason_recliner » November 27th 2015, 4:32pm

I didn't want him to think it's a joke. As in, don't think I'm kidding, or joking, when I say...

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby Mortuus » November 27th 2015, 4:35pm

jason_recliner wrote:I didn't want him to think it's a joke. As in, don't think I'm kidding, or joking, when I say...

Oh, I see...I'm a little slow, but I eventually get there... :?
Mortuus

Postby Tzimisces » November 27th 2015, 4:42pm

jason_recliner wrote:I didn't want him to think it's a joke. As in, don't think I'm kidding, or joking, when I say...

You don't think this is worth fighting for?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

I sure do.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby jason_recliner » November 27th 2015, 4:46pm

Tzimisces wrote:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

I sure do.

If I thought that quote represented the shit stain on humanity that Spanky is, I wouldn't feel this way.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby spanky1 » November 27th 2015, 4:57pm

jason_recliner wrote:
Tzimisces wrote:

I sure do.

If I thought that quote represented the shit stain on humanity that Spanky is, I wouldn't feel this way.

I'm smiling jason_recliner: I didn't realize my prose were having such an affect on your psyche.
spanky1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby WatchDorks.Net » November 27th 2015, 6:09pm

Ladies, let's get the PMS in check...
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Tzimisces » November 27th 2015, 6:10pm

jason_recliner wrote:
Tzimisces wrote:

I sure do.

So because Spanky feels the principles in the 1st Amendment are worth fighting for, you do not?
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby tiktok » November 27th 2015, 7:09pm

spanky1 wrote:
koimaster wrote:
tiktok wrote:
spanky1 wrote:Ordinary Citizens Taking A Stand: If You Don't Like The Message Leave Our Country

Nope but christians want their own version of shari'a law in this country. If they don' like the constitution they ignore it.

Your free to leave of your own choosing. Our Constitution guarantees; Non Christian believers aren't beheaded, drowned, burnt alive, raped, tortured, or sold into slavery.

I find Spanky's comments smug and myopic and his grammar stinks. He has baited me about my own political beliefs and assumed I am a gung ho expansionist who should thank the US for propping up my nation. I do not support expansionism but I prefer not to plow into the Israel question here. That said, I have no beef with the guy, that's how he rolls and that's cool.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby spanky1 » November 27th 2015, 7:15pm

tiktok wrote:
spanky1 wrote:
koimaster wrote:
tiktok wrote:

I find Spanky's comments smug and myopic and his grammar stinks. He has baited me about my own political beliefs and assumed I am a gung ho expansionist who should thank the US for propping up my nation. I do not support expansionism but I prefer not to plow into the Israel question here. That said, I have no beef with the guy, that's how he rolls and that's cool.

Forgive my stinking grammer, I'm not submitting my opinions for monetary gain. I didn't realize my post at WL required a professional proof reader before they were suitable for your consumption.
spanky1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby tiktok » November 27th 2015, 7:22pm

Well you know we Jews are intellectual snobs.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby spanky1 » November 27th 2015, 7:27pm

tiktok wrote:Well you know we Jews are intellectual snobs.

Forgive me: I forgot, The Chosen Ones: http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasi ... people.htm
spanky1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby TimeBeing » November 27th 2015, 7:44pm

Wow, I read many comments on line! When my Norwegian grandmother came to the USA, she was 19 and only spoke her native language...she found other Norwegians and eventually married into the community...in time, she learned English and was glad to be a citizen. I would hope all people who come here would do the same, in time. My friends in Central Minnesota spoke German until WWII, when it was pretty much a ticket to ostracism by the community..then, the USA put many Japanese in camps after Dec. 7th 1941. Everybody is wetting their pants over immigrants coming here...it takes over 2 years to get vetted. Look what happened today in this country....at the Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs...he killed 2 cops...THIS IS A DOMESTIC TERRORIST..they are white and they are citizens and this is more terrible than "outsiders". Look at the Skin Heads and the KKK and so many others!!! Let's get real.
TimeBeing

Postby codguy » November 27th 2015, 7:59pm

TimeBeing wrote:it takes over 2 years to get vetted. Let's get real.

Why vet them, they can't be any worse than the white guys.

FFS
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby fatman » November 27th 2015, 8:10pm

codguy wrote:

FFS

Who are you going to vet them through?
HF
fatman
ASSHAT

Postby tiktok » November 27th 2015, 8:34pm

fatman wrote:
codguy wrote:

FFS

Who are you going to vet them through?

Through the cheese cloth.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

PreviousNext

Return to Anything and Everything Else